It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:21

Page 8 of 37 [ 739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tat you've bought to clutter your home with (Reprise)
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 11:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Deadpool (BD)
Predators (BD)
The Walking Dead S1 (BD)
The Walking Dead S2 (BD)
King Kong/Godzilla vs Mothra (DVD) - a weird one. I think it might be a Hong Kong release but I'm not sure. This disc is DVD-10 so a movie on each side, has Chinese subs but NTSC and region free. The cover slip is mostly English and this has even had a local Australian ratings sticker applied to it so it isn't a pirate pressing.

Jade Empire Special Edition (PC) - DVD steelbook
No One Lives Forever 2 A Spy In H.A.R.M.'S Way (PC) - 2CD
CoD Black Ops III (Xbox One)
Burnout Paradise Remastered (Xbox One)

R2D2 (POTF) - loose but excellent condition. Light pipe eye port and 3rd leg so one I didn't already have.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 12:46 
True fan
True fan

deadlegion wrote:

Still pissed off that the Steam release doesn't have the special edition content, the extra characters and moves are a lovely addition to a great game.

For those who haven't played it, and enjoyed the Bioware Knights of the Old Republic, please seek it out, it's a great little RPG.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 13:37 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

pokefraker wrote:
deadlegion wrote:

Still pissed off that the Steam release doesn't have the special edition content, the extra characters and moves are a lovely addition to a great game.

For those who haven't played it, and enjoyed the Bioware Knights of the Old Republic, please seek it out, it's a great little RPG.

I played Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox first then got Jade Empire sometime later (probably even after playing KOTOR 2).
Back in those days they were all great games, I played a lot of Morrowind around that time too :D

I do pick up old PC games from time to time, in this case I may not have bothered if it was just a generic standard version but this SE steelbook is really nice.
It has info as well as art printed on the back which usually appears on clear printed sleeves over steelbook.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 12:28 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Got a parcel from the Ukraine this morning. A genuine leather custom made case for my Pioneer XDP-300R.

The official cases are impossible to find any more. You can find Onkyo (same company) cases for the XD-1A, which is what I have shown below to as a comparison. Problem is the Onkyo cases don't fit right but it's the best available if you want official.

The custom case is hand made by Valentinum in the Ukraine. Photos don't do it justice, it looks and smells incredible and fits like a glove. You can see all the right access parts are exposed.

Valentinum products are not cheap, but you absolutely get what you pay for. Sure the XDP isn't exactly cheap so why wrap it in junk? They do cases and custom parts for many audio products as well as bags and stuff. Thinking I might get a bag for the good lady's birthday or something.

Oh and I received a fully serviced CLD-R7G too yesterday. Hopefully it's in one piece. Leaving it sealed until my step down transformer arrives. The Profigold svideo cable I bought way back last year in advance of today's arrival.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 13:20 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Mr Danson I'm seriously impressed, your willpower must be amazingly strong when considering your ability to resist the temptation to open up that big package! :thumbup:
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 13:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Ah yeah it can wait. Have a transformer coming from Jeff (can't get an Airlink one any more thanks to Brexit) that has two inputs on it which is spot on. I'll run the CLD-R7G and the APD-2 from it and free up an extra socket.

No rush to check it right now. It's not like I can send it back if it's smashed to pieces. :shifty:

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 21:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

New Delaware received more tat today.

First up the Cyber City Oedo 808 limited edition pre order from before Christmas. Tonight's viewing, complete with the dub everyone hates (I don't) and the UK soundtrack everyone (rightly) loves!

It also has the UK soundtrack packed in on a bonus CD! This is awesome as the Demon Records release is long OOP and quite expensive. This will be ripped to WAV and dumped on my DAP.

Next is the simply majesterial Hawaiian Breeze double whammy. First the VHS (only released on VHS afaik) which is terribly sunfaded as you can see. The back cover is untouched by UV. At the same time I picked up the soundtrack on CD!

Now the CD is new and sealed and is a sample copy. I'm at odds as to if I want to open it now, and I never leave anything sealed. I had a look through past records and this soundtrack and the VHS don't appear to come up at all (maybe I'm not looking correctly but I certainly never found them). The fact these came up for sale about 5 mins after I watched a hooky copy online smacks of fate to me. Destined to buy them!

Suffice to say, please do yourselves a favour and do watch Hawaiian Breeze some day. It's just wonderful.

Last up is an LD I bought completely blind called Luminous Flight. I thought it may compliment my complete set of Virtual Drug LD's (and 99.9% complete DVD and Blu Ray Virtual Drug collection). Yet now I'm not so sure. I did some more research and I think it's a slideshow of images set to meditation music. Luminous Flight apparently refers to the specific set of images curated for the disc. Luminous Flight is (from what translation engines tell me) some kind of spiritual state that the images help meditators achieve.

It warrants further investigation. It could be good, could be a load of pony. Question for the LD eggheads, what does the 'for selected viewers' sticker on the cover mean? Is it a specific range or collection? Is it a promo copy sticker? Something else? Anyone able to help? I'll update the entry too when I do all my other updates too.

Time for some Oedo! :wave:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 12:17 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Famicom console - AV mod and 5v USB power mod, nice case that hasn't yellowed
Rockman 5 (FC) - cart only
Gradius (FC) - cart only
Mario Bros (FC) - cart only
Twin Bee 3 (FC) - cart only
10 Yard Fight (FC) - cart only with working led
Tag Team Wrestling (FC) - boxed, no manual
Dragon Quest 2 (FC) - cart only
Soccer (FC) - cart only
Goonies 2 (FC) - cart only
Family Mahjong (FC) - cart only
Wrecking Crew (FC) - cart only
Hiryuu no Ken 3 (FC) - cart only
Volguard 2 (FC) - cart only
Moero Pro Baseball (FC) - cart only
Dragon Quest 3 (FC) - CiB
King Kong 2 (FC) - cart only
Dragon Ball Z Gaiden (FC) - cart only
Takeshi’s Challenge (FC) - cart only
Yoshi’s Cookie (FC) - cart only
Kyukyoku Harikiri Stadium (FC) - cart only

Metal Gear (NES) - PAL Italian cart with ninty sleeve, this is all English language

Game Boy Advance SP - pearl blue with US charger
Famicom Mini 01 Super Mario Bros (GBA) - CiB
369 in 1 (GBA) - cart only
Pocket Monsters Red (GB) - cart only
Pocket Monsters Silver (GBC) - cart only

The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (NGC) - Japanese, missing outer sleeve
Biohazard Zero (NGC) - CiB

Double S.T.E.A.L. (Xbox) - Japanese, in generic black DVD case but otherwise complete including manual. This isn't The Second Clash :)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II (Xbox) - Japanese, missing manual
Unreal Championship (Xbox) - PAL English, missing manual
Genma Onimusha (Xbox) - Japanese, missing manual and original case but has cover slip (H93-00002 version)

GTA IV (Xbox 360) - Japanese, CiB
Dream C Club (Xbox 360) - Japanese, CiB

Super Famicom - console only, I got this for free and was told it was "broken" :wtf: but it works fine :lol:
Case looks a little better than my current SFC, but the feet underneath are yuck.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 13:23 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Here's some junk I got in the same lot as the laserdiscs.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 20:35 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

takeshi666 wrote:

I hope I still have my Star Trek ships. I love those things. I can't remember what the orbital space station is in the lower left of the pic. Is that from one of the movies?

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 21:37 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Micro Machines! I loved the TV adverts with the fast talking man! Never owned any alas. Usually it was the rich kid at school had them. You know, the one who came back to school in September and went to Disney World over the Summer holidays and brought home WWF (aka WWE) figures and was so rich he had the ring as well.

Also his dad would work on an oil rig or something and would regularly bring home pirate VHS tapes of Terminator 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and so on. Usually from Malta or Greece. You'd be on the waiting list for about six months to borrow them while rich kids dad got the next set of tapes to replace the ones nobody else was watching any more except for you because it was finally your turn to borrow them. :silent:

More tat arrived today. Some blu's from Black Friday last year.

Nemesis Limited Edition and Nemesis 2, 3 and 4. Never seen any of them before. Why go to the trouble of importing with added heartbreak tax though?

Well, the USA disc of Nemesis 1 has a PLETHORA of good stuff no other disc has!

You get the main film, a Nemesis 2.0 directors cut and the Japanese Directors Cut plus other goodies. The main thing is the Japanese cut is unavailable anywhere else on modern formats afaik. There is a Japanese Laserdisc of the Japanese cut, but I had serious issues finding it and when I did it was stupid money. Made more sense to get a properly duplicated SDBD edition and all the other cuts of the film in one place and pocket the difference. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 22:16 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

got this in today. finally bought some asuka figures (next one will be here not for ahwile)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 06:24 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

xtempo wrote:
I hope I still have my Star Trek ships. I love those things. I can't remember what the orbital space station is in the lower left of the pic. Is that from one of the movies?

It's from Star Trek III but it did re-appear in 4, 6 and at least one episode of TNG.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 14:09 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

takeshi666 wrote:
xtempo wrote:

It's from Star Trek III but it did re-appear in 4, 6 and at least one episode of TNG.

I sorta don't remember that but I probably will when I rewatch those.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 16:10 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

xtempo wrote:
takeshi666 wrote:

that's EARTH SPACEDOCK, -NC-7011S- as seen on STAR TREK III, IV, and at least a couple episodes of THE NEXT GENERATION...

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 16:52 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Never knew that those micro machines were the rich kids toys, I never had them, may have been too old or didn't care.
But they did have some great detail on them, some of the last toys that Galoob made iirc, cool stuff.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 17:27 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
Never knew that those micro machines were the rich kids toys, I never had them, may have been too old or didn't care.

Me neither. My parents were really stingy when it came to my toys but I still had a bunch of Micro Machines.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 22:57 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I think its all your fault takeshi....... I can't remember now if it was you who asked or someone else, and I'm too lazy to search it up now.

I just picked up, or should say finally received the ordered Legend of the Dragon Kings DVD series.
Bought it over 2 months ago, tracking said it was created but hadn't shipped, so I had to contact the seller and they sent or re-sent another set
so I received it finally today.

When I get some time I'll be watching this one, hope its good.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 23:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
I just picked up, or should say finally received the ordered Legend of the Dragon Kings DVD series.

Ah that would be my fault. That's the show I couldn't remember. Good work! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 23:20 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I don't know if these are legit but I just got the boxset for End of Evangelion on VCD. I just wish I had my LD and VHS boxes to show the size difference. It has to be more than 50% smaller than those two.

Page 8 of 37 [ 739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next