It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why are some Pioneer remote controls missing STOP button?
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 22:21 
True fan
True fan

I noticed that Pioneer laserdisc remote controls are missing the STOP button. Yes I know the play button will work as a stop button but it's confusing to me. I'm used to the panasonic laserdisc remotes that have a stop button. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Why are Pioneer remote controls always missing this butt
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 22:56 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
I noticed that Pioneer laserdisc remote controls are missing the STOP button. Yes I know the play button will work as a stop button but it's confusing to me. I'm used to the panasonic laserdisc remotes that have a stop button. :lol:

Only some, your remote will be similar/same as my old CLD-2950 PAL/NTSC player, majority of other Pioneer remotes do include a stop button.
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 23:19 
True fan
True fan

I own two Pioneer Remotes and they both work with my Elite CLD-53 and they both don't have a stop button. One remote is fatter than the other and they feel different in my hands. The one remote is similar to the remote that came with the CLD-3080 so that's why I got it with it. It messes with my mind that both remotes don't have a stop button. You are telling me this is uncommon yet these two players originally came with remotes that didn't have a stop button! :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 23:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Isn't the Eject button also working as STOP when the disc is playing?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 23:41 
True fan
True fan

lons_vex wrote:

That's another issue with both these remotes and Pioneer Players I have. When I press the eject button it only ejects. I have to hit play button to get the tray to go back in on it's own. This is so strange. My Panasonic LX-900 doesn't work like that but what annoys me about my LX-900 is that it cuts off a small percentage of the right side of the screen. That is such an annoying defect. Also I think my Panny LX-900 is too sharp at times and shows issues with the picture quality noticeable in background like weird lines. I think that's because the player is sharp. Now I haven't done enough testing with my Pioneer Elite CLD-53 so I don't know if the Panny still benefits on larger monitors. Is a sharper image an advantage when it comes to bigger size screens?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 00:09 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
lons_vex wrote:

That's another issue with both these remotes and Pioneer Players I have. When I press the eject button it only ejects. I have to hit play button to get the tray to go back in on it's own. This is so strange. My Panasonic LX-900 doesn't work like that but what annoys me about my LX-900 is that it cuts off a small percentage of the right side of the screen. That is such an annoying defect. Also I think my Panny LX-900 is too sharp at times and shows issues with the picture quality noticeable in background like weird lines. I think that's because the player is sharp. Now I haven't done enough testing with my Pioneer Elite CLD-53 so I don't know if the Panny still benefits on larger monitors. Is a sharper image an advantage when it comes to bigger size screens?

It isn’t an issue; as lons_vex suggests, that’s the way it works with some of these older (1994 & earlier?) remotes. From 95 onwards most had conventional stop & eject buttons, my CLD-D925, CLD-R7G, HLD- X9 and most others are the same.
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 00:24 
True fan
True fan

On another note not related to this topic my Pioneer CLD-3080 is coming in the mail tomorrow. Since I've already invested 51 bucks into this remote which is a lot for a remote this CLD-3080 better not have issues. Seller claimed they tested it and it works. And maybe it does work but I also heard that the 3080's are known to have alignment issues and sometimes can suffer from cross talk. Is cross talk interference which is an alignment issue? Either way I'm expecting a working player and if it doesn't work or has issues I'm going to be very frustrated. This seller I bought from has all these ebay awards saying what a great seller they are. I am going to find out if they truly are a great seller. If there's no issues with the player I'll leave him or her positive feedback. I'm just not confident that there's not going to be any issues. Even if I get lucky and Fedex isn't tossing this around a lot to the point that the players alignment or other issues may occur I'm still paranoid. This is actually shipping faster than expected and while that's a good thing to put my mind at ease when I receive it tomorrow. I'm still going to have to watch movies on it and make sure it's reading them properly.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 00:32 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I should have mentioned this earlier but wasn’t really clear on what you were doing but….

Why would you buy the remote first before getting the player? It’s always a risk getting a player intact in the mail so the best thing to do would be to get the player first to make sure it works and then get a remote. You could have used the CLD-53 remote to test most of the 3080’s functions first.

jesuslovesgood wrote:

That's another issue with both these remotes and Pioneer Players I have. When I press the eject button it only ejects. I have to hit play button to get the tray to go back in on its own. This is so strange.

If you’re used to one way of doing it, I suppose it is strange.

All my Pioneer player remotes have been like this and it never really bothered much me since the logic still makes sense. The combined eject/stop button works as it should by stopping the disc when in play mode & once it’s stopped the player knows the next press will be eject. However, I will agree that having to press play to retract the tray is sometimes annoying if your intent was to have a disc in the tray and you just wanted the disc in there ready to go but not playing.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 02:13 
True fan
True fan

If the player ends up not working properly and I have to send it back it's no big deal. These two pioneer remotes work with my cld-53. So it's nice to have a back up remote. I guess my b**ching is more to do with the pricing of the remote. I got a deal on my original remote at around 30 bucks compared to the 51 I had to pay just so I could match the design and look with the cldu-024 model or whatever the remote that originally came with the cld-3080. The cldu-052 looks identical to the cldu-024 remote.

Post subject: Re: Why are some Pioneer remote controls missing STOP button
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 03:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jesuslovesgood wrote:
I noticed that Pioneer laserdisc remote controls are missing the STOP button.

I never had a Pioneer remote without the STOP button.

I can see old Japanese models also had only PLAY no dedicated STOP button.

Old models only? 80's thing?

Julien

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 03:55 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I mean... those remotes pictured have Stop/Eject buttons, complete with the square symbol that means "Stop." In my book that counts as a Stop button.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 04:10 
True fan
True fan

rcarlson wrote:
I mean... those remotes pictured have Stop/Eject buttons, complete with the square symbol that means "Stop." In my book that counts as a Stop button.

Oh yeah it does claim the eject button is also the stop button. Still weird to me. I'm used to it saying Stop Clearly. Also the eject button still requires me to hit play if I want the disc player to close.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 06:35 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:

Oh yeah it does claim the eject button is also the stop button. Still weird to me. I'm used to it saying Stop Clearly. Also the eject button still requires me to hit play if I want the disc player to close.

Some people, like a friend of mine, found it weird that some devices have a combined play/pause button. I always thought that was a weird thing to be fixated on as when I see a device have a separate play & pause button I do find that to be redundant.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2023, 13:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

my 1988 CLD-3030's CU-CLD008 has the common STOP/EJECT;

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2023, 16:05 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Reminds me of how VCR remotes usually lacked an eject button.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]