It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:45

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Howard Jones titles on laserdisc
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 15:14 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

It took me a long time to get all four Howard Jones laserdiscs. They were only released in Japan.

There are two editions of the first live concert with different corner OBIs as shown and a slightly different cover as the Warner Brothers logo changed lightly - top right corner.
Interestingly the person tasked with designing the new cover didn't do a very good job as they just anti aliased over the original image logo and then put the new logo on top and it is really visible as you can see.

I don't believe any of these titles have ever been officially re-issued on DVD so they are all highly sought after today.

Last edited by laserdisc_fan on 22 Oct 2011, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Howard Jones titles on laserdisc
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 16:52 
True fan
True fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
It took me a long time to get all four Howard Jones laserdiscs. They were only released in Japan.

There are two editions of the first live concert with different corner OBIs as shown and a slightly different cover as the Warner Brothers logo changed lightly - top right corner.
Interestingly the person tasked with designing the new cover didn't do a very good job as they just anti aliased over the original image logo and then put the new logo on top and it is really visible as you can see.

I don't believe any of these have titles have ever been officially re-issued on DVD so they are all highly sought after today.

Will happen soon enough with Howard Jones now in control of the remasters.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 20:22 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I wouldn't be so sure about the video footage appearing any time soon. Howard does own the masters to the audio (or at least some of the audio) which is why the recent remasters have surfaced however notice no video has appeared on any of those remasters.

For example:
Survivor - live in Japan laserdisc - audio released on CD, but no DVD ever released.
Queensryche - live in tokyo laserdisc - audio released on CD, but no DVD ever released.

Even in cases where a title is reissued on DVD (as was the case with Whitesnake - Super Rock 84) the laserdisc may not drop in price - Whitesnake Super Rock 84 laserdisc still consistently fetches $300 - $400 for a mint copy due to sheer collectibility.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 22:45 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I actually picked up one of those howard jones laserdiscs for 2 bucks on ebay about 6 months ago. Beautiful copy. I was sad to see it go. Regardless, awesome videos, and really nice sound.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 14:00 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Howard Jones can also be found on the following laserdisc:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]