It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:47

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is it a red flag when someone selling a laserdisc player
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2023, 19:22 
True fan
True fan

on Ebay refuses to show the player turned on but claims it works? I asked pictures from a guy or gal that had a nice laserdisc player that they said was tested and working but they refuse to show the player on. Not just that but the back of the players plug looks twisted up. Is that a bad sign when the plug on the back is a bit twisted? Could it cause any type of interference if the plug is like that? It's kind of the reason why I'm more of a fan of the way Panasonic built their players with a removable ac plug. With that said I think I prefer Pioneer's softer look on their players because both my Panasonic's give off a sharper appearance and I feel like in the video you see more issues in the background on certain objects.

Post subject: Re: Is it a red flag when someone selling a laserdisc player
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2023, 19:39 
True fan
True fan

Well I bought it because more and more people started watching the player and the Seller was giving a 20 dollar discount on it and I accepted his/her off. Now after I accepted their offer I am asking them to show pictures/videos proof of it actually working before I run out and buy a gift card for it. I don't want to spend 6 bucks on a gift card if player doesn't actually work. Which remote control works good with a CLD-3080? The original remote is not available online. Would my remote control for my Elite CLD-53 work fine with it and I'm not sure my current remote has a feature for still framing on CLV. Oh wait i guess it would if it can do it for CAVS correct? Also which player would give off the better picture quality? Would you take the CLD-3080 over the CLD-53 or is the CLD-53 better since I think it was release in 94 or 95. I forget which year this one is. This CLD-3080 is from 1990. I read online that players released in 94/95 all had pretty good quality from Pioneer.

Edit: If seller doesn't show me proof it's actually working I won't be paying this off. Also Ebay should question this seller if he or she is selling stuff that they are claiming is tested and it's really not. This person has an award for being a so called great seller. LOL

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 00:57 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Just buy something or don't. You accepted the offer, so either pay the seller if you trust them or cancel the order. At the very least, I hope you've directly told them that you won't pay until you see a picture of the player turned on.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 02:21 
True fan
True fan

rcarlson wrote:
Just buy something or don't. You accepted the offer, so either pay the seller if you trust them or cancel the order. At the very least, I hope you've directly told them that you won't pay until you see a picture of the player turned on.

He/She showed it on. I hope I have no issues for the testing working laserdisc player. Ebay has given me a migraine lately. :lolno:

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 04:30 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jesuslovesgood wrote:
He/She showed it on. I hope I have no issues for the testing working laserdisc player.

Best is to find local sellers that you can visit, test the player with discs (LD, CD) you might bring, etc.
Then you just pay and bring it home.

Avoiding shipping is always a good idea for fragile hardware.

Julien

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 05:34 
True fan
True fan

admin wrote:
jesuslovesgood wrote:
He/She showed it on. I hope I have no issues for the testing working laserdisc player.

Best is to find local sellers that you can visit, test the player with discs (LD, CD) you might bring, etc.

Julien

I reminded the seller to package it up good with bubble wrap. I also informed he/she about how sometimes certain delivery drivers can be rude and toss packages around. https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?t=2156

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 15:37 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

admin wrote:
jesuslovesgood wrote:

Julien

This continues to be the best advice for buying LD players. I have four including an LD-S1 all bought this way. Could easily have more but four is enough and they all have their uses/some different features.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 21:07 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Buying a Laserdisc player in 2023 is a luxury to the buyer and burden to the seller. If you understand this relationship right, you can calculate your odds with limited funds and patience.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2023, 17:27 
True fan
True fan

How is that burden to the seller ? If I sell a player I always sell it on local classifieds and with mentioning that it's pick-up only. Gets sold every time.

Last edited by therussian on 05 Feb 2023, 12:46, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqIv0_dV3_pjvruObJcukOw

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 04:45 
True fan
True fan

therussian wrote:
How is that burned to the seller ? If I sell a player I always sell it on local classifieds and with mentioning that it's pick-up only. Gets sold every time.

I think he's talking about how it's a burden to ebay sellers. That if something goes wrong in shipping and the player is either broken or not functioning properly that it hurts them in the long run because ebay will side with the buyers. Which is correct thing to do because buyers are not paying hundreds of dollars for broken equipment that was listed as working.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]