It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 09:50

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: The latest Film Stories podcast is pretty much perfect
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2021, 11:55 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Don't know if anyone that visits these forums listens to podcasts or perhaps subscribes to Film Stories magazine (I subscribe to both). Yer man Simon Brew just put out the latest podcast this week and imho it's pretty much the perfect combination of two films I've been waiting for years for him to cover (at one point I was going to email him to ask if both films would ever be covered).

The latest podcast covers both films in one go! What are the odds? Those films are the mighty Costner shoot out extravaganza Open Range, and possibly one of the funniest films ever made, Top Secret!

One thing I found rather bizarre is that Open Range still lacks an HD release in the USA. Apparently it's because of earnings from the box office or something along those lines. I noticed that 101 Films have just released a Blu of Open Range in the UK yet somewhat bizarrely have only included a 2.0 stereo track and zero extras. As it stands then, the old German release is still the best out there with a 6.1 DTS-HD mix and loads of extras. Worth it for the amazing shoot out sound mix near the end of the film. One of the best you'll ever hear. I'm off to visit Jeff in Germany to go and pick up a copy so.

As for Top Secret!, what else need be said other than I am Albert Potato and that this is the Potato Farm. :lol:

https://www.filmstories.co.uk/podcast/ (The link to the podcast seems to be broken on the Film Stories web site so try this for now: https://podbay.fm/p/film-stories-with-simon-brew/e/1630281600)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]