It is currently 18 Jul 2024, 22:25

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Fake IEMs?
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2024, 06:40 
Serious fan
Serious fan

The best IEMs I ever bought were MDR-EX700s. They still sound fantastic. I tried some of the new generation stuff and it fits badly and sounds average imo. These new fangled balanced cables also need a lot of power to sound good, so you gotta carry a secondary headphone amp too - don't want to do that.

The 700s had two big brothers, the EX800STs and the EX1000s.

I want to try the 800s with my new walkman I'm getting but the prices online vary wildly.

Apparently this listing is "shinpin" new for less than 20K yen?! but used ones are going for more? I'm assuming its a fake? Especially since the 700s I bought in a small Tokyo electronics store in 2012 had a nicely designed black box and this has a plain white one? Anyway, can anyone confirm these are fakes or give a reason why they might be genuine? I know there are definitely fakes of stuff like the EX1000s and I got duped on full size Sony studio monitors from ebay before that once in hand it was obvious, also the sound not surprisingly sucked. (After that got a girlfriend buy some from a real store in Japan so now I'm sure I've got real ones.)

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o1140882027

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]