It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:05

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: MSB LS2 Gold
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 19:04 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Anybody know this player? Is it in league with an Pioneer of the Elite Series?

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: MSB LS2 Gold
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 22:55 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

If you're talking about the MSB LS-2 (not the LS-2X Silver) it looks exactly like a Panasonic LX-900u. So it's probably based off of that (like the LS-2X is, but with a bit more under the hood--not sure what differences there are between the LX-900u and the LS-2 though.)

That makes it at least a little better than a Pioneer CLD-D704/Elite CLD-79 (from what I gather.)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011, 02:51 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The MSB player is a Panasonic LX-900U with the Video AGC correction and audio options as found in the Runco.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 19:20 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

elahrairrah wrote:
If you're talking about the MSB LS-2 (not the LS-2X Silver) it looks exactly like a Panasonic LX-900u. So it's probably based off of that (like the LS-2X is, but with a bit more under the hood--not sure what differences there are between the LX-900u and the LS-2 though.)

That makes it at least a little better than a Pioneer CLD-D704/Elite CLD-79 (from what I gather.)

Sounds like a nice piece of equipment, then. I've found a couple of these for sale during the last couple of years, but they're not exactly cheap.

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 21:50 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

These are basically the Runco unit but under the MSB name. Understand that this upgrade is for audiophile use also so you are competing with that market. High-end CD transport.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 09:38 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

krbahr wrote:
These are basically the Runco unit but under the MSB name. Understand that this upgrade is for audiophile use also so you are competing with that market. High-end CD transport.

Yes. I'm aware of this. First time I "saw" this player was in a danish audiophile-magazine with focus on its audio-qualities. It got a really good review,

It was very very expensive - far too expensive for a college-student - so it wasn't even remotely possible for me to get one back then. But I never quite did manage to forget this dream-machine.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 04:49 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

ynz wrote:
Yes. I'm aware of this. First time I "saw" this player was in a danish audiophile-magazine with focus on its audio-qualities. It got a really good review,

It was very very expensive - far too expensive for a college-student - so it wasn't even remotely possible for me to get one back then. But I never quite did manage to forget this dream-machine.

I've always wanted the other MSB model, the LS-2X Silver. It had the option of having a built in RF Demodulator.

There was this one website for a home theater company out in California that up until 2007 had a new LS-2X for sale for $2200. On several occasions I had to keep myself from pulling my credit card out and grabbing that thing! Hopefully someone gave it a good home!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 23:12 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

elahrairrah wrote:
ynz wrote:

I've always wanted the other MSB model, the LS-2X Silver. It had the option of having a built in RF Demodulator.

There was this one website for a home theater company out in California that up until 2007 had a new LS-2X for sale for $2200. On several occasions I had to keep myself from pulling my credit card out and grabbing that thing! Hopefully someone gave it a good home!

Thanks for enlightening me on the subject. Now I have to look out for two MSB-models! :clap:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 00:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

In the US there used to be a company precision laserdisc that offered a RF demodulator board that could be put inside players. I worked on a CLD-97 once that had one of these. Shortly after announcing the board they vanished. I had heard there were licensing issues including where the demodulation was to take place. I don't know for sure. The parent company for precision laserdisc is still alive in Europe as far as I know, http://www.bde.de/.

The only issue I had with the board is that it outputs AC-3 only, did not do any switching with other digital outputs. You have to use a second connection from the normal digital output to get the PCM or DTS stream.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 20:36 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Okay, looking at the MSB Laserdisc players again, I have to wonder now; here's the MSB LS-1:

Which looks almost exactly like a Runco LJR II (except with that glossy bonnet ontop and the sides):

Then there's the MSB LS-2 and Runco LJR I (which I've seen pictures of previously, but can't find pictures of them now) which both look like a Panasonic LX-900u:

Those are all supposed to be the same player, the LX-900u, but with some tweaks under the hood. That much we know for sure.

Now, I looked at the MSB LS-2X Silver again . . .

. . . which I always thought was an LX-900u like the others--until now. Here's the Panasonic LX-H670:

Looks like the same player to me save for those buttons in the glass section on the face the H670. So I'm beginning to think that the LS-2X isn't an LX-900u like I was lead to believe. Or did MSB just use the shell/face of the H670 for the LS-2X but with the innards of the 900u?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 21:10 
Nice detective work, I'm curious as well.

Post subject: magic_80s also known as laserdisc_temple
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 04:51 
magic_80s is now selling the unit msb ls1 for 800 gbpounds on ebay. this is the same unit that I paid 450 gbpounds for that did not arrive in the mail, that magic_80s did not refund monies for. his tracking number was invalid etc
beware magic_80s

Post subject: Re: MSB LS2 Gold beware magic_80s
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 05:31 
magic_80s is cararte or laserdisc_cinema or mv_cinema
these have all been the same ebay account under different ebay user id names
you should google cararte or laserdisc_cinema or mv_cinema
and see what you find

beware magic_80s

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 02:53 
the msb ls-1 is only based on the low end panasonic 600 machine

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]