It is currently 22 Jul 2019, 21:41




 Page 16 of 16 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 13:55 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 02:41
Posts: 765
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 29 times
rein-o wrote:
I picked up a eurotrax CD a few months ago.
Totally love this stuff.

Are these tracks only on single discs? I'll do a search later on discogs.

No idea, I picked up the singles because that way I have a better chance of getting the mix I actually like. There are a few I want though that only seem to exist on vinyl single so the only way to get them on a CD is one of those compilation releases.

It's just a shame that the music videos for this stuff are almost impossible to get on home video, in any format. Even the video for the Laurel & Hardy one that I found on youtube seems to be cut out of some kind of a magazine show as it has segues from and to other videos right at the beginning and end.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 14:49 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5639
Location: United States
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 101 times
Yeah, I see that video on posted on discogs.
Did a search on discogs and don't see either of those tracks on any other than the single CD or Vinyl.
As fun as they are I can't have a whole wall of CD singles, I don't mind getting those compilations.

Wonder if they were ever on those Magic Sound of Deep? they do have that time period and that's what reminded me of them.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 21:46 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 May 2016, 06:38
Posts: 1342
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 43 times
xtempo wrote:
Sweet Cheap TV so I can hook it up when I get my editing stuff together
Image


nice, looks like you might have a good Weird Sceince scenario happening pretty soon there 8-)
_________________
Sony MDP-650, Sony MDP-355GX, Sony KVHR M36, DVDO VP-50
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 22:16 
Honest fan
Honest fan
User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 21:57
Posts: 112
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Got an excellent Bell and Howell Filmosound 302e 16mm projector at on on site estate auction. A high end unit that cost like $800 in 1957, like $6000 or something in today's dollars, it has a extra powerful hifi tube amp with the super rare magnetic sound option (with recording). Not many pics online, probably not many sold at the $$$ new, pic I found below shows the magnetic head lever.

It's very well made - the whole thing is solid, solid metal with "oil cap" bearings that will never wear out (they later went to sealed bearings, these you oil like an old steam locomotive). The lamphouse, the vertical finned structure, feels like the cylinder of a motorcycle engine. It's sad to see that B&H is reduced these days to nothing more than a name for cheap plastic garbage - quite the fall from the days of heroic cine equipment like the filmo 16mm cameras and PJs like this. It's also sad to see how many of these get cannibalized into homebrew guitar amps, rather than fulfilling the mission they were intended for - another indication of this beast being the top of the line is the pictured transformer which the lesser models lacked.

Very dusty, but when it's cleaned up it will go nicely in my 16mm stable next it it's 1940s Filmosound brethren and a later 70s-80s one. Got a box of home movies with it on low fade Kodachrome too.

I managed to get several episodes of the obscure anime Starzan on 16mm when the whole run on film came on eBay like a year ago, never used Japanese prints sent to America for some project that never happened in the bags from the Imagica film lab, perfect color. I know some people have reels of Harlock and stuff like that on 16, but a rare find in the States. Should look great on this PJ once it's up and running.

Total cost: $2

Image


Attachments:
filmo.jpg
filmo.jpg [ 129.28 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 23:17 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 23:14
Posts: 633
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 20 times
harlock wrote:
Got an excellent Bell and Howell Filmosound 302e 16mm projector at on on site estate auction. A high end unit that cost like $800 in 1957, like $6000 or something in today's dollars, it has a extra powerful hifi tube amp with the super rare magnetic sound option (with recording). Not many pics online, probably not many sold at the $$$ new, pic I found below shows the magnetic head lever.

It's very well made - the whole thing is solid, solid metal with "oil cap" bearings that will never wear out (they later went to sealed bearings, these you oil like an old steam locomotive). The lamphouse, the vertical finned structure, feels like the cylinder of a motorcycle engine. It's sad to see that B&H is reduced these days to nothing more than a name for cheap plastic garbage - quite the fall from the days of heroic cine equipment like the filmo 16mm cameras and PJs like this. It's also sad to see how many of these get cannibalized into homebrew guitar amps, rather than fulfilling the mission they were intended for - another indication of this beast being the top of the line is the pictured transformer which the lesser models lacked.

Very dusty, but when it's cleaned up it will go nicely in my 16mm stable next it it's 1940s Filmosound brethren and a later 70s-80s one. Got a box of home movies with it on low fade Kodachrome too.

I managed to get several episodes of the obscure anime Starzan on 16mm when the whole run on film came on eBay like a year ago, never used Japanese prints sent to America for some project that never happened in the bags from the Imagica film lab, perfect color. I know some people have reels of Harlock and stuff like that on 16, but a rare find in the States. Should look great on this PJ once it's up and running.

Total cost: $2

Image


Wow - really nice gear you have bagged..... enjoy.

That is better than some of the 16mm units that were used (very rarely) in cinemas I was involved with years ago & complete too.

Thank-you for posting this.

Cheers :thumbup:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 13:18 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1477
Location: United States
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 14 times
forper wrote:
xtempo wrote:
Sweet Cheap TV so I can hook it up when I get my editing stuff together
]https://images2.static-bluray.com/htgallery/176431_full.jpg


nice, looks like you might have a good Weird Sceince scenario happening pretty soon there 8-)


Now I might have to watch that again for ideas of course :lol:
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 19:08 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 2999
Location: MA USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Panasonic TU-MDC100 muse decoder is currently on its way to me. It is the last muse decoder released in 1997 and 4 years newer than my Sony MSC-4000.
_________________
Wanted
HD-VMD Discs
Hi-Vision/Muse Discs Only complete/mint!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2019, 03:02 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 May 2016, 06:38
Posts: 1342
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Okay Zeta, you were right ok. After messing around with DAT and its super unreliability in an effort to achieve what I had with my well missed MZ-RH1 Hi-MD unit I studied up on the state of the art. I settled on a ZX300 with IER-M7 IEMs and at first I was like, okay DSD sounds very good but it's weak, the power of the 300 doesn't seem to "drive" the M7s well at all and my unbalanced EX700s from a decade ago do a much better job..then I found the Hi Gain option..world changed..amazing. Surpasses the RH1. Loud but not harsh, "rounded" sound. I can listen at very high volumes without any pain. I love this ish and I'm now a believer. Now if only Sony released a cool looking bluetooth remote, the current one is boring as hell, where did that Sony cool from the '90s go?

Image
_________________
Sony MDP-650, Sony MDP-355GX, Sony KVHR M36, DVDO VP-50
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2019, 21:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1477
Location: United States
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 14 times
bought a Panamax MR4000 for when I get my stuff from my storage in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Might have to buy another one though since it is only 8 outlets and I might need more or at least plug in some of the devices when I use them instead of being plugged in all the time.
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 07:43 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 May 2016, 06:38
Posts: 1342
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 43 times
^that looks like a good investment.

Saitou Yuki VHS:
Image
_________________
Sony MDP-650, Sony MDP-355GX, Sony KVHR M36, DVDO VP-50
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 18:37 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 02:37
Posts: 544
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
substance wrote:
Panasonic TU-MDC100 muse decoder is currently on its way to me. It is the last muse decoder released in 1997 and 4 years newer than my Sony MSC-4000.


Would be interesting to see whether the picture quality improved with this model. Please keep us posted.
_________________
Pioneer HLD-X0 with Sony MSC-3000 MUSE decoder.

Pioneer CLD-D925 for PAL discs.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2019, 10:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2015, 15:40
Posts: 660
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times
confederate wrote:
substance wrote:
Panasonic TU-MDC100 muse decoder is currently on its way to me. It is the last muse decoder released in 1997 and 4 years newer than my Sony MSC-4000.


Would be interesting to see whether the picture quality improved with this model. Please keep us posted.


I'll vouch for the (older) Pioneer HM-D101 and TU-MDC100 being a step up over the Sony MSC4000. I find though with an X9 the Panasonic is susceptible to the 'green tinge' issue. Luckily Substance has an X0 which I've read from several sources is immune to this with basically any decoder.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 16 of 16 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: