It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:46

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: READY PLAYER ONE MOVIE RELEASE MARCH 29TH UK.
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 10:58 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good day everyone,

I wonder how many members will be going to see this on the BIG Screen.

Based on Ernest Cline's Book of which I have not read, & with Steven Spielberg at the Directing helm, all three Trailers look good to me personally.

To those who have not read this Book, or are not familiar with this material / forthcoming Movie then feel free to read on

In the year 2045 crowded cities, lack of resources, housing is bad and due to society severely crumbing, the missing generations of people have become so disenfranchised in their own lives that VR (virtual Reality Gaming has taken hold of the masses.)

From the information that I have acquired so far: Wade finds the strength within himself & Unites everyone united we stand and divided we fall is truly recognised, and the bonds of true friendships are formed across continents....... Society fears each one of us who have true determination to stand for all that is good.

The above VR Game OASIS gives the missing generations (not missing but jacked into 80's pop culture gaming and movie in high tech visual and sensory escapism of hope Joy Imagination and an infinite world of possibilities.)

A media announcement of the games founders death, and in his video where he describes that he has placed easter eggs and keys to unlock all levels, and to the one who completes this will own everything.

The only problem with the above is that the huge Corporation/s who on the outside and infiltrate those players on the inside ''the 6's'' start to purposely twist deceive, manipulate, control, Kill and try to take over in an attempt to stop (Wade who discovers all EE's and Keys) and control the masses by all means necessary.

Life in the OASIS
Cline’s best-selling novel is set in a dystopian future after a global energy crisis has left much of the world in turmoil. Facing a host of social and economic problems, much of the world has turned to OASIS, a virtual universe accessible to anyone with a relatively cheap visor and gloves. Not only does OASIS have its own stable currency, but it also hosts the majority of the educational, entertainment, and business resources available to people, and has evolved to become a far-reaching virtual society.

When one of the founders of OASIS dies, he announces that ownership of the virtual universe and his billion-dollar fortune will pass to whoever can locate a mysterious prize somewhere inside OASIS. In order to locate this “Easter egg” hidden somewhere in the virtual worlds, users must solve puzzles and otherwise navigate a massive treasure hunt steeped in the co-founder’s love for the music, movies, and games of the 1980s.

Five years after the treasure hunt is announced, Wade Watts (Sheridan) uncovers the first of three keys to locating the final prize, kicking off a wild adventure filled with danger — both real and virtual.

Review
"At once wildly original and stuffed with irresistible nostalgia, Ready Player One is a spectacularly genre-busting, ambitious, and charming debut―part quest novel, part love story, and part virtual space opera set in a universe where spell-slinging mages battle giant Japanese robots, entire planets are inspired byBlade Runner, and flying DeLoreans achieve light speed" (Justin Trudeau Independent)

"The science-fiction writer John Scalzi has aptly referred to Ready Player One as a 'nerdgasm' [and] there can be no better one-word description of this ardent fantasy artifact about fantasy culture…But Mr. Cline is able to incorporate his favourite toys and games into a perfectly accessible narrative" (Janet Maslin New York Times)

"A most excellent ride . . . the conceit is a smart one, and we happily root for [the heroes] on their quest . . . fully satisfying" (Boston Globe)

"Gorgeously geeky, superbly entertaining, this really is a spectacularly successful debut" (Daily Mail)

"If you grew up with an Atari or maybe had a Commodore 64 back in the day, you are going to really enjoy this one. Cline really captures the feeling of those good old days in Ready Player One" (WIRED)

"The strength of Cline's first novel, other than its geeky referencing of 1980s pop culture, is the characterisation of the Candide-like Wade and his redemptive quest in both VR and the real world" (Guardian)

"Ernest Cline’s novel deserves to be a modern classic…the most relevant novel of the 21st Century to date" (Steve Wright SciFi Now)

"The mystery and fantasy in this novel weaves itself in the most delightful way, and the details that make up Mr. Cline's world are simply astounding. Ready Player One has it all" (Huffington Post)

"Enchanting . . . Willy Wonka meets the Matrix. This novel undoubtedly qualifies Cline as the hottest geek on the planet right now. [But] you don't have to be a geek to get it" (USA Today)

"Fascinating and imaginative...It's non-stop action when gamers must navigate clever puzzles and outwit determined enemies in a virtual world in order to save a real one. Readers are in for a wild ride" (Terry Brooks, #1 New York Times bestselling author)

From the Back Cover
THE SCI-FI SENSATION OF THE YEAR

IMAGINE A WORLD AT STAKE.

AN EPIC STRUGGLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL.

THE GREATEST QUEST IN HISTORY.

THE FATE OF HUMANITY RESTING IN YOUR HANDS.

ARE YOU READY?

Check the following site for all trailers along with youtube: readyplayeronemovie.com

I am personally looking forward to seeing this on the big Screen and I know that I shall be owning this on Disc on release.

Kind Regards to everyone

Attachments:
Ready Player One 2018.jpg
Ready Player One 2018.jpg [ 15.14 KiB | Viewed 959 times ]

Post subject: Re: READY PLAYER ONE MOVIE RELEASE MARCH 29TH UK.
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2018, 02:04 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I am really surprised Spielberg is directing this one. Seems more like something he would produce.

I don't have the highest hopes, but I will keep an eye on it since I read the book.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]