It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:12

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: my first order through Tenso/Buyee
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 17:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

OK so am i missing something here????
I was looking at a title that i have in my wishlist on yahoo Japan.
Title is 1500 yen, OK 15 bucks.
But with fees and shipping i could be paying close to 40 bucks :wtf:

Why wouldn't i just buy this from a USA seller when they do list it, seems cheaper, right :wtf:

I have a box set of Gamba that i'm trying to sell, on ebay my price is lower than if i bought it from YJ without even involving shipping
to the USA :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

So are others getting deals that i'm missing here or what???????

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 00:25 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

rein-o wrote:
OK so am i missing something here????
I was looking at a title that i have in my wishlist on yahoo Japan.
Title is 1500 yen, OK 15 bucks.
But with fees and shipping i could be paying close to 40 bucks :wtf:

No you're not missing anything rein-o.

That's a fairly accurate estimate of the lowest price but don't forget to add the currency exchange fees which will happen no matter whether you pay via paypal, credit card or even TransferWise. Then of course there are the import duty fees as well depending on where you reside and the declared value on the parcel.

I think a common misconception is that buying from Japan is cheap. It isn't if you are using a middle man service.
It's just that you have access to a much broader range of titles than would otherwise appear on Ebay.
You can of course save by bulk buying, getting discounts, buying cheaper titles with lower fees and combining shipping.

The thing that surprises me is that so many people on this forum think that sellers on the forum are always overcharging when they are selling titles they have imported. No one using these middle man services could sell a disc costing $15 for any less than about $45 without making a loss.

So yes it is sometimes cheaper to wait for a seller in Japan to list an item on Ebay than buy direct from Japan yourself via one of these middle men.

The downside is someone outside Japan may buy it first and you never see it again if they are a collector or they relist it on Ebay themselves at an even more inflated price!!

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 02:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Yes i agree with your comments Laserdiscfan.
I just thought it would be slightly cheaper.
I haven't bought many LDs in the past year and thought i would give it a try on yahoo after reading this topic but i'll pass for now as they aren't
very rare titles.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 16:09 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I agree too in fact I never buy single discs from Japan.
I always buy bulks of 4-5 titles or more at least so I can combine shipping and usually from the same seller so I pay domestic shipping and "per-seller fees" once.
When I am not purchasing stuff from yahoo japan a friend of mine who lives in Tokyo helps me to buy music stuff by local thrift stores, music fairs or music stores.
In that case I just pay the price of the article + shipping from Japan to Italy. That's the way I got the best bargains ever but of course this pattern is not working everyday.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 02:10 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Just received a defective disc (broken VHD) from Buyee and filt a complaint. I guess it'll be in vain, but who knows...

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 21:49 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

OK Broke down and picked up some discs and used Buyee.
Very satisfied with shipping and packing, they seemed to remove the outer box and left the discs wrapped in their original bubble wrapping etc.

All were packed into a larger box for consolidation and had extra bubble packing around all discs.
Box was a thicker box and no damage even with the slowest cheapest shipping method.

Only issue was the cost, i knew all costs going into it but overall it was not worth it.

In the box i picked up an 8 disc TV series in gatefold sleeves, could have paid 100 bucks from a seller here on LDDB.
Discs were 36.00 and calculating shipping from Buyee to me for said specific set was 67.00 costing a grand total of 103.00 :oops: :crazy: :wtf:

So overall i would only suggest using this service for discs that are not in the USA and value over 55 as a single disc with service
could run 45, buying a bunch of discs will be around 35-40 each.

Overall not going to miss anything from there and won't use them again as the value ratio is not worth it even for a collector.
Definitely not worth it from a seller standpoint.

But to all others good luck. Now i know when i put my discs up here for sale they will be high but cheaper than buying directly from Japan. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 11:23 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I've also finally broken down and used buyee, to get a box set I've never seen come up for sale anywhere else; this was inevitable, really.

I hope this first experience will be a positive one.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 14:27 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I just ordered some Tamiya Mini4WD track via Buyee. It’s been a few years since I used them but domestic supplies for what I wanted are non-existent. Shipping on something this large (beyond EMS limit, has to be broken up before shipping) are horrendous but that’s the way it is with some things.

I wish places in Hong Kong were selling track. China Post could have saved literally hundreds of dollars.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 14:42 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

takeshi666 wrote:
I've also finally broken down and used buyee, to get a box set I've never seen come up for sale anywhere else; this was inevitable, really.

I hope this first experience will be a positive one.

I've never had an issue due to buyee.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 15:34 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

My last order was sort of an issue but they didn't double box and I paid for it but also didn't get it until after I was able to make a case.
Nothing really damaged, 1 disc was cracked but it can still play and its a rare anime.

Was just talking to my wife about that we should start a business and get containers of stuff from these hardoffs etc.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 16:23 
True fan
True fan

I have been using Buyee non stop for 5 years now. Their fees aren't high at all. 200 + 300 yen per item and then domestic shipping + shipping to you.

Domestic shipping per item ( a laserdisc for example ) is between 500 and 1000 yen. Peanuts. And their international shipping is standard J post rates and they now even offer fedex which costs less than seamail on larger items so instead of bloody waiting for 2 months it now arrives within 4 days.

They don't have the stupid thing that you need to top up your account prior to bidding. You bid, if you win then you pay.

Their customer service is also bang on. They don't charge me anything if I ask them to remove several unwanted items from a bundle package to make it lighter.
I easily made 150+ orders through them.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 13:05 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
Was just talking to my wife about that we should start a business and get containers of stuff from these hardoffs etc.

I'm sure this went well :lol:

therussian wrote:

They don't have the stupid thing that you need to top up your account prior to bidding. You bid, if you win then you pay.

Yeah I ran into this when I tried a couple different places to get a special bonus for a figure. Made me go right back to buyee for regular purchases.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 14:33 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

It sort of did, we just need to figure out the container issues and if we really want to do a store.

I've been on this type of thing for the past 7 years just can't really figure out the container issues.
They sure can charge you and fill them in whatever country but then that's it you are SOL to figure the rest.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 20:43 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I actually have a contact in Japan I typically buy through. Buyee has killed him on pricing where YJPA is concerned though since he was charging $10 (US) per transaction, but the benefit was he'd hold all of your orders you placed multi-site and repack it all to ship in a single box at no extra charge, which I had him do frequently.

Biggest issue to me right now is that Japan still has SAL (Sea-Air-Land), the absolute cheapest shipping method, cut-off due to their still ongoing C19 restrictions. Airmail is half-way reasonable provided your package is small and lightweight, but I was use to bulk buying and ending up with boxes weighing in the 15+ pound range, for which SAL was the only reasonable option. A box lot of stuff that would have run me around $75 shipping pre-C19 is now around $130 to ship.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021, 12:56 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Wait until you have something so big you have to ship it via DHL. Even more expensive than EMS! Shipping an X-0 right now is probably $1000+

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2021, 09:28 
True fan
True fan

I would not want to import an X-0 ever for the simple reason of how utterly complicated that machine is and that there are literally only a handful people on earth who can work on it.

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3