It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HD DVD on my Samsung QLED TV
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 21:41 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I'm sitting here one day glancing at the HD DVD collection that I have not looked at in a month of Sundays. I get the nerve to attach the HD XA1 to my Q6FN. I fire up the Matrix ,look at the TV and all i see is "No signal detected" :shock: The player is working from looking at the display on HD XA1. I unhook that and attach my Toshiba HD-A2. fire it up and lookat the TV and "No Signal detected" :shock: .got me unnerved for a little bit. Cursing Samsung :evil: . I get the LG BH100 ,hook it up and there is a picture and audio :D . I try another disc and it does not load at all "disc error" on the BH100. Can't be mad at Samsung for that one :? . I give up and leave it alone for a few days ,but start searching hdmi connection issues on Samsung QLED's. Days later I try again hooking the HD A2 to HDMi on the HDMI switcher that also has the Nvidia Shield and Xbox One X. I actually get video form the HD-A2 ,But not a shred of sound . I disconnect the soundbar HDMI arc and try the optical cable. Not happening :cry: Then I remember something from some internet posts and start disconnecting stuff. attach only the HD-A2 and reset the TV,this time HDMI is connected directly to HDMI port 1 on TV. The TV recognized a signal ,Then Video and Audio :D came through from the HD DVD disc in player. It did not last as every disc errored out at some point for the HD-A2 . :thumbdown: I got too lazy to even try the HD XA1 again. The BH100 is not reliable. I do have a LG BH200 attached to my other TV (Samsung Plasma) that tend to play without issues. Just not entthused to unhook from the plasma then to QLED. I just wanted to see HD DVD on QLED. The players are just stating to reach end of life :think:

Post subject: Re: HD DVD on my Samsung QLED TV
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2019, 10:06 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Besides the HDMI handshake troubles... maybe you just discovered HD DVD bit rot for the first time in your life.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2022, 10:23 
First post
First post

You can copy DVD to USB drive and then insert the USB drive into the USB port of your Samsung TV to play DVD on Samsung Smart TV. Besides, you can install Plex media server on your computer, create an account, and add converted DVD movies to your libraries, and stream the DVD to TV.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2022, 13:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Just to throw out an option for you, a Dr. HDMI might help. It helped me fix an EDID problem between my DVDO VP50 Pro and Edge amd the television I owned until recently.

Have a check on eBay for a used one perhaps? If not they are reasonably cheap on the HDFury website. Hope it helps. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]