It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:24

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Yasuko Agawa?
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 12:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello.

I'm looking to find which Laserdisc may contain a live performance of L.A. Night by Yasuko Agawa? It was originally released on her album Gravy in 1984

The EP version of L.A. Night is apparently getting a limited edition repressing in 2022 and is unfortunately going to costs around 657 jillion dollars from what I've read, it's got major hype. An original 1984 copy of Gravy (and a 1986 copy of L.A. Night) isn't exactly wandering the halls of Bargainland either unfortunately. Incidentially the song does appear on a compilation LP called Pacific Breeze, which is nice I guess, and look who done the sleeve art for that album? It's our friend again that likes swimming pools!

Anyway, the closest Laserdisc I can find is a 1987 release called "Night Line on Stage". However that album doesn't feature L.A. Night. I can't find a scan of the back cover of the Laserdisc so it would be a pure punt in the dark in the hopes the song is featured in her set list as it is the closest year she may have toured with the song being relatively new?

It's not on Love Bird as that was released in 1983, before L.A. Night. It's not on Live At Orchard Hall either as I've seen the tracklisting for that disc. Also it's not on the Ron Carter Quintet release either as I've seen the track list for that too. Which leaves Night Line on Stage... :think:

Does anyone know any more? Discogs etc hasn't really helped.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]