It is currently 22 Jul 2024, 12:19




 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2021, 18:15 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 4613
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 1219 times
We have a new solution to that question:

=> 368,742 JPY or US$3,385

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h542413314

Attachment:
i-img850x572-1615690863tljzem200513.jpg
i-img850x572-1615690863tljzem200513.jpg [ 47.21 KiB | Viewed 2437 times ]

Attachment:
i-img996x863-1615690863qawlp7200513.jpg
i-img996x863-1615690863qawlp7200513.jpg [ 78.25 KiB | Viewed 2437 times ]

Attachment:
i-img909x600-1615690863wg1h4n200513.jpg
i-img909x600-1615690863wg1h4n200513.jpg [ 53.51 KiB | Viewed 2437 times ]



Julien
_________________
HARDWARE DATABASE
HLD-X0/9 LD-S9 OPPO 105/205 SL-1200G
LDD-1 MSC-4000 R2144 PONTUS II C45 MC257
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2021, 19:15 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3559
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 332 times
Lara money
_________________
Coming Soon
Derman Labs
Anything Of Substance
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2021, 01:30 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 23:14
Posts: 1199
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 259 times
That is a lot of money but how many of them are around still MIB?

Someone is going to be happy when it arrives - a user here?

Cheers :thumbup:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2021, 02:15 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 6073
Location: Ann Arbor
Has thanked: 1385 times
Been thanked: 1194 times
Seems like a perfectly fine price to me.
_________________
All about LD care, inner sleeves, shrink wrap, etc.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 14:23 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 4613
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 1219 times
Surprisingly, a full set, mint HLD-X0 sold for less:

JPY 340,000 = US$3,120

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n500057110


Julien
_________________
HARDWARE DATABASE
HLD-X0/9 LD-S9 OPPO 105/205 SL-1200G
LDD-1 MSC-4000 R2144 PONTUS II C45 MC257
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 15:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 23:14
Posts: 1199
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 259 times
That X0 is really nice.

I can but dream.

:thumbup:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 16:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2019, 18:26
Posts: 567
Location: UK
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 240 times
je280 wrote:
That X0 is really nice.

I can but dream.

:thumbup:


+1 :thumbup:
_________________
Pioneer HLD-X9/CLD-925/CLD-2950
OPPO BDP-105D Audiocom Signature
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen R2144
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 17:05 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 8139
Location: Dullaware
Has thanked: 1286 times
Been thanked: 885 times
Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?


How much is bit coin worth.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 17:17 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 4613
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 1219 times
rein-o wrote:
How much is bit coin worth.


Easy, its market price!

US$51,345 right now.

Now if you ask not for value but for intrinsic value, that's a different topic altogether.

Julien
_________________
HARDWARE DATABASE
HLD-X0/9 LD-S9 OPPO 105/205 SL-1200G
LDD-1 MSC-4000 R2144 PONTUS II C45 MC257
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2021, 23:02 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3559
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 332 times
admin wrote:
Surprisingly, a full set, mint HLD-X0 sold for less:

JPY 340,000 = US$3,120

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n500057110


Julien


Mucho dinero too
_________________
Coming Soon
Derman Labs
Anything Of Substance
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2021, 15:05 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 8139
Location: Dullaware
Has thanked: 1286 times
Been thanked: 885 times
Well its the people that have new money who are buying these players.
Nobody that I ever knew who was rich, and I mean filthy rich would ever touch such a thing.

Its all people who have gamestop or bitcoin money who are buying these still at a crazy price.

Ever go to an estate sale of a rich persons house????
Ever go to an estate sale of a poor persons house????

I have its pretty amazing the difference in stuff they own.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2021, 15:21 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 6073
Location: Ann Arbor
Has thanked: 1385 times
Been thanked: 1194 times
The player is selling for about what it cost new. Don’t let the immense depreciation of LD over the years make you forget that this stuff was always expensive. An X-0 was...what, $5500 new? I can’t remember.
_________________
All about LD care, inner sleeves, shrink wrap, etc.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2021, 16:49 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3559
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 332 times
signofzeta wrote:
The player is selling for about what it cost new. Don’t let the immense depreciation of LD over the years make you forget that this stuff was always expensive. An X-0 was...what, $5500 new? I can’t remember.


800k Yen price tag and limited to 1500 units only. I think at the time it was around $8,000. Now it’s probably more like $12-16k adjusted to inflation.

X9 was the interesting one. I remember around 2000-2002 people were importing brand new X9 in box from the Chinese movie club or Nicholas Santini for $2,000 shipped. At the time, the flagship in the US, the CLD-99 still retailed $2,200 plus taxes in the US so the imported brand new X9 for $2,000 all fees included(and no tax) was no brainer.
_________________
Coming Soon
Derman Labs
Anything Of Substance
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2021, 20:46 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 23:14
Posts: 1199
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 259 times
substance wrote:
signofzeta wrote:
The player is selling for about what it cost new. Don’t let the immense depreciation of LD over the years make you forget that this stuff was always expensive. An X-0 was...what, $5500 new? I can’t remember.


800k Yen price tag and limited to 1500 units only. I think at the time it was around $8,000. Now it’s probably more like $12-16k adjusted to inflation.

X9 was the interesting one. I remember around 2000-2002 people were importing brand new X9 in box from the Chinese movie club or Nicholas Santini for $2,000 shipped. At the time, the flagship in the US, the CLD-99 still retailed $2,200 plus taxes in the US so the imported brand new X9 for $2,000 all fees included(and no tax) was no brainer.


Interesting facts, thanks.

:thumbup:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 02:02 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 4613
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 1219 times
When you combine the power of YAJ proxy bidding war + a seller who actually took the time to test the player more than "it powers up", you get a surprise:

パイオニアハイビジョンLDプレーヤーHLD-XO動作品 綺麗!
Pioneer high-definition LD player HLD-XO working item Beautiful!
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... 1124601733

JPY 442,000 or US$2,950 at today's rate.

It doesn't even have the shipping box which, for a baby as heavy as the X0, is really a requirements for any international shipping.

Hopefully they will bubble wrap it to death.

Julien
_________________
HARDWARE DATABASE
HLD-X0/9 LD-S9 OPPO 105/205 SL-1200G
LDD-1 MSC-4000 R2144 PONTUS II C45 MC257
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How much is worth a recent HLD-X9 MIB?
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 05:52 
Honest fan
Honest fan
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 00:41
Posts: 80
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 31 times
admin wrote:
When you combine the power of YAJ proxy bidding war + a seller who actually took the time to test the player more than "it powers up", you get a surprise:

パイオニアハイビジョンLDプレーヤーHLD-XO動作品 綺麗!
Pioneer high-definition LD player HLD-XO working item Beautiful!
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... 1124601733

JPY 442,000 or US$2,950 at today's rate.

It doesn't even have the shipping box which, for a baby as heavy as the X0, is really a requirements for any international shipping.

Hopefully they will bubble wrap it to death.

Julien


If you want to kill a player in transit, wrap it in bubble wrap. If you want it to survive, pack it in foam.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: