It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:11

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A film holy grail has been found. Palmer Rockey in HD!
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020, 14:43 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

WOWZERS!

First off, on a personal note, I cannot believe I missed this announcement back in late 2019. Anyway, it seems Grindhouse Releasing have pulled off a major coup and are going to be releasing the legendary, and until 2015 presumed lost forever, It Happened One Sunday (to give it one of it's 97,000 different names). The now infamous and legendary masterpiece batshit crazy self-important film by notorious conman and utter lunatic Palmer Rockey! :crazy:

Grindhouse have put up a teaser on YouTube (not sure why the quality is so hokey) which seems to have the title card Love Is Deep Inside, one of the films later titles. Meaning the reels found in Los Angeles back in 2015 are probably from a later 1980 cut of the film and not the 1974 original but it's better than nothing!

EDIT: Grindhouse released a cleaned up 4K restoration clip just 4 months ago! Rockey's on his way!!! :mrgreen:

If you have no idea who this bloke is, have a read of the book his ex-wife wrote (available from Jeff and other places). It's unreal what an eejit this lad was. Yer wan funded the film basically from her post office savings. He was so convinced he was a megastar that he hired a limo to drive him to the screening of the film that he put on himself!

I bought the soundtrack album a few years ago. It was re-issued on CD as the vinyl original from 1974 is beyond hyper rare. Even if you traveled to other galaxies no one would have a copy of it (EDIT: I tell a lie, there's 2 'PR-2-LP' copies on Discogs for $275 and $450 respectively). The photo on the cover is of yer man in a rented suit in front of a bunch of locals who stood outside the theatre wondering who this lad was attending his own film! :crazy:

The YouTube clip above is, as far as I am aware, the first time in history anyone has even seen a glimpse of the film, aside from those who attended the screening back in 1974. The film is reportedly dreadful (we're talking a cavernous deep sea trench of stench that stretches TRILLIONS of miles below the benchmarks set by Battlefield Earth, Batman and Robin, Sex Lives of the Potato Men, Planet of the Pitts, Plan 9 From Outer Space and so on). Sure you can tell as much just from the video above!

Either way, this is genuinely historic as it really was thought to be destroyed and yer man died in 1994 so it may never have been found. Bring on the pre-orders!!! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Post subject: Re: A film holy grail has been found. Palmer Rockey in HD!
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2020, 19:47 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Forgive me for squealing like a 1960's Beatles fan, but there is another clip from It Happened One Weekend aka Love Is Deep Inside!!

This appears to be a trailer? An amazing treasure if they found more than just the main film cannisters! Though Grindhouse Releasing have already said that this late edit/retitle of the film is all that is left. The rest is presumed lost forever. Wishful thinking I guess!

All I want now is a 4K scan of Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave and I could very well die a happy chappy. Still, what a find! Pre ordering cannot come soon enough! :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2020, 17:05 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Hopefully another lost film like Lon Chaney's London After Midnight can be found someday as well.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2020, 19:19 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

elahrairrah wrote:
Hopefully another lost film like Lon Chaney's London After Midnight can be found someday as well.

Oh wow yes! How many films from the silent era are now presumed lost or destroyed. Very sad.

You've reminded me of the great epic Lost Horizon. I have the most complete version on the anniversary Blu Ray. Sadly I think the 7 or so remaining minutes of lost footage will remain lost forever. At least the audio is still there.

Think of all the lost treasures from Hong Kong! There's some wild films from Turkey, India etc too that were all shot on Super 8, 16mm etc that were just casually destroyed. One and done screenings etc. Such a shame.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]