It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:28

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: issues with TV display
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 01:07 
First post
First post

Lately I've been really wanting to have a concrete setup for watching my collection more casually/often and I don't believe my TV/'s are doing the job how I'd like.

Currently I own a Hisense U8G and a 2016/2017-ish 6000 series 4K Samsung. The Samsung was a budget model which is lacking in ports, it's also more of a bedroom TV.

The Hisense U8G is my main TV and it's got a phenomenal picture and even has an AV input and included a breakout adapter for composite which does nothing with either of my Laserdisc players (CLD-D503, CLD-D760), as it doesn't see any source. My upscaler works and is watchable but tends to have a lot of noise and audio seems very washed out.

So, more or less, I'm looking for some TV troubleshooting suggestions or recommended upscalers that could make the image/sound less screwy. Wouldn't mind some more retro ideas as well, I'd actually like a decent CRT for both LD and gaming purposes.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really just want to get my setup comfy and eventually watch all the way through my Ranma 1/2 sets!(including the horrifically painful act of unsealing them lol)

Post subject: Re: issues with TV display
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 01:54 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

My experience is with smaller TVs, largest I have is a 32 inch and its fine as long as you adjust settings down, like sharpness.
Also have an SD projector which gives me an amazing 80 inch screen.

You really need to play with settings unless you have the crazy cash to get scalers etc.

I don't own any scalers but have had LDs for many years and know what to expect and what the best image I can get without dropping 2+ grand.
All sharpness and auto correcting should be turned off or turned very low.
Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]