It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:22

Page 5 of 5 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: What music are you listening to streaming: CD/VINYL/SACD
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2021, 00:08 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Watched a short special on Youtube about Erik Satie, some crazy stuff right there.
Found out about his Vexations and ordered a CD of it, my wife has a CD of his in the house and I know what his stuff sounds like
so it inspired me to pickup a larger set of his from another seller.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2021, 06:45 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good morning Everyone UK here,

I am currently listening to Musical works from Steve Roach.

For all those members who's leanings are towards music that is able to transform the mind, and take you on a Journey of pure escapism then I cannot recommend Steve Roach enough.

This Gentleman takes great care in all that he produces, the recordings of which are of the highest quality.

The Album: As It Is

Attachments:
Steve Roach Album As It Is.jpg
Steve Roach Album As It Is.jpg [ 21.41 KiB | Viewed 1310 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2021, 07:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Steve Roach has been producing exquisite music for the last 30 years.

This is another Album of his that I was completely submerged into, and very powerful it was

Double CD or you can listen to this double CD without a break, for over 2 hours music on youtube

Alive in the Void:
This is a live performance that was recorded in a large Arena, in which I read he stood for over 7 hours and played none stop.
Recorded with care and the panoramic and expansive Sound is what I can only describe as AWE INSPIRING!

Attachments:
Steve Roach Album Alive In The Vortex.jpg
Steve Roach Album Alive In The Vortex.jpg [ 14.6 KiB | Viewed 1309 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2021, 07:31 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Another Track that I used to have on 12'' Vinyl is from the following artist of 1984.

Laura Branigan: Self Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HInA9jKyoKE

Attachments:
Laura Branigan Self Control.jpg
Laura Branigan Self Control.jpg [ 14.97 KiB | Viewed 1309 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2021, 22:23 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

benmbe wrote:
Confederate & Gypsy,

I have just read the depth of your Posts about your lives and your touching experiences.

Know that your in depth comments have been Profoundly felt by this man.

That is why Music for me touches the soul in a wholesome way.
You are both not alone, for I too have experienced very much the same and can relate to you both 100%

I hope you are both well.

Kindest Regards

From Mark

Thank you, Mark. These words are highly appreciated.

Music is extremely important to me. I listen to a lot of music every day. Unfortunately, I do not have the chance to go to any
festivals at the moment due to the Covid pandemic which is a big shame because I usually go to several trance festivals every year.
Music helped me to get through some difficult phases in life and made me a better human being.

Despite all the bad things happening in life you have to remember that life is short and you should not waste any minute of it. I wasted
two, three years of my life being angry at the whole world after what had happened to me. I am a very different person now. I enjoy my
life to the fullest, I am happily married and I have recently managed to find a very good job at one of the big banks from the UK.

I want to enjoy music in the best quality available and I am willing to pay big money for it if the quality is right. I have recently purchased
the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab vinyl release of Bob Marley and The Wailer's Catch a Fire. It was worth every penny even though it wasn't cheap
( almost 200 $ ). But I didn't care about the price. I wanted to enjoy this masterpiece in the best quality available and this is an excellent release.

There is so much brilliant music out there it is unbelievable and still much so much left for me to discover for the rest of my life.

Just one last recommendation I want to make: Jean-Michel Jarre's new Amazônia album. I wouldn't really call it music. You have to listen to it yourself
to be the judge here. It is interesting for sure and brilliantly engineered and recorded. The vinyl release is fantastic and the 5.1 audio version of it
highly recommendable.

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 16:30 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I was trying to find Phase VII's legendary 1981 track 'Show Me Your Magic' from their Windjammer album (which now turns out was a cruise line company).

It looks like it's been removed from YouTube which is a shame as it's not available anywhere else.

Then I stumbled upon this in my live search. Possibly the only 'live' (it's obviously a mime track) performance by Phase VII in existence? (this needs uploading to the Internet Archive) ...and what is the very first song they perform? Show Me Your Magic! :crazy:

I'd love the 7" single for this but it's not exactly easy to get hold of. On Discogs for example, only 5 copies have ever appeared for sale, the last copy of which sold in April of this year for €465 (about $500). The album, Windjammer, goes for roughly the same money, with only 10 copies ever appearing for sale on Discogs at least. Heck, their 7" catalogue all seems to go for 100's of €/$/¥ etc per copy too.

Anyway, here's the 'live' performance of arguably their greatest hit to Carlton dance to enjoy in the privacy of your own home (plus another song). Proper legends! :thumbup: I think the only thing that could top this is a live video of Hawaiian legend Rodney Arias (I lucked out and found a copy of the reasonably rare Rodney Arias - Live! album for sale about 10 years ago that was also signed by not only Rodney Arias himself, but ALL of his backing group The Paradise Serenaders :mrgreen:).

If anyone finds a copy of Windjammer or Show Me Your Magic for sale, let me know!

EDIT: Looks like with a bit more searching it seems someone has done the kind thing and reuploaded the song. Phew!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2022, 16:14 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Just discovered the amazing Piper. Not only is the album art just utterly cringetastic, but the music is whopper.

Then you go and look up a nice vinyl copy for sale, only to discover it costs about 657 jillion dollars (about 50 to 300 Euro currently, depending on condition). Darn vinyl market! :crazy:

Also got stuck in to a bit of Casiopea recently. Their self-titled 1979 album is brilliant. Love the cover art too. Alas this is another title that commands serious money too.

Also to throw a bit of a mix together, here's a lovely number from Brazil's Number 1 organist Walter Wanderley! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2022, 16:57 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Chet Baker LPs all day yesterday.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 06:20 
True fan
True fan

Modern Talking greatest hits ( CD )

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2022, 15:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

You simply cannot beat a bit of science-fiction-themed 'Technical Extreme Metal' (what a genre, visions of long-haired maniacs with axe guitars all doing long division and discussing the merits of pythagorian theorum :lol: ). Hence I've been caressing my earlobes to the sound of Nocturnus.

After a while a lot of that djent stuff gets a bit samey. I like these lads though, and their album artwork (couple of examples below) is absolutely stunning. Shame yer man can't sing though. :lol:

Page 5 of 5 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5