It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:33

Page 47 of 76 [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 16:02 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

GENESIS Videos Volume 2

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2020, 14:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

just saw my childhood favorite THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN (1971) on Blu-Ray for the first time.

good sound, though not really all that appreciably different from the LD i have, just cleaned up and perhaps emphasized a bit.

where things shine is the Video quality. everything's as sharp and detailed as i imagine it could ever be,
allowing me to see a great many fine details in sharp relief, that neither my VHS or LD editions ever quite could...

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 12:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

T.J. Hooker

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 16:21 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Phil Collins Going Back

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 17:34 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Extraction (2020)

Not as many kills as in John Wick but still plenty. :P

The action choreography is really impressive. It's a great ride all the way through.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 18:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Watching Gorath right now.
Gorath (1962) [TLL 2218]

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 02:14 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Watched a lot of crap on pluto and tubi but now spinning the important Killer, The: Special Edition #211 (1989) (Uncut) [CC1363L]

This one's for you forper.
Hope you can get a copy or have your copy, its a great transfer and I remember after watching it on cable back in the day, possibly Cinemax.
I think it was dubbed.
It came out on LD about a month later, my father and I went straight to Tower Video to pick this up, cost a small fortune but it was worth it
and have enjoyed it ever since.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 11:53 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

rein-o wrote:
Watched a lot of crap on pluto and tubi but now spinning the important Killer, The: Special Edition #211 (1989) (Uncut) [CC1363L]

This one's for you forper.
Hope you can get a copy or have your copy, its a great transfer and I remember after watching it on cable back in the day, possibly Cinemax.
I think it was dubbed.
It came out on LD about a month later, my father and I went straight to Tower Video to pick this up, cost a small fortune but it was worth it
and have enjoyed it ever since.

enjoy it for me :) I still have my copy in storage and never got a chance to spin it. Criterions usually are low probability on rot, right? so my copy should be fine but still not enjoying it sucks.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 15:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Yeah for some reason someone posted that it had rot, wonder if thats just the film source?
It was as perfect as the day I first watched it.

Or they just had that one bad copy?

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 16:12 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Watched the first episode of Liquid Television, MTVs animation anthology from the 90s where Aeon Flux originally debuted. Watching it gave me this strange feeling, like I was actually watching TV back in the 90s again, although I'm positive this is the first time I'd seen any of it.

Well, most of it anyway. I already got Aeon Flux on DVD, but it was still nice to see the original shorts in their proper context; however, the first episode also featured "Grinning Evil Death" - which is also on Computer Animation Festival #1 [72333-80037-6]!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 16:22 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Did some popcorn watching recently. They Burbs, The Mummy 1999 and Big Trouble in Little China. Gonna watch something thoughtful tonight, probably Rashomon.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 17:34 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

takeshi666 wrote:
Watched the first episode of Liquid Television, MTVs animation anthology from the 90s where Aeon Flux originally debuted. Watching it gave me this strange feeling, like I was actually watching TV back in the 90s again, although I'm positive this is the first time I'd seen any of it.

Well, most of it anyway. I already got Aeon Flux on DVD, but it was still nice to see the original shorts in their proper context; however, the first episode also featured "Grinning Evil Death" - which is also on Computer Animation Festival #1 [72333-80037-6]!

This show never met its promise but I was very interested in it back in the day. Aeon Flux...is way too gross for my tastes but in general I appreciate the show. That was a very exciting time for independent animation.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 20:01 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Hillary Duff The Girl Can Rock. Why she didn't take off as others I don't know unless they want someone sl***y or controversial. She's cute and a great singer

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2020, 10:02 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Sometimes i do the same to feel again like in the 90s; yesterday i watched the analog broadcast of "Robocop III"
recorded on VHS and i watched too all the commercials between movie pauses...ahhhh...good old days

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2020, 12:40 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

ertoili wrote:
Sometimes i do the same to feel again like in the 90s; yesterday i watched the analog broadcast of "Robocop III"
recorded on VHS and i watched too all the commercials between movie pauses...ahhhh...good old days

Indeed! Now I too feel an urge to dig out some of my old early 90s recorded from broadcast VHS & S-VHS tapes for a quick fix, have to admit I've not run them in years although They are mostly from BBC broadcasts so no commercials included, sadly I used to mainly edit out the commercials from the independent UK channels....a bad move in retrospect I think!
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2020, 13:12 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

CHiPs

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2020, 22:16 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserfanhld-gb wrote:
ertoili wrote:

Indeed! Now I too feel an urge to dig out some of my old early 90s recorded from broadcast VHS & S-VHS tapes for a quick fix, have to admit I've not run them in years although They are mostly from BBC broadcasts so no commercials included, sadly I used to mainly edit out the commercials from the independent UK channels....a bad move in retrospect I think!

Yes, I also did some recordings on S-VHS about twenty years ago. I played some of these tapes this year and they still look beautiful. The funny thing is you can even read
the teletext. It is not perfect but you can see the time and date and switch to the main page 100 to see today's news. I love S-VHS. It was an awesome format to record
analogue broadcasts to. My player also had a function called S-VHS ET. You could record a S-VHS signal to a standard VHS tape. Yes, resolution was better but it was also
grainier than a standard VHS recording and also depended on the quality of the VHS I used. The best tape for this purpose by far ! was the Maxell Black tape.
I am also quite satisfied with the quality of my VHS recordings. I already threw out most of my VHS recordings but I still keep the more interesting
recordings of rare films and documentaries and other stuff ( music, etc. ).

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2020, 23:48 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

confederate wrote:
laserfanhld-gb wrote:
ertoili wrote:

Yes, I also did some recordings on S-VHS about twenty years ago. I played some of these tapes this year and they still look beautiful. The funny thing is you can even read
the teletext. It is not perfect but you can see the time and date and switch to the main page 100 to see today's news. I love S-VHS. It was an awesome format to record
analogue broadcasts to. My player also had a function called S-VHS ET. You could record a S-VHS signal to a standard VHS tape. Yes, resolution was better but it was also
grainier than a standard VHS recording and also depended on the quality of the VHS I used. The best tape for this purpose by far ! was the Maxell Black tape.
I am also quite satisfied with the quality of my VHS recordings. I already threw out most of my VHS recordings but I still keep the more interesting
recordings of rare films and documentaries and other stuff ( music, etc. ).

Thanks for jogging my memory regarding the teletext capability with S-VHS tapes confederate, I'd honestly forgotten all about that over time. I seem to recall now that even standard VHS recordings from broadcast could also capture the teletext signal to a degree although nowhere near as faithfully as the hi band version did, I've not had a chance to play back any of my tapes just yet and I'm sure I recorded from broadcast several live concerts to S-VHS through the period 1992-1997 (ish), will be interesting to see/hear those after all these years - so it seems VHS playback capability still lingers on in Germany, England & France for some of us at least, judging by these posts ;)
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 05:14 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Oh, that one is funny.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 10:04 
True fan
True fan

signofzeta wrote:
Oh, that one is funny.

You know, I didn't like Terminator 3, but at least when the machines rose up in that film they didn't try to sell me crap hoodies. :lol:

Page 47 of 76 [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 76  Next