It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:52

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: I gave my CLD-59 a Test Mode button.
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 18:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

jgdragov wrote:
tasuke wrote:
nothing at all quite like owning/using the original remote though, if one can possibly help it...

For aesthetics I'd agree, but given the cost of an original(over $100 on ReplacementRemotes)and the added features of the service remote, this was the device for me. :thumbup:

here's something that appears at least supeficially similar to the 59's original, for dirt cheap;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-CU-CLD0 ... SwAuZX68Ry

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2016, 22:45 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I would agree it's nice to have a Pioneer remote to go along with a Pioneer player, but this one gives you more bang for your buck and still has more features.

http://www.replacementremotes.com/ander ... te-control

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 16:52 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I had a question about the 59 when in test mode:

Has anyone tried playing a PAL LD while their NTSC player is in test mode? I"m curious if this would result in playback of the PAL disc. :think: I'm looking at some PAL discs but would really have no use for them, other than as collectibles, if they couldn't be played on my unit.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 19:55 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It depends on the player (V2800 can so I presume a 59 could too) - but when it does, it doesn't do a very good job at all, sync signals are all wrong and it tries to play at 30fps so digital audio doesn't work well.

(It's good enough for a raw RF capture, though... ;) )

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2020, 14:12 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just ordered a DiscoVision title "The Coyote's Lament". It'll be around tomorrow or so.

But I'm curious...I have a CLD-D505, and it might not work with DiscoVision titles.

I've read somewhere that one way to get into test mode would be to hold the DISPLAY button on the remote while powering on the player. Not that I tested that method yet. But when going into test mode, it should be able to play DiscoVision titles.

I've also read that "The Coyote's Lament" must be a better Disney DiscoVision title than all the other Disney DiscoVision titles, because it was transferred from videotape instead of film.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2020, 16:29 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

lonerangerface wrote:
I just ordered a DiscoVision title "The Coyote's Lament". It'll be around tomorrow or so.

But I'm curious...I have a CLD-D505, and it might not work with DiscoVision titles.

I've read somewhere that one way to get into test mode would be to hold the DISPLAY button on the remote while powering on the player. Not that I tested that method yet. But when going into test mode, it should be able to play DiscoVision titles.

I've also read that "The Coyote's Lament" must be a better Disney DiscoVision title than all the other Disney DiscoVision titles, because it was transferred from videotape instead of film.

If the disc plays your 505 should have no problem playing it.
I own it, haven't watched it in years, should spin it up again.
Great disc, no idea if its from video but my guess is the age that it was transferred from film to an early type of videotape then
to ?telecine.

Don't know as much as others about the tech area but I do know what a good disc looks like and thats one of them
considering its very early disney.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2020, 20:56 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
lonerangerface wrote:

If the disc plays your 505 should have no problem playing it.
I own it, haven't watched it in years, should spin it up again.
Great disc, no idea if its from video but my guess is the age that it was transferred from film to an early type of videotape then
to ?telecine.

Don't know as much as others about the tech area but I do know what a good disc looks like and thats one of them
considering its very early disney.

Well, I hope so. Pity they never reissued that anthology episode, besides releasing it on CED, vol. 2 of Disney's Cartoon Parade (with "At Home at Donald Duck", another DiscoVision title) And I should know, CED didn't last as long as LDs did. Much more prone to skipping and some junk.

I mean, I'm glad they didn't put "The Raccoons: Let's Dance!" on CED.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 02:08 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Anyone know if a Test Remote is available in the Logitech Harmony database, and how you might search for it to add to a remote? I have no real need/application, just curious after stumbling across this thread...

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 02:55 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I use an Anderic RMC12010 as my service remote.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 15:57 
Serious fan
Serious fan

shopkins82 wrote:
Anyone know if a Test Remote is available in the Logitech Harmony database, and how you might search for it to add to a remote? I have no real need/application, just curious after stumbling across this thread...

I was able to find the GGF1381 by searching for Pioneer GGF or something like that.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2020, 08:19 
Serious fan
Serious fan

jd213 wrote:
shopkins82 wrote:

I was able to find the GGF1381 by searching for Pioneer GGF or something like that.

Cool... good to know for anyone with a Harmony remote!

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2