It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:35

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Vintage classic LaserDisc players
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 17:34 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hello there everyone!

I recently came across this website and was overjoyed to see there was finally a place where I could collaborate with other LaserDisc owners and keep a good track of my large inventory of titles and not get screwed up like I have in the past, and by the same title twice by accident lol.

This is just a general question about a couple of vintage players that are special to me. While I do have two later model newer Pioneer units, a Laser Karaoke unit, and the Marantz clone of the Pioneer, there are two players that I have had for most of my adult life that I would love to get working again but don't know what to do and no one wants to even begin to look at them.

One is the Pioneer VP-1000, that machine has special memories for me. I also own the Magnavision original silver machine that Leonard Nimoy was demonstrating in that video. Right now those two units are just display units in my collection and don't do anything, I know they both are going to need new laser tubes and I'm not sure if that's even possible. Does anybody have any ideas on that kind of thing? I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and enjoy the rest of your sunday!
VHD Disc Collector
TED Disc Collector

Post subject: Re: Vintage classic LaserDisc players
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 18:11 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I don't believe any magnavisions ever worked, or that's what I have read in the past.

As for the VP-1000 you may have to buy a parts player to cannibalize to make 1 good one.
Then you need to adjust any tube/mirrors for that laser if that's how that player works.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]