It is currently 17 Jul 2024, 18:12

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why run sales if won't let us buy Xbox 360 games?
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2024, 23:39 
True fan
True fan

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/darkstalkers-resurrection/

What is Microsoft doing? Am I the only one having issues? It keeps redirecting me to their homepage and won't let me purchase this title that is on sale. I'm trying to buy games before Microsoft wrongfully shuts down the Marketplace on July 29th. A lot of developers are selling their games for cheap now but the marketplace website isn't working for me. :thumbdown:

Post subject: Re: Why run sales if won't let us buy Xbox 360 games?
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2024, 00:23 
True fan
True fan

I typed "Darkstalkers Resurrection 360" into google and got this working link at the top of the results: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/product/darkstalkers-resurrection/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841122f. If clicking "Buy Game" on this page doesn't work, then it's a zombie page and the game isn't actually for sale on that website.

I can't emphasize this enough: A web search will help you with these Xbox 360 questions more quickly and reliably than asking them on a Laserdisc forum.

As for "What is Microsoft doing?", you've kind of answered the question yourself. They're shutting down the online marketplace of an old console. They wouldn't be doing that if keeping the marketplace up weren't more trouble/expense than it's worth to them, so it's not surprising if they don't pay much attention to the site's maintenance.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2024, 04:01 
True fan
True fan

So this is how Sped Microsoft is. You have to run out and buy an Xbox Gift Card. I ran out and paid $100 exactly without taxes so $100 exactly from Walmart. Then I came home couldn't get the redeem to work in store or in settings of the console. So what I did is I visited this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/redeem-a-gift-card-or-code-to-your-microsoft-account-d6b2c675-9e31-f312-7ff4-21834ad22fa8 Microsoft Redeem and put the gift card in and it went directly to my Email Account that I have setup for my XBOX 360. So make sure it's the right Hotmail.com account if that's the account that's for your original Xbox 360. Also, you can buy $100, $50, or $25. I have a huge 500gig hard-drive that needs to be filled up so I spent 100 and I am going to wait until July 16th because apparently a 3rd batch of deals will come out. Right now I bought Darkstalkers because it was really cheap and it's a good fighter. I don't know if I'm going to spend much more right now. Microsoft is a joke company and there's no reason a Trillion dollar company has to close down a marketplace when people still buy games from it. This same Company owns that awful Network that won't be named that is bigoted towards religious people. So I'm really not shocked that they don't have things setup properly.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2024, 04:42 
True fan
True fan

I'm not even going to ask why you "had" to buy a $100 gift card with that short a shelf-life before you even knew what you were going to spend it on.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2024, 05:13 
True fan
True fan

rcarlson wrote:
I'm not even going to ask why you "had" to buy a $100 gift card with that short a shelf-life before you even knew what you were going to spend it on.

Going to spend it on cheap games that sell cheaper than their physical games on ebay where people are asking 30-40 or hundreds of dollars when in it's digital form only 2 or 3 bucks. :clap: Closing down the Marketplace will just make scalpers go even higher for these same games that can be bought cheaper in their digital format.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2024, 22:54 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

This was a long time coming, I'm surprised it carried on this long.

Here is a link explaining a fair bit https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/store/xbox-360-marketplace-update

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]