It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:20

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mitsubishi M-V7057
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 00:35 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Hello,
I just got a Mitsubishi M-V7057 to replace my Pioneer CLD-D704 that quit playing discs. So far this player appears to be outperforming my old D704 in video performance. I haven't heard much about the M-V7057 in the forum. So far the only infrmation I have is from the Laserdisc UK Webiste (http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_m-v7057/mitsubishi_mv7057.htm). Anyone have any personal experience with the player that would like to comment on pros and cons?

Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi M-V7057
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 02:47 
True fan
True fan

bradley.lusk wrote:
Hello,
I just got a Mitsubishi M-V7057 to replace my Pioneer CLD-D704 that quit playing discs. So far this player appears to be outperforming my old D704 in video performance. I haven't heard much about the M-V7057 in the forum. So far the only infrmation I have is from the Laserdisc UK Webiste (http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_m-v7057/mitsubishi_mv7057.htm). Anyone have any personal experience with the player that would like to comment on pros and cons?

According to Josh Zyber (http://www.mindspring.com/~laserguru/askjosh.htm#hardware), the M-V7057 and CLD-D704 are the same player:

Quote:
Pioneer CLD-D704 / Mitsubishi M-V7057. The CLD-D704 was the best non-Elite player from Pioneer. It is essentially a D703 with the addition of an RF-output. The Mitsubishi M-V7057 is the exact same player with a different nameplate. Pioneer was in the habit of selling off many of their electronics to other manufacturers, who would then rebadge them and send them to market. The Mitsubishi may be found cheaper these days, since the brand name is less renowned than Pioneer when it comes to laserdisc players. One important thing to note about both of these players, as well as the D703, is that the build quality is not as sturdy as the Elite class. I had to endure much grief with an M-V7057 since the simple act of shipping it from one location to another caused the disc drawer to get knocked out of whack and the laser assembly to fall seriously out of alignment (Federal Express later trashed the machine beyond repair in their effort to "inspect" the damage, but that's another story). All precautions should be taken before buying a used model or having one shipped to you.

TLK :cool:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 03:13 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i've heard that the CLD-D7xx line would not be aligned properly from Pioneer when bought new.
can someone else comment on that one.

that could be why you notice a difference??????

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 04:02 
Yes, it's a rebadged 704. If there's a marked difference in PQ I would think something was wrong with the 704 as they should look the same...

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 15:27 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I had one that was damaged in transit. Apparently Josh Zyber was right about it not being as sturdily built as the Pioneer.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 15:44 
elahrairrah wrote:
I had one that was damaged in transit. Apparently Josh Zyber was right about it not being as sturdily built as the Pioneer.

Not true. The only difference is the width of the top cover and front panel. The Mits is wider due to spacer rails mounted to the pioneer chassis. Otherwise same mechanics, no difference.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 20:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

ldservice wrote:
elahrairrah wrote:

Not true. The only difference is the width of the top cover and front panel. The Mits is wider due to spacer rails mounted to the pioneer chassis. Otherwise same mechanics, no difference.

The european Denon LA-2700 also has the spacer rails. Looks identical to a cld-d925 only a bit wider. The strange thing about the denon la-2700 is that it's a cld-d515 on the inside!
I fitted all cld-d925 components in my denon la-2700 body ! Now it has all features required to play back dts or ac-3 discs. + s video out!
When I opened up the denon player at first. I was :o mhhh... :wtf: Denon? what happened?
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 02:07 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

As Duncan states the 7057 is a stock CLD-D704 with rails to make it a little wider and a wider front face. No strength differences or electronic differences. I've worked on many players and this even includes the Elites and not all are factory adjusted equal. I've returned many players and people are surprised how much better the same player looks after proper alignments.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 02:35 
So true. When I serviced players under warranty I never found one that couldn't be improved over the "out of the box" alignment.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 01:23 
True fan
True fan

I just noticed this thread, I know it's been a while. Anyway, I own the Mits in question. And have for a few years. Yes the pq is excellent . Definitely equal to the 704. I haven't found anything to complain about. My only minor issue is that the tray seems to be made of a harder type plastic that can have a "plasticky" sound when opening.

Cosmetically the unit is superior to the 704 in my opinion. I love Pioneer but I never liked their yellow illuminated display panels (they did mix it up on some mostly later models).The Mits has a very nice looking white lite panel with red indicators (digital sound, arrows and more). The front control panel design is layed out nice too. The remote is decent. Of course the op knows this already ( I hope). On my player when you press pause the image becomes non visible on screen, but when you press it again it resumes where you left off. The instruction manual is probably one of the best written ones I've ever seen. There is actually some small amount of humor in it as well.
A great player and you can sometimes save some money being that everyone does not know its a 704 that sells for more.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 00:50 
First post
First post

elahrairrah wrote:

Same here. I bought one, had it shipped, and it didn't work. I took it to a Mitsubishi repair shop, and they said it needed a new board for more than $200. Months passed and they couldn't get a part.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 07:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

drewling wrote:

Same here. I bought one, had it shipped, and it didn't work. I took it to a Mitsubishi repair shop, and they said it needed a new board for more than $200. Months passed and they couldn't get a part.

Number one rule I adhere to regarding LaserDisc player purchases; never buy them on-line if you can avoid it. Especially w/ auto reverse units, they do not travel well and almost always get damaged.

Now regarding your player and what the repair shop said, I might treat that assessment w/ a grain of salt. Most shops to me can be lazy about assessing a repair if they have no real interest working on it. Thus, simply saying it's an expensive board is an easy excuse to say we can't help you (and let me add that a Mitsubishi shop would have no idea in my opinion about fixing a product that is actually made by Pioneer; better to find a shop that specializes in LD). In addition, when a player does get damaged in shipping, it's very rare that it's a board related issue since it's about the mechanics of the machine that get affected the most.

Can you tell us what problem you were having with your player?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]