It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tina Turner "Simply the Best" PAL pressing
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 22:39 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Tina Turner: Simply the Best (1991) [PLMPB 00821]

I've given Tina Turner a clean with fairy washing up liquid and its now simply the best for playing as it has been cleaned.

The Pioneer picture quality is okay. The songs are cool like "Addicted to Love" and "We don't need another hero".

I would prefer album release without the distance musical instruments and screaming crowds. Some videos are without yelling cheering fans that have slightly punchy sound.

Post subject: Re: Tina Turner "Simply the Best"
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 22:52 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I've never tried using Fairy Liquid to clean laserdiscs although I have used it successfully in the past to clean CDs.
Seems to be working ok for you.

I tend to use Novus 1,2,3 polishes for LDs as they can remove deep scratches and don't leave streaks although it can take quite a while buffing them up if you want them to look like new.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 23:54 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
I've never tried using Fairy Liquid to clean laserdiscs although I have used it successfully in the past to clean CDs.

I tend to use Novus 1,2,3 polishes for LDs as they can remove deep scratches and don't leave streaks although it can take quite a while buffing them up if you want them to look like new.

Keep up the good work!

Maybe I'll try it on the few lousy bluray discs I have that take 10 mins to load up! Laserdisc never fails unless its player issue (or critical Laser-rot). A few scruff marks on the Laserdisc and it is so durable and reliable when it comes to playing. if it was tiny scratch on a bluray all you end up with is 20 mins of pixels. :yawn: Yeah I'll try my CD DVD HD-DVD and bluray.

I have to press down hard and wipe in circles to get the discs shiny clean. Maybe I'll buy one of those hand buffers that polishes paint work. :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 01:30 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

laserbite34 wrote:
laserdisc_fan wrote:

Keep up the good work!

Maybe I'll try it on the few lousy bluray discs I have that take 10 mins to load up! Laserdisc never fails unless its player issue (or critical Laser-rot). A few scruff marks on the Laserdisc and it is so durable and reliable when it comes to playing. if it was tiny scratch on a bluray all you end up with is 20 mins of pixels. :yawn: Yeah I'll try my CD DVD HD-DVD and bluray.

I have to press down hard and wipe in circles to get the discs shiny clean. Maybe I'll buy one of those hand buffers that polishes paint work. :lol:

You can't remove scratches from a Blu-ray disc. On a LaserDisc, HD-DVD and CD, the data is deep beneath the surface of the disc - on a BD, the data is right at the surface, so a scratch wipes out the data. That's why BD originally came in cartridges when it was first developed as an HD home recording format and the anti-scratch coating was developed for the non-cartridge prerecorded format version of BD. if a BD is scratched, it's junk.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 10:30 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

disclord wrote:
laserbite34 wrote:
laserdisc_fan wrote:

Keep up the good work!

You can't remove scratches from a Blu-ray disc. On a LaserDisc, HD-DVD and CD, the data is deep beneath the surface of the disc - on a BD, the data is right at the surface, so a scratch wipes out the data. That's why BD originally came in cartridges when it was first developed as an HD home recording format and the anti-scratch coating was developed for the non-cartridge prerecorded format version of BD. if a BD is scratched, it's junk.

:lol: That's the best answer that has made sense. I think they should have made them like CED discs caddy so it keeps fingers off the disc!

When you buy them "so, so called brand new at shops" the bloody things have been opened buy the shops and handled roughly! I almost bought Indiana Jones box-set buy when I saw all the bull-whip marks all over the discs each and every one. I told HMV to screw themselves I wasn't paying £30.00 for a scratched item that was going to be no doubt troublesome. Never buy bluray discs if opened from a shop slim chances it will be a headache it some players.

Laserdisc on the other hand great wonderful (did I already say it)?

Is it possible a film on memory-card with full HD and 8 channel sound playback and extras? I'm not clued up about memory-cards but seeing the data storage of some of them with 30G and I doubt higher plus so easy to make a collection.

Maybe have long board with slots for the memory-cards to slot in the films and all this goes to master-control computer so that the user can chose. Say a panel that would hold 100 cards and when you like to change the list remove the card place it a safe place and insert new films. 30G or higher cards x 100 slots is a lot of Gig 3000G.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 13:59 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

My BD player has a USB port and I can encode movies in AVC or VC-1 with multichannel lossless audio and play them back from the USB drive with no problems.

And yes, BD should have come in caddies - like CED and CD-ROM's used to. But the studios didn't want to spend the extra 50 cents for the caddy, so TDK came up with the anti-scratch coating. I just wish they'd apply it to butter soft DVD-R's too!

Post subject: Re: Tina Turner "Simply the Best" PAL pressing
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 14:05 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Yes, hence "Handle With Care". Maybe I should buy some white cloth gloves to handle the bluray discs.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 17:14 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:

Keep up the good work!

I avoid discs with bad covers and scratched discs, I prefer to wait to get a decent copy,
It must be a very special disc if I want to defer from my rule.. (until now I only have mint / very near mint discs & covers)

Removing ugly fingerprints is something else, this can be done easily ...

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 20:24 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

edwin240170 wrote:

I avoid discs with bad covers and scratched discs, I prefer to wait to get a decent copy,
It must be a very special disc if I want to defer from my rule.. (until now I only have mint / very near mint discs & covers)

Removing ugly fingerprints is something else, this can be done easily ...

Me too - I always attempt to buy near mint copies as well - I'd rather pay a bit more for a cleaner copy. The only discs that may have some scratches in my collection are promo music LDs that got into the hands of video DJs whose idea of proper storage consists of no inner sleeves or jackets!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]