It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:48

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: DVL-909 skipping/repeating question
PostPosted: 05 May 2013, 16:27 
A few years ago I sold off a DVL-909 player & I told the buyer that it needed serviced. What happened was it kept repeating the same 20 second scene over & over. I just bought another one because it was in state for shipping im currently testing it out but one time after a side change it did that till I pushed forward on the remote. My 919s have never done this so is this a common problem on a 909 & is it a easy fix or will it clear up on its own after using it?

Post subject: Re: DVL-909 skipping/repeating qustion
PostPosted: 05 May 2013, 20:39 
True fan
True fan

myrtle1beach wrote:
A few years ago I sold off a DVL-909 player & I told the buyer that it needed serviced. What happened was it kept repeating the same 20 second scene over & over. I just bought another one because it was in state for shipping im currently testing it out but one time after a side change it did that till I pushed forward on the remote. My 919s have never done this so is this a common problem on a 909 & is it a easy fix or will it clear up on its own after using it?

can be the gears on the pickup, and it could also be that you just need to clean and grease it up with some silicon :) my r7g which is exactly like a DVL in that way only needed some cleaning and then worked like a charm again.

PostPosted: 06 May 2013, 00:57 
Honest fan
Honest fan

myrtle1beach wrote:

I've got four of the 909s, and I've never had that happen.

je

PostPosted: 06 May 2013, 01:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It's either lubrication on the guide rod, broken tabs that holds the gears, dead spot in the motor, or the track is not clean.

PostPosted: 06 May 2013, 02:06 
Thank You im currently testing it before I put it in the stand. The player I sold wasn't used for a long time between uses I thought maybe that could've caused the problem. Ron

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]