It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kenwood LVD-700 is a clone of which Pioneer player or a Pany
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2023, 03:23 
True fan
True fan

Kenwood LVD-700

I'm sure it's a Pioneer. Pioneer had many clones correct? Panasonic's were stuff like Ruco or whatever it's called.

Post subject: Re: Kenwood LVD-700 is a clone of which Pioneer player or a
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2023, 03:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

This particular Kenwood appears to be made by Sony in my opinion w/ maybe a mixture of Samsung. It's definitely not a common chassis so getting parts to repair one would be difficult (if you were thinking of getting this).

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2023, 11:32 
True fan
True fan

ldfan wrote:
This particular Kenwood appears to be made by Sony in my opinion w/ maybe a mixture of Samsung. It's definitely not a common chassis so getting parts to repair one would be difficult (if you were thinking of getting this).

Nah, I have enough players unless something pops up like a working cld-95 or cld-97 for an affordable price preferably for a best offer so I can send it in and confirm I get it lol. My cld-3080 gives me a headache because it's picky on discs and sometimes it will read side B and other times it will not. I already opened it up and the laser is moving from one side to the other but it still has some weird issue going on with it.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2023, 00:53 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Kurtis already gave you the information you need to resolve the issue with the 3080. Go look @ the service manual here.....

https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pio ... RP1999.pdf

.... and go to page 75. Since you're not going to have the equipment needed to really fine tune the adjustment like a real technician (equipment I don't have as well), you could still take the chance and wing it. This is where the centering adjustment is located....

If you don't mind taking a chance, get a screwdriver (not sure if philips or flat head) to access that hole, play a disc on Side B (have a TV on to see the picture), and turn the screw in either direction a quarter a turn @ a time and see if the issue improves or not (make note of where you started to get it back to the original position if it doesn't work). And as you are turning the screw, you should see the picture change in respect to crosstalk interference.

I hold no responsibility for what happens so if it gets all messed up it's all on you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]