It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:00

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: J-Metal music laserdiscs
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 04:20 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Pardon me, yes. "Fin du Siecle" in French. I am clearly not working at 100% efficiency today!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 17:57 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

It sometimes feels like there a near infinite supply of J-Metal titles out there still waiting to be discovered.

Minoru Niihara & Anthem:

First up Minoru Niihara solo live laserdisc. Minoru was originally from Earthshaker and later moved to become the lead singer with Loudness. As I've shown previously both those bands released many laserdiscs, however I was unaware until recently this solo release by Minoru from 1989 also existed.

Also shown is another rare title by Japanese Heavy Metal band Anthem. I believe forum member coldsleeper added the original entry to LDDB.com. At some stage when cross referencing catalogue numbers I stumbled upon his entry and subsequently added it to my wishlist but until recently had never actually seen a copy. It was released in 1987 so quite an early one. The dress sense and style is more Motley Crue circa 1983 (shout at the devil era) but it is very heavy music with an explosive start! Anthem make most US metal bands from this same era seem like pop bands. There are definitely no power ballads to be found on this one!

Back covers of same titles:

By-Sexual:

This is the final laserdisc by By-Sexual that I was missing. It's another dreaded Pony Canyon release from the early 90's - a bad period for that company who released many rotters in the early 90's. Thankfully this one plays just fine.

Laughin' Nose:

Also shown is another very early laserdisc by Japan punk band Laughin' Nose laserdisc. The band put so much energy into the performance its a miracle they can keep this up for the whole duration of the show. Great fun to watch and many interesting glimpses at the audience of punk fans which you would otherwise not get to see from the filmed angle.

Zi: Kill:

Another final release by Zi: Kill. This is the rare 2LD gatefold release of Zi: Kill: Live Rocket [KILM-33~4]. Normally I wouldn't buy a copy missing the OBI but I've never seen this before anywhere so couldn't resist purchasing it to complete my Zi: Kill collection.

Front cover:

Back cover:

Inside the gatefold:

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 18:38 
True fan
True fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Laughin' Nose:

Also shown is another very early laserdisc by Japan punk band Laughin' Nose laserdisc. The band put so much energy into the performance its a miracle they can keep this up for the whole duration of the show. Great fun to watch and many interesting glimpses at the audience of punk fans which you would otherwise not get to see from the filmed angle.

Their LDs are recorded really one of the few 1980s scenes. Though I do not have.

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3