It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:40

Page 7 of 76 [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 05 May 2019, 02:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
Now the heck is 1975 “season 1”?

Blame the American distributor. I think the UK box set has the correct "season 12" title.

It doesn't even make sense from the colour perspective because now there's a Pertwee one. What are they gonna call that, season minus three!?

PostPosted: 05 May 2019, 03:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Some of the other older Doctors are fine too. I've been watching episodes here and there lately.

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 01:31 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Was forced to see detective pikachu by my f***ing idiot friend last night. At least he bought the tickets.

The PC-ness is so painful. It's definitely a movie made in 2019.

The heroes are a black kid and a white girl? tick.
The seemingly good white man at the start of the movie actually turns out to be super evil? tick
The seemingly evil white woman agent type is actually just a shape shifting evil pokemon controlled by the evil white man? tick.
Pikachu's dad is a good white man at the end but he looks like a young Guardian writer and he married a black woman so he's safe? tick
Pikachu asks the audience how they can't believe in climate change now during an EARTHQUAKE. tick
Pikachu suggests they go press the female reporter for more info but then quickly makes clear to the audience it's actually a metaphor. He then calls her a dame and is shamed by the kid and told women don't like that. tick.

Jesus Christ, I was really not liking the brainwashing of the kids (and some of the adults) in the audience and being talked down to constantly but stayed to see how many more left wing/social justice/identity politics messages they could cram into a movie about a f***ing yellow piece of s**t.

The effects were pretty good and the giant baby miming pokemon (f**k, is that a real pokemon?) is about the creepiest thing I've seen in a while. I had to look away.

By the way Disney has officially run out of ideas. The previews were for Toy Story 4, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Aladdin.

Last edited by Anonymous on 12 May 2019, 07:25, edited 1 time in total. _________________
SONY MDP-355GX, DVDO iscan VP50, SONY KVHR-M36

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 01:33 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Watched all of S. Craig Zahler's films in the last week. I'm late to the party but boy if there ever was a beacon of hope that the world hasn't been completely brainwashed by leftists it's his movies. You know, actual adult movies that focus on the acting and characters, not their race or gender unless it's part of the story or the character's motivations.

I think he's like Tarantino but without the sometimes pretentious homaging and constant referencing and overblown dialogue. Zahler's movies are straighter, they're no b******t, no played out mulitple storylines and I like Tarantino's dialogue but sometimes it's pretentious. Zahler has good dialogue but he doesn't waste lines and it seems more plausible.

One of my favorites was in Dragged Across Concrete when Vaughn comes up to Gibson on a stakeout with a coffee. Gibson's like "did you get me one?" Vaughns like "no but I can tell you about mine, it all began on the warm shores of Jamaica.."

That line would fit just as much into an '80s buddy cop movie as this. It's not trying too hard but it's so great.

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 03:43 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

forper wrote:
Was forced to see detective pikachu by my f***ing idiot friend last night. At least he bought the tickets.

Ah well then you really must have loved The Predator or Pacific Rim Uprising.

I slogged through The Predator but it took 3 sittings to watch the entire film, had to keep stopping it.
PR Uprising, wow I couldn't even get past 15 minutes, and I can watch total garbage films from beginning to end but not uprising.

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 03:58 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
forper wrote:

Ah well then you really must have loved The Predator or Pacific Rim Uprising.

I slogged through The Predator but it took 3 sittings to watch the entire film, had to keep stopping it.
PR Uprising, wow I couldn't even get past 15 minutes, and I can watch total garbage films from beginning to end but not uprising.

Well I avoid new movies in general unless I hear they're not preachy in advance. Only movies I've gone out of my way to watch in the last few years are the Sicario movies, Galveston and the Zahler movies.

The only movies I've gone along with a friend to see have all been the same modern mainstream hollywood blatant left-wing messaging throughout. The Last Jedi and Skyscraper. They felt like sermons instead of movies, not surprised those other ones you mentioned are the same.

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 04:50 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Oh, I saw the trailer for Skyscraper. Diehard with a vet who is missing a leg but not really.
Can a person who has both legs really play a person who is missing a leg when there are lots of people who are missing legs that can act.
So in reality isn't he taking the work away from a person who is missing a leg.

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 07:28 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
Oh, I saw the trailer for Skyscraper. Diehard with a vet who is missing a leg but not really.
Can a person who has both legs really play a person who is missing a leg when there are lots of people who are missing legs that can act.
So in reality isn't he taking the work away from a person who is missing a leg.

yeah it's totally leglessist :D

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 15:58 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I am struggling to find something half decent to watch as well. I watched the escape room last night. Eh it was okay at best. The story is a direct lift from Cube movies.

PostPosted: 12 May 2019, 16:44 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I'm going to try and watch SOLO in a few hrs, wish me luck.......

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 19:40 
Serious fan
Serious fan

forper wrote:

The heroes are a black kid and a white girl? tick.
The seemingly good white man at the start of the movie actually turns out to be super evil? tick
The seemingly evil white woman agent type is actually just a shape shifting evil pokemon controlled by the evil white man? tick.
Pikachu's dad is a good white man at the end but he looks like a young Guardian writer and he married a black woman so he's safe? tick
Pikachu asks the audience how they can't believe in climate change now during an EARTHQUAKE. tick
Pikachu suggests they go press the female reporter for more info but then quickly makes clear to the audience it's actually a metaphor. He then calls her a dame and is shamed by the kid and told women don't like that. tick.

Jesus Christ, I was really not liking the brainwashing of the kids (and some of the adults) in the audience and being talked down to constantly but stayed to see how many more left wing/social justice/identity politics messages they could cram into a movie about a f***ing yellow piece of s**t.

The effects were pretty good and the giant baby miming pokemon (f**k, is that a real pokemon?) is about the creepiest thing I've seen in a while. I had to look away.

By the way Disney has officially run out of ideas. The previews were for Toy Story 4, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Aladdin.

You resumed the actual movie industry pretty well on this, I'm doing the same, not watching any of their propaganda movies and especially not giving them a cent of my money.
What also is annoying on those new movies, is their overabundance of cgi, they use cgi for almost every special effects now, and it's just making me wanna puke.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 00:00 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

rein-o wrote:

It is at least a watchable movie but not a star wars movie.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 00:58 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

They should have done a Solo movie in the late 80s/early 90s with Harrison. That would have SLAYED.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 01:28 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

At the moment there is a Blu-ray sourced, English subtitled, complete Heidi of the Alps on Youtube. I’m totally into it, as is my four year old who is actually the right age to be watching this.

I’ve always known Heidi as mainly the Sherlie Temple movie and it being a popular (royalty-free maybe?) story to remake over and over again. Much like Rascal (the 1977 season of the same annual western literature anime series) I didn’t have much interest but after seeing the show I tracked down the book. Heidi is a very compelling story. That old man really got hard done to by like everyone. Then this kid gets dumped on his lap and happiness just flows up and down all over the place, back into town and then up to the Alps again. It doesn’t even need the Takahata/Miyazaki Touch to be magic but it helps market century old books to illiterate noobs like me more than 40 years later.

The backgrounds in this show were very good, better than anyone could tell watching over the air in 1974, better than I knew watching the LD version. They are basically movie grade most of the time. It’s amazing how much new stuff you can see in these new HD versions of ancient shows, particularly when it comes to color.

I really wish there was an export version of this show. I’d pay $400 for it, sure.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 01:33 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

signofzeta wrote:
At the moment there is a Blu-ray sourced, English subtitled, complete Heidi of the Alps on Youtube. I’m totally into it, as is my four year old who is actually the right age to be watching this.

I’ve always known Heidi as mainly the Sherlie Temple movie and it being a popular (royalty-free maybe?) story to remake over and over again. Much like Rascal (the 1977 season of the same annual western literature anime series) I didn’t have much interest but after seeing the show I tracked down the book. Heidi is a very compelling story. That old man really got hard done to by like everyone. Then this kid gets dumped on his lap and happiness just flows up and down all over the place, back into town and then up to the Alps again. It doesn’t even need the Takahata/Miyazaki Touch to be magic but it helps market century old books to illiterate noobs like me more than 40 years later.

The backgrounds in this show were very good, better than anyone could tell watching over the air in 1974, better than I knew watching the LD version. They are basically movie grade most of the time. It’s amazing how much new stuff you can see in these new HD versions of ancient shows, particularly when it comes to color.

I really wish there was an export version of this show. I’d pay $400 for it, sure.

The only one I have ever seen is the old Disney one not Shirley Temple's one but I would like to see the anime one of these days.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 02:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

substance wrote:
rein-o wrote:

It is at least a watchable movie but not a star wars movie.

I was totally lost in continuity with that one.
So how old was Han Solo supposed to be? We saw Darth Maul and he was in the first film Epi 1 when Anikin was like 8 or 10 and before he had Luke.
Luke was from what I remember supposed to be 19 or something in IV so how old was Han in IV like 45? and then in Jedi would have been
50 or older, and in last jedi would have been like 400?????

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 08:58 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

RIP Harrison Ford

I've been educating myself on Yapoos and Jun Togawa, watching and rewatching the LDs..

Been watching my Yumi Tanimura LDs and noticing a few inconsistencies and omissions from the database, made submissions to fill those holes.

Noticed a Yumi Matsutoya LD is missing too. Added that.

hey, already updated, thanks Julien and thanks for filling in the info I couldn't find!

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 16:02 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

forper wrote:
RIP Harrison Ford

I've been educating myself on Yapoos and Jun Togawa, watching and rewatching the LDs..

Been watching my Yumi Tanimura LDs and noticing a few inconsistencies and omissions from the database, made submissions to fill those holes.

Noticed a Yumi Matsutoya LD is missing too. Added that.

hey, already updated, thanks Julien and thanks for filling in the info I couldn't find!

what do you mean RIP? Also is it more JPOP? I should get into that sometime.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 17:04 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I think he means he may as well be RIP. He’s like Paul Simon now. People have no end of respect for what they’ve done but it’s time to go frolic on a farm somewhere and stop putting out crap.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 21:04 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

He was pretty good as Gaff in Ender's Game but the whole movie felt weird to me for some reason. I read the book but I didn't feel weird. Honestly he probably should have retired some time ago but whatever. I just wish I could be married to Ally McBeal :D

Page 7 of 76 [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next