It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:09

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Currently searching for another player
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2022, 16:47 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I've started searching for another player, as my current one (Pioneer CLD-V2400) seems to be giving up. It'll still play a number of discs just fine, but others It'll refuse to load until I've tried several times. So I'll probably be regulating it to a back-up player.

Currently looking at 3 models on Ebay:
Pioneer Elite CLD-59 ($250 + $17.78 shipping)
Pioneer CLD-D504 ($250.00 + free shipping)
Pioneer CLD-3070 ($150.00 + $38.96 shipping)

Which one of those mentioned sounds like the best deal or most reliable player?

Post subject: Re: Currently searching for another player
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2022, 20:07 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

darthmaul26 wrote:
I've started searching for another player, as my current one (Pioneer CLD-V2400) seems to be giving up. It'll still play a number of discs just fine, but others It'll refuse to load until I've tried several times. So I'll probably be regulating it to a back-up player.

Most likely you need a new loading belt to fix your issue. Here is the one you'll need....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174686696306

darthmaul26 wrote:
Currently looking at 3 models on Ebay:
Pioneer Elite CLD-59 ($250 + $17.78 shipping)
Pioneer CLD-D504 ($250.00 + free shipping)
Pioneer CLD-3070 ($150.00 + $38.96 shipping)

Which one of those mentioned sounds like the best deal or most reliable player?

Well... first of all, none of these players will probably have a chance to show off their reliability after they get damaged during shipping. Thus, if you can find a player locally to pick-up, I would highly recommend that. Look on craiglist, Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, Goodwill's, etc.

But if I had a choice, it's either the CLD-59 or CLD-3070 as both have digital field memory for CLV special effects playback. Breaking it down further, the 59 is newer so it will have more modern features like an AC3-RF Output for Dolby Digital and Digital Video Processing for a better picture (if you like the more digital look to the pic; some don't like it). As for reliability, the 3070 is built like a tank so it would probably be more robust to take on more every day use.

The only minor issue with the 3070 right now is unfortunately a dry grease issue locking up many of the one's you find people selling these days (does the eBay post mention any mechanical issues?). You can fix this but you'll have to tear a good majority of the player apart to re-grease it but it is not easy (although C++ just posted a how to for the player so that will help.... [CLD-2070][CLD-3070][CLD-91][CLD-92] Loading Disassembly ).

For the 59, its minor issue is fragility due to the motor holder on the laser pick-up breaking very easily. So if you buy this on-line, you most likely have to replace that part. The good news is that a 3D printed replacement is readily available on-line. You can find if here....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175047713710?h ... SwAhFhqVOx

So there you have it. Hope this helps in your decision making. Best thing is to still try and find a player locally.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2022, 23:29 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Very helpful, thanks! I think I might go for the CLD-3070 listing since it's not as expensive and the seller has not mentioned any mechanical issues. It's actually a new listing and is already gaining traction with 5 watchers.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 00:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You should ask him/her about how they plan to package it. Tell them it needs to be properly packed to prevent damage as they are fragile machines (include warning labels on the box). Also, if they have the transport screw, make sure it’s in place to keep the alpha turn mechanism from rocking around.

Last edited by ldfan on 04 Jul 2022, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 01:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sort of shocked that it works to be honest, the tray especially.
Otherwise the 3070 is a bulletproof player and I love mine, I still have a boxed one that I got from Grasshopper as a backup.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 08:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yeah… definitely 3070 is a tank much like my 3030.

I have a 3070 that I won on eBay awhile back for next to nothing that has the dried grease issue. I’m eventually going to tear it apart if and when I ever get time again. Man… fatherhood is tough but I do enjoy the company of my baby boy ;)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2022, 18:36 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Buying players from eBay generally hurts the LD community. That being said, the CLD-3070 has the highest chance of surviving shipping.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]