It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:46

Page 13 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: how many players does LDservice have of yours?????????
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 02:21 
Hi Everyone,
My friend Glenn and I drove up to Washington State yesterday, to meet Duncan and pick up the players we dropped off with him a few months ago. As arranged, he met us at Norma's Burgers at the Nisqually exit, about half and hour north of Olympia area. He was on time and I must say, the players each looked like new, clean and detailed. We paid Duncan for the work, and had a brief chat about his intentions to recover from the disater that struck his life a few years ago. Some hours later Glen and I are in our respective homes, and are each watching movies on the players,,,flawless performance.

I don't want any of you to intamate that I am somehow connected with Duncan or somehow acting as a shill for him..Neigher is true in any way. I am just a customer that found him on the internet and sent an email. When I eventually did make the arrangements to have a player serviced, it turned out that a friend also did, so we arranged to drive our players up rather than rely on shipping. At the time, I was totally unaware that there had been problems develop in Duncan's personal live that led to a spiral of ever increasing problems and despair. The bottom line is that after the first 6 weeks or so of him having the players we dropped off, I did not get a reply to my emails from him, and I started to do an internet search to see what I could learn, and found this forum and thread. Fortunately, it was not long after that that Duncan got email going again, and got back in touch with me. From that point forward, he was responsive and discussed the assorted technical aspects of each of the players, and eventually both were done at reasonable and fair prices. I mentioned that there were some realy irate customers out here on the forum, and it was then that he filled me in on what happend in his life....I won't get into specific details, but lets just say it was a break-up of very long term relationship that involved real estate and all sorts of complications. It was when that started that also all the business problems started. Duncan tells me that the problem time IS behind him, and that he is working step by step to resolve the completion of all his old obligations. He has a new computer running and is trying to re-commect with people that he lost all the contact information for. He now HAS a place to work and home to live in, the basic requisites for getting back on ones feet. I know some of you have lost faith and are otherwise VERY pissed off, and have a right to be for sure. What I can offer is that Duncan is not happy with the past few years have been, and that he DOES want to resolve all the old issues. It may take more time as there may be work yet to do on some of the players. My suggestion at this point is to re-contact Duncan at his email address, as it is IS working, and be polite...I feel strongly that now that he has a new place and some stability in his life, that all these issues will eventually be successfully resolved. I am personally confident to the extent that I am already planning on having him work on our second LDS2 and a 30-30 that each have problems and are not functioning. I am THRILLED at the qulaity of repair of the first LDS2 that he just finished...It works as good as when it was new. If you're one of those people that are owed, now is the time to make polite contact with Duncan. He IS getting back on his feet it seems, and I do beleive that he has every intention of doing good as time and funds permit. Sorry for rambling on, but there is a lot to tell to tell the larger and whole story. For the first time in a few years, there looks to be good news and hope. Duncan was for many decades the best LD service guy in the USA...We have fewer and fewer service options these days, as places close and prople with skills die off. In my humble opinion, we as a community will be better off trying to help Duncan recover from the dasaster than to try to blanst him farther down. I beleive his intentions are honorable, and we owe it to him as a fellow human being to help him back to functionality, with a little patience and forgiveness for the blunders of the past 2 years.... now that he is indeed trying to move on and do the right thing. Anger about his mistakes is understandable, but it won't get your player fixed or shipped back any quicker. Look, he IS back, he is trying to do the right thing, he is one by one tryng to make contact with lost owners, and that is all good... He did well by my friend Glenn and for me and my husband, so much so that we are planning on having him to more work for us. If he has a player of yours and you have not heard from him in a long time, take the lead and contanct him again at this address <service@laserdiscservice.com> Please be polite. Jennifer

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 09:48 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

good moring madame,
lucky story for you.
i think that if you put between us (the list of people have at the moment problem with duncan) and him is the only way to solve this situation case seem you ve a lot of affiance in him .we have lost instead.
you ve his number phone and you know where he works.
here are 2 years that we try to comunicate with the man at service@ and start againg to get reply like '''i'm doing the work ' or other like 'pay me the player is ready' did tire us...

thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 14:08 
Duncan should offer all you guys a massive refund if you ever get you players back from him?!

everything seems to have went smooth for Mrs. Jennifer and her LD-players but not for the other guys on this forum, that is strange!?
do I smell foul play here?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 21:18 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Maybe I'm just a little naive here but based on the comments from Jennifer it was very difficult not to notice the sheer number of times Duncan was being complimented on his wonderful service! :roll:

For those who missed them I've summarised below so you don't have to read all that other waffle which doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know:

1) I must say, the players each looked like new, clean and detailed.
2) watching movies on the players,,,flawless performance.
3) he was responsive and discussed the assorted technical aspects of each of the players, and eventually both were done at reasonable and fair prices.
4) I am already planning on having him work on our second LDS2 and a 30-30 that each have problems and are not functioning.
5) I am THRILLED at the qulaity of repair of the first LDS2 that he just finished...
6) It works as good as when it was new.
7) Duncan was for many decades the best LD service guy in the USA.

As you can see the comments repeat themselves multiple times as if to really hammer home the points. Totally fake. If you believe those you'd believe anything. In fact it is one of the prime reasons so many people have been conned to date.

Jennifer is even so bold as to suggest sending another two players to him when everyone else is left waiting for up to 3 years with no response......unbelievable.

Also why do people have to do all the work and connect with him - a man who has gone out of his way to make himself virtually impossible to contact.......they have already paid their money and are awaiting their machines back. The onus should be 100% on Duncan to turn this situation around and fast if he wants to retain any credibility in his tattered reputation.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 22:51 
I am holding off on bringing more work to Duncan to allow time for attention to all the other players and obligations that need to be addressed before I get additional services. I am sure he could use my money, but he also needs to address the needs of those that got caught up in the previous few years. The truth about my circumstances has been fully exposed here and there is NOTHING to read between the lines about. We all know that Duncan has made some really bad mistakes with a few clients when his life basically blew up, and those owers are rightfully pretty vocal here in the forum, but please, let me remind you that he has re-surfaced, and he is trying to get these old obligations resolved. I can point to many other situations that I have seen in the speciatly auto parts business, also one or 2 man operations, where consmers were left with huge losses,in some cases thousands and tens of thousands, when an outfit folded with few deliveries...at least in this case, he is back and working...and I am trying to say that the qulaity of work that Glen and I got on our players was very good...not some shoddy scrap together patch up. I am trying to point out that that there is hope now, not the hoplessness of any sort good resolution that existed a year ago. The only vested interest I have in all of this is that I still have 2 expensive LD players that are completely non functional that I eventually want fixed...if some or even one of you out there make hell for Duncan now, when he is finally coming back to try and do the right thing, and that drives him away, then we all loose....Try to see the bigger picture here in spite of anger...and don't be a whining baby about it...Everyone that has been part of this list NEEDS to get players back, and running well. It cant happen overnight...but one by one, it should happen... I hope it happens, and from Duncan told me, he wants to get this behind him too... You are ALL better served by being civil and polite, and getting your gear back working, instead of blowing a hissy fit and screwing it up for the rest of us that want to have all this come to a reasonable and successful conclusion for both past oblogations, and for future needs. AND stop speculating that I am somehow a shill or in kahoots with Duncan...thats just plain stupid.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015, 17:28 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Some, if not many, of the "lost" owners are active users at this forum, shouldn't be that hard of a problem giving them a PM. If Ldservice should be treated in a polite manner, he should also give something back in return as an apology for those involved.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015, 18:19 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

is possible to join the 2 thread in 1 single?
some write here some in the other..

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2015, 16:30 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Also why do people have to do all the work and connect with him - a man who has gone out of his way to make himself virtually impossible to contact.......they have already paid their money and are awaiting their machines back. The onus should be 100% on Duncan to turn this situation around and fast if he wants to retain any credibility in his tattered reputation.

laserpaal wrote:
Some, if not many, of the "lost" owners are active users at this forum, shouldn't be that hard of a problem giving them a PM. If Ldservice should be treated in a polite manner, he should also give something back in return as an apology for those involved.

I can't speak for others, but these two posts both encapsulate how I personally feel about the notion of politely e-mailing Duncan, especially since I know that Duncan is monitoring these threads (his last login was September 4th).

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2015, 18:23 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

i don't mean to stir any pots here, but i am beginning to wonder if "Jennifer" is in fact Duncan himself, attempting to clue you all in to his current status in life,
and reassure you all that he's attempting to do the best he can with the cards in his hand, in a very circumspect fashion,
as to avoid further complications to his already difficult situation?!?

i mean, this whole affair IS IN FACT DOING DAMAGE to his valuable reputation, but perhaps he simply cannot help this,
and is simply approaching the problem as best as he can, or at least knows how to?

just a thought, fairly left of center, and likely not at all even remotely close to the truth...

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2015, 02:28 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

tasuke wrote:
i don't mean to stir any pots here, but i am beginning to wonder if "Jennifer" is in fact Duncan himself, attempting to clue you all in to his current status in life,
and reassure you all that he's attempting to do the best he can with the cards in his hand, in a very circumspect fashion,
as to avoid further complications to his already difficult situation?!?

Could be. Or it's a shill. Or someone who's being genuine. We don't know and probably won't.

I know it's a s**t situation for everyone involved, but I doubt slagging anyone off is really going to make the situation better at this point. I do really hope everything gets sorted for everyone.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015, 05:05 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

So, since it has been nearly a month since Jennifer's player was completed (see the post at the top of this particular page), I'm going to post this general inquiry to both threads.

Has anybody heard from Duncan regarding their players?
Has anybody actually had a player returned to them?

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 04:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Not yet here. Maybe someone else has.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 15:39 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

:roll: :yawn:

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 16:05 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

and everything was silent....
:roll:

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 20:29 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yes silent as Duncan walked away with all of our players.
He sent me an email a while ago saying that he would send my player back as is without repair.
but that was over 6 months ago, another lie from a soulless person who still has his site up to catch more fish and scam them.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 20:43 
can't ya'll slap him in the face with a group lawsuit?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 17:31 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Just FYI in case you guys didnt realize this person is responding to emails and accepting new customers...

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 18:43 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

He hasn't responded to any recent emails I have sent. Have you been in communication with him recently?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 13:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I sent an email asking about sending a player in, got a response in a matter of hours.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 13:29 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Oh really? Now that's suspicious.

Page 13 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next