It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:26

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: What are you playing?
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2021, 22:33 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

curious to see if anyone is playing anything at the moment.

I've logged over 40 hours playing Folklore on my PS3 (I bought it when I got my PS3 slim and got all the DLC for it but then was frustrated so I quit playing until recently when I got it on my last trip to the storage unit). I guess I making up for lost time but it has to be one of the best early PS3 games.

Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2021, 16:51 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Pulled open Baba is You again the other day. Cannot recommend this one enough; I have a hard time thinking of any other puzzle game this clever. Especially recommended for programmers.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2021, 19:07 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

World of Warships on PC but not since the beginning of the summer.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2021, 23:30 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I started Resident Evil: Village on PS4, but now my girl got me hooked on Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Never thought I'd actually enjoy playing that game, but here we are.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2021, 23:52 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Decided to not do all the quests in Folklore because some were hard so I ended up beating it so now playing Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom which is shorter so I will have to figure out what to do if I don't get all the trophies the first time around.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2021, 00:45 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I’m playing Super Robot Wars V - Premium Animation Song & Sound Edition for Vita. I bought it on release and for some reason quit half way through. I’m starting over and just cleared mission 9. I have no idea what some of these series are but it’s still a lot of fun. Real TM Network songs in-game is nice.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2021, 23:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Folklore is a pretty neat game.

Been playing the original Metal Gear Solid some lately. Before that I cleared Trails of Cold Steel 2 which is like, the epitome of a JRPG, good and bad.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 01:19 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

God Wars Future Past on the PS Vita.

I beat Vandal Hearts on the Sega Saturn a month ago (the fan translation that added a HD scaled mode of sorts, improved translation and some other small bells and whistles), which was one of my favorite PS1 era strategy RPGs of all time....except it really has not aged well. That being said, playing Vandal Hearts for the first time in well over a decade put me in the mood for another strategy RPG, an God Wars for the Vita can be grabbed off Amazon or Ebay new for $20 USD!

While the game has genuinely given me a better understanding of Japanese Shinto then years of watching Japanese movies (primarily horror) and anime (which I have not watched any in 15 years), the story is sort of garbled together. The game just starts with you freeing a princess from a temple she was imprisoned in and off you go. They fill in story elements as you progress, but they do not setup the story execution very well and it feels rushed. The focus was definitely on the SRPG elements ranging from the actual battles to character classes/promotions, statuses, terrain, character location advantages, etc.

That being said, if you just have a craving for classic SRPG battles - this is it. Just do not expect a life changing story. Also, you need to grab God Wars before the PS vita Playstation Store access is killed off. This game has a small patch that is absolutely necessary (adds language options, translations improvements and needed bug fixes).

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 03:48 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

playing Ico and it sure is different than Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. the controls and the camera are hard to adjust to after the nice ones that Majin and Folklore had.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 04:16 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

What a fantastic question.

While my son visited over the summer the "Back 4 Blood" beta was in progress.
Since he pre-ordered the game he had two beta phases to play. SO WHAT DID Dad DO ?
We loaded up "Left 4 Dead" and "Left 4 Dead2" and played both campaigns straight through !

Also picked up the NEW "ALIENS : Fireteam Elite"
In truth I have made my character however not started the campaign yet.
(ALL PREVIOUS ON XBOX ONE X PLATFORM)

Still playing dead space 2 multi player ! ( I am 20th on the leaderboard ;^) )

And still playing Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries from time to time with my son across country ....

Also playing the old COMMAND AND CONQUER "DUNE 2000" since an all time fav. Left the PC smoking a few times this past summer.......

There ya have it mates

Cheers

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 14:32 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

SONY PS1 "FINAL FANTASY CHRONICLES" collection port of the seminal 1995 NINTENDO SNES classic RPG "CHRONO TRIGGER"

this is my second time attempting a serious, full playthrough, the first, abandoned early on in the game, the better part of 20 years ago.

i do intend to stay the course this time. however, while the game overall is decent, i hardly seem to find it the 16-bit Audio-Visual Masterpiece
that basically everybody else in my generation of gamers alone seem to basically herald it as, pretty much to a man.

again, it is decent, with sharp graphics and great character spritework, and Toriyama art that as is sharp as ever,
it's simply the whole of the work in general that comes across to me as rather overrated in basically all respects,
the other half of the FF CHRONICLES package, FFIV, managing to capture my imagination and drive me straight to it's conclusion
with it's fabulous Nobuo Uematsu Rock-Opera soundtrack in ways that the all-respected CT cannot seem to even approach,
indeed even after FFIV's umpteenth personal playthrough.

Again, just my two cents, YMMV. No Offense to the fans of this overwhelmingly respected JRPG classic,
however, with such a sweeping reputation, -that seems to precede itself for miles all round-
i was honestly expecting a great deal more out of this much-vaunted SNES superclassic...

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 17:51 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I'm one of the "weirdos" that liked Chrono Cross more than Trigger. Trigger is simply okay, I would agree with that. I also never could get into Earthbound, a similarly acclaimed game at all after multiple attempts. I do try to give some games another go, because it was my third start of Xenogears where that game really clicked.

The PS1 is easily my most played console of the last two years. Playing through games such as Xenogears, Final Fantasy IX, Suikoden, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Detana!! TwinBee, TwinBee Yahho!, Puzzle Bobble 4, Tetris with Card Captor Sakura Eternal Heart, Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle-Dama, TwinBee Taisen Puzzle-Dama, Brave Fencer Mushashi, Brigandine (still don't like this game but wanted to see it through with a playthrough, thankfully it is short). Maybe some others I am forgetting. There are some others as well that I started but did not finish. RPGs mostly.

I think Dreamcast is probably second most played over that span for me.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2021, 14:50 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

tasuke wrote:

That drawing just reminded me of a book I have on my shelf you may be interested in. It's pretty heavy so importing from Japan isn't exactly cheap, plus it's all in Japanese. Totally worth it though for the glorious art.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2021, 16:17 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

that's a mighty impressive-looking book. that said, i'm not exactly a hardcore FALCOM fan, -a couple of Ys games is just about as far as i've yet gone-
so i'm probably not quite in the market for an apparently exhaustive tome as that.

anyhow, i'm nearly through TRIGGER now, and, -YMMV- my weak overall opinion of it has only continued to diminish...

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]