It is currently 07 May 2024, 20:16

Page 3 of 22 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Home Theater equipment list
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 22:03 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

yazorin wrote:
invenio wrote:
Next time your in the southeastern New Hampshire area give me a buzz... I think a demo can be arranged for a fellow lddb member! :)

i go to nh once in a while, i got some freinds up there, maybe i could stop by some day

Would be cool. Always nice to meet people who are interested in laserdiscs (or even know what one is!). :)

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 13:07 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

The 3rd The Puck its Pucker Time sub transducer as turned up today to rumble vibrate a 3rd cinema seat!

Packing is 100% I like decent ebay sellers that don’t muck customers around and the packing is soundly done. :thumbup:

Time to install it! Did you know ”Time” is a very common used word!
Superman the Movie (1978) original DOLBY STEREO 35mm scope version was the first disc to be used for the 3rd Puck test! Sorry bluray dts hd master audio you’ll have to take a back seat and wait your turn!

A little few strips of double sided tape placed on the Puck and simply stuck to the underside of the cinema seat bucket! Wow real cinema seats rock!
I have tested each seat and still have some further tests with spot sine wave low frequency tones from the lowest below 20Hz to highest cut off limit. Also have to make sure the LCRS sub bass extension from the other JBL sub doesn’t overwhelm and same goes with the Puck both have to work seamlessly.

Other tracks played from VHS Hi-Fi stereo to DVD was Madonna Immaculate Collection "Oh Father" nice low beat and deep feeling emotional song.

I’ll have to look for Laserdisc version with PCM as the Hi-Fi track is a bit noisy on the soft levels which is type of (low frequency clicking). Once the musical instruments rise above the noise all is sounding well.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 02:26 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserbite34-

Looks like all the equipment is coming together nicely. Tell me, do you plan to do some.... "cosmetic" work on the room. Looks like it's very functional, typical man-cave but the chicks are not going to dig the wires, exposed wood beams, etc... :)

Keep up the good work though, it just keeps getting better and better!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 14:32 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I don’t plan any new cosmetic and room decoration is purely “cosmetic”. I have ideas for the a corner wooden barrier to go around the room with simple LED rope light for colour mood change.

The baffle wall at the front well I could have redone that weeks ago plasterboard is cheap its not a big deal only the shape and angles of tilt for the JBL control 12SR makes it a pain in the a$$ to figure out they are damn heavy and if fell over its going to hurt! So I have to figure something out and the base platform wasn’t designed to take the weight of the 12SR it was made for the Control 5, but as you can see its soundly holding them up.

The floor is holding me back this should have been done a long time ago and its the only thing that is keeping the whole “man cave” as you put from going any further at present time. It is functional and very up and ready but still a few more loudspeakers and a few more audio racks are needed as well as new amplifiers, and more 1/3 octave EQ's

I’m just trilled with the little mini bass shakers for the price, they do a nice little job at vibrating the seats lows some lows travel up the back of the seat and some vibrate the seat bucket and I wasn’t expecting that I was sceptical at first if the things would work at all.

Cables is a simple thing to hide in cable trunking its not a big deal its 15 min job.

For the seating I have seen mini LED lighting that is so tiny and I have few ideas to place some underneath the armrests so it beams down some coloured light, but that is way, way forwards down the road.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 09:00 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Pioneer Kuro 6090.
Lexicon MC12B V.5 2009 RM EQ.
Lexicon LX 7 Amp.
Denon AVC A1SE.
Sony SACD 9000es.
Sony CDP XA50ES CD player.
Sony MDSJA50es & MDSJA30es minidisc players.
Sony DAB ST-D 777es.
Oppo 105D 3D / 4K Upscaling Blu-Ray multi region ed player
Pioneer DVL-909 (waiting for funds to upgrade the internal Video cable.)
Pioneer DVL-919.
Pioneer CLD-925.
Pioneer Elite DVL-91 X2 of.
Pioneer Elite CLD-97.
Pioneer CLD-99 X2.
Pioneer Muse HLD X9.
Pioneer Muse HLD X0 & MUSE DECODER to be added after the purchase of my last main LD disc order 2015
Pioneer Elite DV-09.
Pioneer DV-38A DVD Player.
Pioneer DV-47Ai DVD Player.
Denon 3930 Upscaling DVD SACD fully upgraded.
Toshiba XA2 HD DVD Player.
Pioneer BDP LX-91 Blu-Ray Player.
Headphones: Sennheiser HD600Kimber Kable/HD650Kimber Kable / HD800'S
Headphone Amps from: Graham Slee Solo reference. / MING - DA Valve amp.
Meridian 517 RF-Demodulator x 2 of.
Lexicon LDD1 RF-Demodulator.
Kenwood 991 RF-Demodulator x 2 of.
Pioneer RFD-1 RF-Demodulator.
WireWorld Silver 1.5Metre Digital Coax x 2.
WireWorld Silver Starlight HDMI 2 metre.
WireWorld Silver Starlight HDMI 9 Metre.
WireWorld Silver Starlight DVI 9 Metre.
WireWorld Reference 280 strand Fiber Optic cable with polished ends x 4 of.
WireWorld 5.1 Analogue Cable 2 Metre x 2.
WireWorld Silver Starlight Digital Coax 1.5 Metre x 4 of.
WireWorld Nova Component RGB 9 Metre.
Chord HDMI 2 Metre.
Bespoke Support Stands from ''HiFi Racks LTD'' 2 x single width and 1 x double width, by 4 shelves high. (also will have LED Light strips fitted under each shelf after the racks are in position.)
Bose Acoustimass 15 Series 111 6.1 x 2 systems of (bedroom & Main living room.)

All of the above when finished will be the result of 14 + years work. . . . . .

Last edited by benmbe on 04 Oct 2015, 22:12, edited 6 times in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:11 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

That's a lot of equipment! I can hardly imagine being able to use it all, much less doing so. I mean, I've got quite a bit of eccentric & unusual equipment (1" C-Format broadcast VTRs, anyone?), & I can understand the desire to have multiple systems & backup equipment, but ten LD players & six AC-3 demodulators? I fear it passes my understanding.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:59 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

benmbe-
That's an incredible list of LD players. Do you use most of them or are you collecting them for the "collections sake"? Seems like a lot of LD players, maybe good to keep them to use for parts if one breaks down. Very cool, congrats on the great collection.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 01:21 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

:o Say benmbe that is a lot and few MUSE players! You got enough there to sink a battleship many times over!

You wouldn’t be willing to sale one of the (Kenwood 991 RF-Demodulator) for a cheap price I could use one to get my Pioneer DLV-909 up and running in DOLBY DIGITAL but if you don’t want to sale it I understand.

(Lexicon MC12B V.5 2009 RM EQ) that’s a rather old model but let me see if I understand the “2009” is that something to do with a firmware or other type of updating its internal operation?

The rear view of it looks nice with XLR ouputs. :thumbup:

And since Dolby TrueHD 7.1 was released a few more years down the road its RCA phone ready so a simple Bluray player with built in decoders DOLBY/dts 8channel can be rigged to the AVP from the players 8channel RCA outputs saving you a few hundred on new AVR/AVP.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 08:46 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good morning Laserbite, Invenio, & Publius.

Good to read your comment's
Publius you are right about the over amount of spare backup, multiple systems & RF-Demodulators.
My answer to which are as follows; Most of my LD equipment was purchased because I was smitten ''as it were'' by the Laserdisc format, when I got into Audio Visual in April 1998.
When I noticed the Pioneer Elite brand and how beautifully made and finished they were, I thought I had to have them.
Most of my equipment has been in boxes for many years ''due mostly of the fact'' that I was living I a rabbit hutch of a room for 14+ years, whilst waiting for my first home . . . . . . IT WAS VERY TOUGH GUY'S!
I haven't been able to test any of the AC3 RF-Demodulators yet so once I know they all work, then I will be happy.
April of 2008 I finally moved into a new build home and a very emotional time it was for myself.

Since then I have been working very! very! hard at getting my home carpeted, furnished and decorated, May this year I was finally able to get the main living room and kitchen Decorated with speaker cable for the Bose system fitted correctly behind the Coving, wall papered and painted the rest of the walls and scirting, Filled in all settling cracks with builders chalk, plus I purchased two oak radiator covers to finish the room off nicely.

My work situation has been very changable and so has made things very unsteady up to about 2+ weeks ago.
I now have a regular permanent job of which is close to home, so I am now walking to and from work, saving on petrol and also keeping me healthy.

I have a close friend who has waited very patiently for my car service bill to be paid. (it's taken over a year now to complete due to unforseen job insecurity.)
I shall now be focussing on this and then I shall continue, to pay for the rest of my HiFi support stands that are currently reserved with a trusted retailer.

After the Equipment Support Stands are purchased, I will finally take all of my equipment out of their boxes ''weather I use them or not.'' I have a Pioneer service engineer who lives close by, so will speak to him about servicing and upgrading my DVL-909, plus order spare belts for the other players. (just in case)

Laserbite's Question,
(Lexicon MC12B V.5 2009 RM EQ) that’s a rather old model but let me see if I understand the “2009” is that something to do with a firmware or other type of updating its internal operation?
It's a firmware upgrade for PRO-LOGIC, DD, DTS 24/96 ect, and internal hardware for the room EQ, ''4 AKG Mics not included'' of which I will either purchase or hire out when the time comes.

Laserbite's 2nd Question.
You wouldn’t be willing to sale one of the (Kenwood 991 RF-Demodulator) for a cheap price I could use one to get my Pioneer DLV-909 up and running.

Keep in touch it's not going anywhere, so I shall let you know.
Send me a PM to let me know where you live, I may even drive and deliver personally.
I just want to get the equipment on the stands, and then have a sort out of what's staying and what's going.

I wasn't at all happy when the HD version came out, whilst I was paying for the MC12B & LX7 Amp.
I say paying for because, the Retailer kept hold of this equipment in their store room until I paid for it as I didn't want any finance.
I haggled with the retailer to reduced the price, of which they did by a £1000's.
This purchase took myself over 4 years to complete and is still in boxes due to the lack of funds and Equipment stands to place them on. . . . I HAVE LEARNED WITH FRUSTRATION AND EMOTIONAL PAIN TO BE EXTREAMLY PATIENT IN ALL OF THIS :)

I shall be connecting the 5.1 outputs of the MC12B processor to my analogue inputs on my Pioneer LX-91 player, and use it's onboard Sound Decoders ''it's not perfect guys I know'' but will have to do.
As long as I am happy then that's the main thing. . . . . .I am sure you all understand, all things considered.
I am hoping the Lexicons Logic 7 will do a good job of the sound.

Some of my equipment I shall be giving to a close friend who I havn't seen for 11+ years, he lost everything AV wise way back, and has gone through much suffering and many trials. not least a nervous breakdown.
My friend is trying to move from Manchester to Reading in Berkshire, he has been a trusted and loyal friend, we both keep in touch most days of the week by mobile and text. . . . He deserves a break.

You guys have been where Iv'e been with your own trials and struggle's in life i'm sure, and so on, Yes I have many players but apart from my Faith, work, and a number of good friends, I keep myself to myself and watch every penny just trying to get by.

I find great pleasure in the simple things in life like good company, Genuine friends that look out in every way for each other and not least good conversation.

Thankyou again for your comments and shall look forward to corresponding further with yourselves at some stage.

All the best and take good care of yourselves.

:)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:50 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

benmbe

Well I think most of here have all lived in rabbit hatches in the past LOL and got pay that landlady on time or we might do sexual :o favours for her, standing next to lamppost. :mrgreen:

Well no need to drive miles when postal is cheaper if you can, find some time to testing and give it an honest price because ether one shows up on ebay at decent price, and yeah not sure what you paid for them some nutty going prices out there on ebay these days.

I guess Lexicon thought it though to making the product secure for future needs. I also noticed its 10 XLR outputs two stereo subs I guess and LFE.1 located in middle with extra subs L/R mounted each side of LFE.1 sub? Not sure what the AUX is for is, it for extra stereo fronts or for surround use?

Glad you managed to get the price reduce its a bit steep for some items that have no real use in home. Same with cinema now they’re throwing out all the common 35mm and rarer 35/70mm projectors that will end up on ebay and I saw Cinemeccanica Victoria 5 going for £800.00 and new some 20 years ago was £30grand.

So don’t you believe in buying off ebay there are some cheap working bargains once in while!
I have an Yamaha with stereo 7 and it sucks! The dts Neo 7 is not bad for DOLBY 424 mixes it reduces some crosstalk that is head on the centre with left/right front sound imaging but it is not perfect it is a bit flawed.

Its like C-S 5.01 on my other AVR its not true 5.1 and to call it 5.1 is joke, you can’t get true discrete stereo surrounds that carry information that is identical to the 6track discrete version. It’s gimmick a good gimmick but still a gimmick.

So don’t be disappointed when listening between DOLBY / logic7 and what ever else is on the AVP, you’ll catch on.

So with your troubles like I’m sure we all have problems here I’ve got a bed room that looks like Steptoe’s Back garden cinema seats boxes clattering the floor CRT TV sets and more boxes!! SIGH Nope I’m a compulsive hoarder I just have no space in store cupboard and I like to keep boxes of some items in case I want to sale the item one day and original boxes is nice.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 16:04 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

i finally got one of my freinds to take pics of my setup for me haha

heres the room, kinda messy right now

heres my stand, i got a 2007 sharp 27" CRT a ps2 a sharp vcr a memorex dvd player a cld 1080 laserdisc player and a vsx d711 receiver

heres a home made center speaker me and my buddy made lol

Post subject: Dolby Stereo CP45
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 22:51 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I brought a Dolby CP45 cinema processor that arrived last week Saturday, which is since been disconnected from the audio input/output leads until I get a Dolby cat-515 to transformer the mono surrounds into stereo via a small preamplifier that is attached to the CP45.

I’ve had weeks listening to it to see what I can do with it and had it running with a Pioneer DVD player and Pioneer laserdisc player with analogue panned and scanned PAL version STAR WARS (1977) in (Format 04) DOLBY STEREO A-type, which worked though projector 1 input.

I’ve had non-sync working also in DOLBY STEREO as there jumper plugs inside that can be switched around.

It has 2/3 octave EQ for LCR and simple EQ for surrounds L/R bass middle high and high range.
Getting the levels to sound, okay with, projector 1 input as I had to trim the input levels down so that it won’t overload the A/SR type. There are pair of green LED for L/R that have to be centred for DOLBY level with 1KHz sine wave, or reducing the level down lot further so that the output to input levels won’t distort the noise reduction module.

I had (Format 61 AUX) running with LCR sub and one surround as I don’t have the cat-515 yet. The CP45 handled the levels okay providing I keep input within limits.

Dolby SR worked okay on mono DVD-RW recoding of an off air STAR TREK broadcast off BBC2 (1986) son of the rerun! There was hiss due to been, recoded on mono Hitachi VCR that had DOLBY NR B-type I think I can’t recall if I used B-Type when recoding the show years ago? Well the DOLBY SR knocked down the hiss while keeping the rest of the sound audible.

There is also an academy mono mode that I like when playing favourite mono films I tried it on The Andromeda Strain (1971) worked nicely thou I would prefer a 70mm 6track mag version on DVD/bluray with the original 5-screen front mix and single mono surround.

I have to re-wire the whole system at some point with cable ties once I get a second rack installed as its bit of birds nest at the back! I tired up a portion of the cables that was dangling on the floor and power points managed to fit them inside the rack rather than at the back of the rack where it was in the way of wheels on the rack.

Last edited by laserbite34 on 03 Mar 2012, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 00:16 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

yazorin-
Nice going with making your own speakers. That's some real hard stuff to do on your own. By the way, what's that big remote on the bottom left of your first picture?

laserbite34-
That is some crazy cabling going on over there. I don't know whether they deliver to the UK or not, but you may want to check out a website called monoprice.com. They offer a lot of cable management accessories for relatively little money. So basically our using that dolby processor for mono sources?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 00:24 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

invenio wrote:
By the way, what's that big remote on the bottom left of your first picture?

Looks to me like the "Level 1" wireless remote from a Pioneer LD-V8000 industrial player.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 02:05 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

publius wrote:
invenio wrote:

Looks to me like the "Level 1" wireless remote from a Pioneer LD-V8000 industrial player.

yup, the big brick remote

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 02:08 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

and laserbite your rack is impressive, i just hope it doesnt ever fall over, be carefull when you invite freinds over, make sure there not the clumsy types!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 02:10 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

yazorin wrote:
publius wrote:
invenio wrote:

yup, the big brick remote

Nice.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 11:42 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

invenio wrote:
yazorin-
laserbite34-
That is some crazy cabling going on over there. I don't know whether they deliver to the UK or not, but you may want to check out a website called monoprice.com. They offer a lot of cable management accessories for relatively little money. So basically our using that dolby processor for mono sources?

Cabling issues is the one thing I like to get cleaned up with this. I’ve heard of “monoprice” also there’s eBay for comparing prices as “it pays to shop around”.

The system runs but once I have another rack in place I can then decide what item shall be placed where and then (scratch my head) to figure out what cables need to be short and long. It would be cheaper to buy the cable and connectors and make the leads up, and yes that would take days rather than buying ones pre-made, which might cost more and I might not want long cables between short connections.

The Dolby processor was used with projector 1 input where it passes though the NR reduction card and then though the decoder. On format 04 / 05

I can bypass the Dolby NR A/SR and simply go though (format 60) non-sync and use the Dolby matrix decoder.

Or I can use (format 61 AUX) and use the decoder as 6channel discrete with a Dolby DA20 which I don’t have or any other source my AVR or the RCA outputs from a bluray/DVD player that supports 6channel RCA.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 11:50 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

yazorin wrote:
and laserbite your rack is impressive, i just hope it doesnt ever fall over, be carefull when you invite freinds over, make sure there not the clumsy types!

I’m umm, :o gobsmacked at the design of your, diy centre channel is it sealed or ported?
As for the rack. No one but me touches it. Friends, they just come around and sit!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 15:08 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserbite34 wrote:
yazorin wrote:

I’m umm, :o gobsmacked at the design of your, diy centre channel is it sealed or ported?
As for the rack. No one but me touches it. Friends, they just come around and sit!

its sealed, it actually sounds really crisp!

Page 3 of 22 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next