It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:30

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hadn't tested out my Panasonic LX-H670 in awhile and!!!
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 18:05 
True fan
True fan

It actually produces a pretty good video quality but I also only tested it with one movie so far because I was too lazy to check the other one's out. It looks pretty good with Antz Ntsc release. Also, if you seen my screen capture of Antz it might look messed up on the colors because I messed with color settings in Hauppauge Pvr. Meaning I think I screw it up when I captured the film. The film itself is a gorgeous widescreen release. Also messing with the setting on my TCL 65 inch 4k tv I was able to make it look incredible and very close to the colors of the blu-ray release. Mind you I don't know what is actually accurate for the color of this movie. I definitely probably seen this movie in theaters was a kid. Back in 1998 I was getting free movie tickets by my Sister that worked at the theaters. I also ended up working at the movie theaters in 2004-2006. I forget if I worked in 2003 but I'm just going to say it was 2004-2006.

My biggest complaint about my LX-H670 is that it has issues with certain discs where it will have video and audio distortion either linked to slightly warped discs or scratched discs. I think it's scratched discs because I do notice some scratches on some of these discs. However I am unsure. With that said the LX-H670 isn't a half bad laserdisc player video quality wise. I still would rank my LX-900 over it because it reads discs better and it will not read the audio and video distortion problems that the LX-H670 will pick up on some discs. Does Pioneer have this issue with their players or is something wrong my LX-H670? Or this is the major difference between a high end player vs mid end player. Back in the day the Higher end players sold for a bit more. Almost double the price of some Mid end players.

Post subject: Re: Hadn't tested out my Panasonic LX-H670 in awhile and!!!
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 00:06 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
Does Pioneer have this issue with their players or is something wrong my LX-H670?

This is like the third time you mentioned this issue. I think it is apparent based on what has already been said that your player either needs some kind of adjustment or maybe the player has an issue w/ the laser pick-up. Might be best you research if there is an available technician where you live that can provide a diagnosis (but make sure they actually understand older technology as many of today's tech's don't seem to get it).

As for Pioneer having this issue, I'm sure its possible if the said player is in need of the same kind of service your Panasonic requires. In any case, none of my 14 working Pioneer based players have any skipping issues (even the few low end players I have as well).

jesuslovesgood wrote:
Or this is the major difference between a high end player vs mid end player. Back in the day the Higher end players sold for a bit more. Almost double the price of some Mid end players.

Not really. A low end player can play just as well as a high end unit but the difference is sound & picture quality, build quality (sometimes), and special features. However, some lower end players can have more mechanical issues over time due to the utilization of cheaper parts or just a design that is difficult to work with. Most Pioneer players I would avoid are like the LD-870, CLD-980, CLD-990, CLD-S104, etc. as their build quality is on the light side. Other low end players that I wouldn't mind re-acquring would be a Panasonic, LX-101 or Pioneer, CLD-1030. Although these were more or less featureless players, their build quality are tank like and overall very reliable.

Last edited by ldfan on 10 Feb 2022, 11:32, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 22:26 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
Does Pioneer have this issue with their players or is something wrong my LX-H670? Or this is the major difference between a high end player vs mid end player.

No.

If you have playback issues like that, your player needs servicing. The problem is I don't know of anyone left that can do Panasonic. LX-900 tracking and focus gain are adjusted automatically using a special disc which is probably rarer than Sony's. I'm not sure if tracking and focus is done the same way for the LX-H670 since I've never even seen a service manual for it.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 00:23 
True fan
True fan

cplusplus wrote:
jesuslovesgood wrote:
Does Pioneer have this issue with their players or is something wrong my LX-H670? Or this is the major difference between a high end player vs mid end player.

No.

If you have playback issues like that, your player needs servicing. The problem is I don't know of anyone left that can do Panasonic. LX-900 tracking and focus gain are adjusted automatically using a special disc which is probably rarer than Sony's. I'm not sure if tracking and focus is done the same way for the LX-H670 since I've never even seen a service manual for it.

Hey Panasonic if you are out there please help me out and i'll buy the laserdisc from you and pay shipping! Also the issue with my Panasonic LX-H670 is that it has distortion in the video and audio. It's not skipping but it's not playing discs well. Also, I really hope my LX-900 never has any issues with video or audio. So far it hasn't the only weirdo issue i've had with my LX-900 is that once in a blue moon it sometimes doesn't recognize that a disc is inside the tray. This rarely ever happens and the simple fix is just to eject the tray and put the disc back in. I don't know if my lx-h670 does this because I use my LX-900 more often. Maybe the disc isn't sitting properly in the tray. Maybe it's a common mistake. Who knows but in the past members of this forum have told me that it's just a minor issue and just ignore it. So I'm assuming maybe I just don't play the disc in properly sometimes.

I do know that my lx-h670 is struggling with discs that tend to be scratched up a bit. Like i have a couple former rental discs that have scratches on them and they are fairly deep but my lx-900 will play them but the lx-h670 will struggle to read it causing video and audio distortion. Also, funny enough my copy of Friday the 13th part 6 Jason lives is a former rental and it has no issues playing on my LX-H670. Though I didn't notice any deep scratching on the disc. So who knows how often that laserdisc was actually rented out but i do think there's rental sticker in the middle of the disc. I know laserdisc wasn't a popular format so most people probably didn't rent them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]