It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:55

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [PR-8210] Issue
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2023, 02:04 
First post
First post

Hello,

Apologies for not posting this in the Pioneer specific channel as I could not seem to get the forum to work there but I recently purchased a Pioneer PR-8210 and it seems to be in relatively good condition but does not function properly. When powered on, the disc motor immediately begins spinning and the laser module slides all the way to the right, and continually "clicks", when powered on again, it resumes that clicking motion repeatedly. Ive got it plugged into a CRT and have tried it with the top closed and not closed as well as with a disc inserted and not.

Here is a video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lUreRw1wqU8

I've tried to do a bit of research on this forum and other places about what the issue might be but so far have come up with nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for how to trouble shoot this?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer PR8210 Issue
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2023, 15:55 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Nobody can really repair these, so if blam posts he may know but other than that you are on your own.

Is the transit screw removed?

Could be a belt or some other issues, I've never had one of these but had the older player, be very careful as the laser might make you go blind, its
not like a CD or later LD laser.

The older one I had didn't have any belts but a cord type pulley, so something may be cracked or off track? Or switch being pressed when it shouldn't be.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer PR8210 Issue
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2023, 17:34 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The slider motor is on a pivot so when it reaches the end of the track it will make that popping noise. It's odd that the slider moves on it's own like this. No belts, it is all gear driven. The laser has a double cut-off switch in both the latch assembly and in the lid. Additionally, this model only fires the laser when the play button is pressed. First thing that comes to mind is the tracking pot. One one end of the slider is where the tracking motor drives the assembly. On the other side is a large gear on a potentiometer which tells the player 'where' the slider is ion the path. If you turn on the player and the slider is all the way to the outside, it is 'supposed' to return to 'park'. Perhaps that pot is broken.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]