It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:38

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Do you prefer the LX-900 or the LX-H670? Ever owned both?
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 06:10 
True fan
True fan

Edit: I changed my mind lx-900 blows the lx-h670 out the water. The lx-h670 is not good for capturing because it struggles to read certain discs at times. The audio and visual interference is obnoxious to me. I made a mistake and just tried to capture one of my ld's with it. I should have stuck with capturing with my lx-900 that will read through these same discs and auto correct any issues on these discs.

So I've had my lx-900 for about over a month now and I think I prefer my lx-h670 in some ways. There's pros and cons to both of these players. So I will list them. Oh, I don't see a poll option for which one is better. I think most people will pick the lx-900 as better but hear me out first.

LX-900 Pros:
Better overall visuals and almost looks close to dvd quality in my opinion on almost ever film print.
I love the fast forward and rewind feature on this player.
It beats my lx-h670 because it actually reads the discs properly or has some kind of interference correction built into it. That is such an important feature or maybe the laser is doo doo on my lx-h670 and Is dying.

LX-900 Cons:
A big con for me and a reason I don't know if I should be capturing with it. I almost think capturing with the lx-h670 might be a better option because for some odd reason it cuts 10 or 5 percent of the right screen off. Why does it do this? Is it some type of defect? People consider this player a high end player and while it does have a visual quality improvement over little brother LX-H670 it still annoys me that it cuts off part of the right side of the screen.

LX-H670 Pros:
Picture quality isn't half bad but sometimes it matters which laserdisc because of having issues with certain red colors.
It doesn't cut of any part of the screen that I notice. I Still don't know why it's bigger brother does that but must be some weird defect that Panasonic ignored unless the reason the lx-900 does it is to produce better visual overall.

LX-H670 Cons:
Doesn't fast forward and rewind as nicely. It looks like a vhs tape scrambling and sometimes it will cut off entirely so you can't even see the image at all for a brief second. That's not even the biggest con I have tho. The biggest con is it feels like this player or specifically the LX-H670 I own has issues reading some discs and will read some discs with visual and audio issues. Most discs will play flawlessly tho especially if a Seller is honest to me and tells me that the disc plays fine in their player. I'd imagine most sellers probably have mid-range to lower-range players similar to the LX-H670

Overall they seem to be great players even with their cons. I have 0 experience with Pioneer, Sony, Samsung, Philips, or other ld players. So I can't give my personal experience with any of those. I know some of you have owned both the LX-H670 and LX-900 at one time. I'd imagine that for Pioneer it's probably the same where players are a mixed bag. I want to create a poll for this topic to see which most of you prefer but I guess that wouldn't make much sense since some of you may have only owned Pioneer or another brand. I do believe Panasonic is the second biggest ld player after Pioneer since they still seem to sell a decent amount of them online. Which means I guess the Panasonic Players were built to last. I guess there could be a case all ld players were built to last as long as people take care of them and don't toss them around like a rag doll. They probably weight between 17-24 pounds depending on the ld player.

Post subject: Re: Do you prefer the LX-900 or the LX-H670? Ever owned both
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 00:12 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I haven't limited Panasonic experience, but I would go with the LX-900 just because of the few ultra high-end models that use it.

jesuslovesgood wrote:
I do believe Panasonic is the second biggest ld player after Pioneer since they still seem to sell a decent amount of them online.

I think Sony might be the second biggest, but it sounds like Panasonic is the second best.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 00:39 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

If you only had one of these players would that make you happy????
You think the 900 is the better of the two but if you only ever had the 670 would you be happy with it????

Thats really all that matters, if the player makes you happy.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2021, 15:25 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I have an LX-900 along with the upgraded version of it in the Runco LJR II (also had an LJR I at one point too), but I've never seen an LX-H670 in action.

I will say that I found it odd that when MSB made their LS-2X Silver LD player with the built-in RF Demodulator, they apparently used the LX-H670 for it.

MSB LS-2X Silver

MSB, by the way, were the ones who modified the LX-900 into the LJR I and II for Runco. So it's possible they tweaked the picture on the LX-H670 for the LS-2X Silver.

Unfortunately, I've only ever seen an LS-2X Silver for sale once off of a home theater installation service back in the early 2000s, nor have I ever from anyone who's owned one.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]