It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:23

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Someone got a steal on a Pioneer CLD-D703 ... not
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2023, 05:28 
True fan
True fan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186169909559

Now lets see if the Seller wiggles out of it. :lol: I recommended someone this player on reddit but don't know if he or she pulled the trigger. The d703 is similar to my CLD-99, correct? It's only lacking the AC3 which I don't even use because most laserdiscs don't even support AC3 or at least the ones I own don't. So that is $101 plus tax with free shipping. What is that around $110 usd? Seller is going to pay how much for shipping around 30-40 bucks? Seller didn't make anything off the player. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Someone got a steal on a Pioneer CLD-D703
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2023, 01:16 
True fan
True fan

I did better and cleaner! It will be set at factory specs. Especially the Focus and Tracking gains are critical on a aged laser and put back to spec! Yes, the composite output will be the same as the 99, 704 series of players.

CROSSTALK Adjustments can take time on these series also and that is what makes it shine.

Most of my long-term LD Diehards don't ask me on price! They just ask when can it be ready! :mrgreen:

GRASSHOPPER \../

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2024, 21:43 
First post
First post

yea, I bought it and it doesn't work. it will play about one minute of video and go into a loop playing the same scene over and over. it also will not rotate the head to the other side of the disc. not a good deal because i cannot find anyone to service it.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2024, 22:36 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

rjpete wrote:
yea, I bought it and it doesn't work. it will play about one minute of video and go into a loop playing the same scene over and over. it also will not rotate the head to the other side of the disc. not a good deal because i cannot find anyone to service it.

How much for the parts player?
LMK

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 10:44 
True fan
True fan

rjpete wrote:

Did they list it as working or untested? If they listed it as working you could have sent it back but by now it's probably way too late.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 17:10 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

jesuslovesgood wrote:
rjpete wrote:

Did they list it as working or untested? If they listed it as working you could have sent it back but by now it's probably way too late.

Not 3-4 months later.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 17:46 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

The auction specifically said no returns.

The best place for that machine now is in the hands of an LD scrapper. Mailing it back to the seller and then onto someone else will just break the poor thing even more.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2024, 09:33 
Honest fan
Honest fan

signofzeta wrote:

Most Ebay listings for old/used items say "no returns" but the Ebay "buyer guarantee" or whatever that is called (in the USA at least) will in fact allow a buyer to get their money back (and usually not have to pay for the return shipping, either). This, of course, is for items that are "significantly not as described", but if the player listing said it worked and it did not, that would definitely qualify. It would have to have been done within 30-60 days, though.

Here is one of mine: "Seller does not accept returns" but the cartridge did not work, and I returned it for a full refund. https://www.ebay.com/itm/355002160790 (You have to click "view original listing".)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2024, 15:59 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

chrisw6atv wrote:
signofzeta wrote:

Most Ebay listings for old/used items say "no returns" but the Ebay "buyer guarantee" or whatever that is called (in the USA at least) will in fact allow a buyer to get their money back (and usually not have to pay for the return shipping, either). This, of course, is for items that are "significantly not as described", but if the player listing said it worked and it did not, that would definitely qualify. It would have to have been done within 30-60 days, though.

Here is one of mine: "Seller does not accept returns" but the cartridge did not work, and I returned it for a full refund. https://www.ebay.com/itm/355002160790 (You have to click "view original listing".)

You sound like a real eBay user. The issue though is that LD players and eBay aren’t really compatible. Mailing this player is a huge risk. It’s not an SD card or a Barbie doll. The machines simply cannot physically survive the abuse noobs give while learning about LD. If it broke in transit the best thing to do would be to fix it, not mail it again and break it even more.

If anyone has seen the episode of Adventure Time with the zombie businessmen…this is what I’m reminded of.

“You’re killing the players!”
“Nonsense, the players are in our care sack and fully insured.”
“But they are smashed and broken!”
“Nonsense. They’re covered! Their physical condition is of no concern to us.”

Businessmen…as if the heart were not enough…some money changed hands, a player got smashed…surely you must understand this isn’t the way to do this. It isn’t working. Every noob needs 3-5 players mailed to him before he gets one that isn’t smashed. These negligent sellers and ignorant buyers are rapidly making LD harder to watch for people who have been into it for decades.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Post subject: Re: Someone got a steal on a Pioneer CLD-D703 ... not
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2024, 18:14 
True fan
True fan

I've ordered a total of 6 laserdisc players from Ebay and they all came in the Mail perfectly fine. So I respectfully disagree. If people are packaging them properly there should no issues.

Post subject: Re: Someone got a steal on a Pioneer CLD-D703 ... not
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2024, 18:45 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Well I didn't hear from the 703 so I guess hes a no go on selling it for parts.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]