It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:53

Page 2 of 7 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 22:32 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I’ve been hating that guy for like 30 years. I’ve built up quite an immunity to him. Zero surprises ever at this point. I mean, how many times can you be mortally shocked that grandpa pooped his pants?

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 22:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

His lack of self control of his mouth, or maybe it's his mental health, idk, affects my mental health ffs :problem:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 10:14 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
I’ve been hating that guy for like 30 years. I’ve built up quite an immunity to him. Zero surprises ever at this point. I mean, how many times can you be mortally shocked that grandpa pooped his pants?

With your hatred of American foreign wars and America's "genocide" against people like the Iraqis I thought you'd love Trump?

The guys body count is about the lowest of any US President in living memory. He backed off from wiping the floor with Iran the other day when a US drone was downed. His admirals and generals were ready to go. He asked em how many would die in their planned retaliation strike. 300 was the answer. Trump was like, no, 1 drone isn't worth 300 lives.

The only time he's authorised force is payback when the Syrians targeted civilians with chemical munitions. He struck only the base responsible for the attack.

Trump loves peace and sees no reason why people (Americans or otherwise) should die at the hands of the US military unless there's a really really good reason.

Maybe you're just a hater? You sure tend to hate your own country a lot. Maybe you should move to Japan?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 10:29 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Things Zeta hates:

1. "Collectards"
2. Star Wars
3. Disney
4. Trump
5. Foreign wars since Vietnam
6. Forper
7. America/Americans?
8. ..?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 11:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

forper wrote:
Maybe you should move to Japan?

lol why?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 11:48 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Anyway, zeta being critical of the prez, policies or whatever doesn't mean he hates his country.

We haven't had any good leaders here for God knows how long now, and all sides pretty much have the same bs policies domestic and foreign. We have compulsory voting here but it doesn't make any difference if the choices are the same s**t just a different arsehole.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 12:19 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Oh hell, as soon as THAT came up I just knew the orangephile would go nuts.

At least with compulsory and especially preferential voting then "worst case scenario" we tend to get the least worst option.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 12:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

audioboyz1973 wrote:
Oh hell, as soon as THAT came up I just knew the orangephile would go nuts.

At least with compulsory and especially preferential voting then "worst case scenario" we tend to get the least worst option.

Morrison subscribes to a type of Christianity that is very familiar to America.
Our least worst options are getting worse, I'd say Howard was the start of a real downward turn. Although we've rarely had any good choices imo.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 13:06 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

deadlegion wrote:
Our least worst options are getting worse

I (unfortunately) have to agree (on both sides of the political spectrum over the last 10ish years). Not a fan of Morrisons wacko religious inclinations but so far willing to give him a chance as it's been a surprising relief from the continuous crap of Abbott/Turnbull.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 14:46 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

forper wrote:
signofzeta wrote:

With your hatred of American foreign wars and America's "genocide" against people like the Iraqis I thought you'd love Trump?

The guys body count is about the lowest of any US President in living memory. He backed off from wiping the floor with Iran the other day when a US drone was downed. His admirals and generals were ready to go. He asked em how many would die in their planned retaliation strike. 300 was the answer. Trump was like, no, 1 drone isn't worth 300 lives.

The only time he's authorised force is payback when the Syrians targeted civilians with chemical munitions. He struck only the base responsible for the attack.

Trump loves peace and sees no reason why people (Americans or otherwise) should die at the hands of the US military unless there's a really really good reason.

Maybe you're just a hater? You sure tend to hate your own country a lot. Maybe you should move to Japan?

forper wrote:
Things Zeta hates:

1. "Collectards"
2. Star Wars
3. Disney
4. Trump
5. Foreign wars since Vietnam
6. Forper
7. America/Americans?
8. ..?

The whole thing about democracy is you can disagree and dislike your current political leadership without that meaning you're some kind of traitor. Actually that's the whole point.

Perhaps it's you who should live somewhere else. Like China.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 15:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Remember when we used to talk Star Wars? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 15:17 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

We’ve had some pretty bad choices here for the...since about the beginning I’d say. George Washington was by some accounts the richest man in the country back then and that’s not great. Of course back then you couldn’t vote if you were a woman, a slave, a native or in some cases (all of New York) a non-owner of land. So that’s like %96 of the population disenfranchised. Of course the richest guy won when only the richest %4 of the population was voting.

The current president is on record as having lied well over 10,000 times just since taking office 2.5 years ago. He’s also doesn’t read, has never really indicated that he has read a single book since buying his way out of college fifty years ago. To me that’s a new low. GWB was legit dumb, like probably a sub 90 IQ, but I have no doubt he read a lot. Way way more than I have, I’m sure. Reagan consulted astrologists which is very dangerous from a foreign policy perspective but seriously nothing compares to a guy who can’t go 7 minutes without lying and refuses to listen to anyone to the point where he can’t bring himself to even read. It’s for sure the worst yet. A dude doesn’t know jack about anything, thinks he knows more about subjects than people who have multiple doctorates and decades in the field, lies all day every day about every single thing.

There are people who are OK with that and those people would grind the entire Earth to dust on their stupid grindstone. They like his lies so much they don’t even think about launch codes. They aren’t insulted by the insults because they are all crabs in a bucket trying to bring each other down. They’ve long decided escape from the bucket is impossible so it’s best to just enjoy pulling the other crabs down when they are almost out and not think about it when it happens to them. Progress is impossible. We are all alone. “No Future” is quite a political philosophy and it’s no wonder these people voted for a traitorous illiterate liar. That part isn’t tooooo surprising. I am constantly surprised at how many actual professionals are willing to thrown away their entire careers on him, even now after his presidency has ended so many in disgrace. Some of these dipsticks have been in DC since the 70s, they spend a month in this White House and it’s over and they don’t even seem to regret it.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 16:45 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Hey, Reagan liked Star Wars!

I remember reading about star wars, talking about who was more f'ed up, star wars fans or trek fans.
SW won hands down.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 19:16 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
I remember reading about star wars, talking about who was more f'ed up, star wars fans or trek fans.
SW won hands down.

I wonder what criteria they used. I mean, the Star Trek fandom pretty much invented shipping and Mary Sue so I don't know what could top that!

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 19:27 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

takeshi666 wrote:
rein-o wrote:
SW won hands down.

I wonder what criteria they used. I mean, the Star Trek fandom pretty much invented shipping and Mary Sue so I don't know what could top that!

Lol what.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 19:33 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

It was an article I read years ago in some magazine before epi 1 came out and talking about actors and fans.
Wish I had it or knew where to look for it, it was funny as hell, talking about some women who wanted to be like Fisher so badly that they became drug addicts
and even worse.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 19:42 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

gypsy wrote:
takeshi666 wrote:
rein-o wrote:
SW won hands down.

Lol what.

"Mary Sue" comes from a parody fanfic from 1973 that made fun of the typical Star Trek fanfics. And here's what wikipedia says about shipping:

Quote:
The activity of fans creating relationships for fictional characters far predates the term. The first "ship" that became widely popular and accepted was the characters Kirk and Spock from the television show Star Trek. This began in the mid-1970s,[1] and was often referred to as Kirk/Spock, and later "K/S". This is why relationships between two men are now often referred to as "slash".

Aren't you glad to know this? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 20:31 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I really don't know what's better this or the Cozzilla.
My mind is totally blown today. I should have finished painting my 2 windows rather than this mind blown day.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 20:34 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

My life has been enriched by these factoids! ;)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 21:55 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

deadlegion wrote:
Anyway, zeta being critical of the prez, policies or whatever doesn't mean he hates his country.

audioboyz1973 wrote:
The whole thing about democracy is you can disagree and dislike your current political leadership without that meaning you're some kind of traitor. Actually that's the whole point.

Deadlegion, you haven't been here long and audioboy you haven't been reading Zeta's posts. He constantly pays out on other Americans, not just the president. He constantly praises Japan and Japanese people and their culture. So move there I say.

Page 2 of 7 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next