It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:38

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: PAL disc on NTSC only player RF capture
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2022, 09:19 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hello so the other day i received a PAL laserdisc but i didn't have any working pal player for now so for fun i put the disc on an NTSC only player (CLD-R7G)
and instead of being ejected the player started to spin the disc and after like 20 second i got a garbled picture and it was playing after 10 second the player lose tracking and stop the RF signal was looking like that Image
and the picture on screen like that

i tried with another disc and with the other side of the first and no picture at all but then the signal is clean
both PAL disc where CLV

for the disc that was playing fine (without video/audio) i could decode the RF signal using LD-decode

the only issue i got is that the disc is outputting a P5 error iirc after like a minute of playback, and it stops, so it looks like it stop because it's not detecting "Valid signal"

do you have any idea how i could make the player ignore the error or what trick could be used to make it thinks the signal is correct ?

i have no service manual

and im also wondering why my player succeeded to catch a bit of video only on 1 side of a specific disc.

Post subject: Re: PAL disc on NTSC only player RF capture
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2022, 15:56 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The way the spindle is controlled in these newer players is after focus lock, the spindle is started in basically a bootstrap mode. The Digital Video Processor IC (usually marked IC500) pulls in the demodulated composite video and then uses that to control the spindle. It is expecting a NTSC signal.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]