It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:18

Page 14 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: how many players does LDservice have of yours?????????
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 15:01 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

If this are to be true, he's acting like a spider trying to weave you into his web.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 16:05 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

pbiancardi only joined the forum in October 2015 so I would take what they are saying with a pince of salt.
Friends of LDService don't seem to stick around here very long before they vanish like a puff of smoke, never to be seen nor heard of again.

Just another troll....don't take the bait guys and whatever you do don't send LDService your laserdisc players for repair if you ever want to see them again in this lifetime.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 18:40 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I do hope you guys get all your equipment back but I have strong doubts about that.
It's sad to see all this speculating while nobody really knows what happened with Duncan.
Almost shipped (never asked him for info to be honnest) a player once myself but then I realized why would I trust a person who never shown me any proof about his work...

this topic lights up like a christmas tree every now and then but I guess it's safe to say it's over :thumbdown:
Help out where I can locally but I would never dream of shipping or repairing a player for people outside the Benelux.
I had some people coming over for small repairs. I'm no pro, far from it but I managed to get things working.

Anyway,

Hope 2016 is the year we make contact :lol: (with Duncan)
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 19:49 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

all this is just too damned sad. for a time there i was even interested in sending Duncan my CLD-3030
so he could give it a once over and bring everything back up to factory spec or better.

for the most part, i learned how to do it myself, giving the player a full tear-down and rebuild.
it works beautifully now.

i did have issues a couple/three years back with my player's VSOP main processing PCB,
as i messed it up in a mod i was attempting. i contacted Duncan in search of a replacement VSOP.

he couldn't help me there, but he was kind to me, even gifting these to me
knowing the PIONEER fan i was. too bad that it seems that the man has somehow seemed to have rather flipped his lid so to speak...

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 01:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
pbiancardi only joined the forum in October 2015 so I would take what they are saying with a pince of salt.
Friends of LDService don't seem to stick around here very long before they vanish like a puff of smoke, never to be seen nor heard of again.

Just another troll....don't take the bait guys and whatever you do don't send LDService your laserdisc players for repair if you ever want to see them again in this lifetime.

Troll this, my point is that the guy is answering emails and taking on new business while apparently screwing all of you, I was trying to help, thanks for being a jerk...

upload pic

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 12:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

pbiancardi wrote:
laserdisc_fan wrote:

Troll this, my point is that the guy is answering emails and taking on new business while apparently screwing all of you, I was trying to help, thanks for being a jerk...

upload pic

I do not have any equipment with Duncan or any connection with him but have advised two (UK) LD owners NOT to send anything to LDservice this year alone, he does appear to be responding to some contacts made.

laserdisc_fan has not responded to your post in an appropriate manner.

pbiancardi you thought you were being helpful & you are - I am sure the post will be quite enlightening & will show what the guy is all about. Please don't let the thoughtless unwarranted inappropriate response from one user deter you from posting here, a valuable & helpful posting.

The rest of you unfortunate folk here who have units or cash paid to Duncan have something solid to work with now, do not waste the opportunity that a fellow member has provided for you.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 13:05 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

So pbiancardi has finally decided to share some contact details for LDService rather than just tease everyone with the usual 'he's still responding' nonsense we have had to endure for 2+ years. Everyone can thank me for at least managing to squeeze that out of him as it was clearly not forthcoming before. My response was a deliberate attempt to get something more tangible by calling his bluff and it worked. :lol:

I hope it proves useful to someone....anyone - but I would highly doubt it since:
a) no one has been prepared to actually visit LDService so what use is an address?
b) he constantly changes his address anyway
c)That same address has been circulated many times before.
Just search for Frenchie Lane in the forum and you will find it so it doesn't prove a thing.

I still stand by what I said that anyone sending money or posting players to LDService is unlikely to ever see their player or their money again.
If LDService is so great according to pbiancardi how come no one else has any good news to report?
Funny that even his email response is partially a lie ......'have been unable to update the website' .....unwilling more like.

I admit I may have been wrong and pbiancardi might not be a troll.....but if he has fallen for this clap trap he sure is a sucker!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 13:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
So pbiancardi has finally decided to share some contact details for LDService rather than just tease everyone with the usual 'he's still responding' nonsense we have had to endure for 2+ years. Everyone can thank me for at least managing to squeeze that out of him as it was clearly not forthcoming before. My response was a deliberate attempt to get something more tangible by calling his bluff and it worked. :lol:

I hope it proves useful to someone....anyone - but I would highly doubt it since:
a) no one has been prepared to actually visit LDService so what use is an address?
b) he constantly changes his address anyway
c)That same address has been circulated many times before.
Just search for Frenchie Lane in the forum and you will find it so it doesn't prove a thing.

I still stand by what I said that anyone sending money or posting players to LDService is unlikely to ever see their player or their money again.
If LDService is so great according to pbiancardi how come no one else has any good news to report?
Funny that even his email response is partially a lie ......'have been unable to update the website' .....unwilling more like.

I admit I may have been wrong and pbiancardi might not be a troll.....but if he has fallen for this clap trap he sure is a sucker!

Dude how stupid are you? Why don't you look at my previous posts before calling me names? I saw this thread and figured I would send the guy an email to see if I could get you guys any info and you react like a clueless idiot? Did I ever even imply anything positive? No one is saying to send him anything I am just pointing out that he is still operating which i thought could help. I was trying to help you guys out but apparently you are too idiotic to realize my obvious point so f off a hole.

Sorry have to add because I am so insanley pissed at you. Where did I say to send him something? Where did I say anything positive? How can you possibly have missed my intent? Did you think I joined this forum with my real name, posted multiple threads trying to get my players fixed all while lying in wait for months to try and trick you? I hope all of your players blow up and stop working, hope all of your discs drown in a massive flood that destroys everything you own....

And no you didn't masterfully "call my bluff" and get me to be forthcoming with information that I was "holding back", all you did was act like a complete moron.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 15:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Well I for one thank you, others are to chickens**t to post Duncan's address and they all want to kiss his a** to hope they will get their player in 5 years.

This isn't the first time has done this, I was told he did this with Grasshopper, kept his player for 6 years and that was about 8 years ago.
so he really knows how to rail people.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 15:42 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

pbiancardi wrote:
stupid.... clueless idiot....idiotic....f off a hole....complete moron....

Anything else you want to add to that list of insults you are slinging?

At least you have revealed your true colours to everyone and I hope you get barred from the forum permanently for your unnecessary use of offensive language.

By the way my players and discs are all working just fine thanks whereas it seems you have been plagued by broken machines and nothing but bad luck .....I wonder why!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 15:58 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:

At least you have revealed your true colours to everyone and I hope you get barred from the forum permanently for your unnecessary use of offensive language.

By the way my players and discs are all working just fine thanks whereas it seems you have been plagued by broken machines and nothing but bad luck .....I wonder why!

Last post - I meant every word I said and I stand by it, you reacted like an idiot, didn't bother to look at any of my posts before attacking me in a moronic fashion. You made one stupid post then when I pointed out that you were misinterpreting my intent you doubled down and made maybe the most idiotic, stupid, moronic post I have ever read so I say again f off a hole.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 16:13 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

LD Fan - a couple of posts back I really thought your next post might be an apology 'cos you got the wrong end of the stick here - after all no one's perfect.

I took pbiancardi's post from the outset to be exactly what he/she described it to be - passing on information that this guy appears to still be at it, taking in players and customers to only end up ripping them off.

Sorry but after reading your last posts I can't bite my tongue any more, unfortunately what you are now engaging in looks like the most troll-like behaviour I've seen on this forum in my relatively short time on it.

Please take the time to read those posts again and see if you can't take something different from it.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 16:31 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

^I second this. There was no need to attack pbiancardi especially after he made the point of his original post very clear. I get it, you're pissed, but that doesn't mean every new forum member is part of some conspiracy to drum up business for ldservice.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 17:53 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

pbiancardi wrote:
laserdisc_fan wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:

Last post - I meant every word I said and I stand by it, you reacted like an idiot, didn't bother to look at any of my posts before attacking me in a moronic fashion. You made one stupid post then when I pointed out that you were misinterpreting my intent you doubled down and made maybe the most idiotic, stupid, moronic post I have ever read so I say again f off a hole.

To laserdisc_fan...... PLEASE try to understand with a clear head why pbiancardi posted & the reactions from other posters.

I see him/her as someone who was genuinely trying to help, a very helpful post.

PLEASE keep this at the very least civil & THINK before hitting the keyboard.

As previously mentioned the information gives those with units or funds with Duncan something solid to go on, perhaps time for you all affected to get together & talk to each other rather than posting ill thought & rather childish comments here.

Sorry laserdisc_fan but you should know better than to paint with a broad brush before thinking - or I hope you posted in haste before thinking, name calling & asking for members to be banned?!?..... get a grip & calm down please.

I love this site & the forum, let's all keep it as it should be - friendly & informative for the good of everyone please.

Hope something productive comes of this at the end whenever that may be.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 18:37 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

We've had our fair share of trolls on the forum over the years.

First the bogus supporters of Dadon who rallied to his support when some customer service issues
surfaced and then swiftly disappeared never to be heard of again.

Then a very determined batch of Star Wars fanatics who wanted to make their own definitive version of the movies from every source available and practically took over the forum for a year with a seemingly endless list of silly questions.

Then the infamous jennifer who tried repeatedly to put some polish on LDService's very tainted reputation, despite all the mounting evidence to the contrary.

Every time we had a plethora of people on the forum run to their defence. Still it has made for some very funny threads to revisit at a later stage!

So I don't think it was unreasonable to question someone, especially a relative newbie when all they initially post is LDService is still responding and that's it. We have known for some time he has been responding to new potential customers who haven't yet sent players to him or sent money so this is hardly new information. Am I missing something? What we don't know is why isn't he responding to any of his current customers who have sent him players and/or paid for the repair work to already be done. Some of those people have been left high and dry for what must be approaching 3 years now. I've already mentioned I was indirectly affected by LDService myself - luckily the guy I was waiting on got his player back and was able to conclude the transaction but it was a very long wait for both of us still so I know what people are going through.

So pbiancardi isn't a troll but he hasn't exactly brought much new information to the table and his responses are highly offensive no matter how you judge them. That's why I was asking for more to see where he was coming from because this type of thing has happened many times before on the forum. Even rein-o says others on the forum are too afraid to raise their voice and have simply sat on the fence hoping it will all work out good in the end. Maybe it will, maybe it wont but I'm honestly past caring at this stage given the responses I've seen.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 19:15 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
We've had our fair share of trolls on the forum over the years.

First the bogus supporters of Dadon who rallied to his support when some customer service issues
surfaced and then swiftly disappeared never to be heard of again.

Then a very determined batch of Star Wars fanatics who wanted to make their own definitive version of the movies from every source available and practically took over the forum for a year with a seemingly endless list of silly questions.

Then the infamous jennifer who tried repeatedly to put some polish on LDService's very tainted reputation, despite all the mounting evidence to the contrary.

Every time we had a plethora of people on the forum run to their defence. Still it has made for some very funny threads to revisit at a later stage!

So I don't think it was unreasonable to question someone, especially a relative newbie when all they initially post is LDService is still responding and that's it. We have known for some time he has been responding to new potential customers who haven't yet sent players to him or sent money so this is hardly new information. Am I missing something? What we don't know is why isn't he responding to any of his current customers who have sent him players and/or paid for the repair work to already be done. Some of those people have been left high and dry for what must be approaching 3 years now. I've already mentioned I was indirectly affected by LDService myself - luckily the guy I was waiting on got his player back and was able to conclude the transaction but it was a very long wait for both of us still so I know what people are going through.

So pbiancardi isn't a troll but he hasn't exactly brought much new information to the table and his responses are highly offensive no matter how you judge them. That's why I was asking for more to see where he was coming from because this type of thing has happened many times before on the forum. Even rein-o says others on the forum are too afraid to raise their voice and have simply sat on the fence hoping it will all work out good in the end. Maybe it will, maybe it wont but I'm honestly past caring at this stage given the responses I've seen.

You asked..... Am I missing something? - sorry to say but I think you are, reread your post.

You are perhaps taking a rather over-assumptive role & your reaction was not fair, a bit a arrogant to say the very least.

Someone came on here with a VERY informative post whatever way you want to look at it. They confirmed what many people perhaps already knew but solid confirmation has got to be useful.

PLEASE chill out.

Again, I really hope something eventually comes of this - sad for all.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 01:11 
Serious fan
Serious fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
We've had our fair share of trolls on the forum over the years...

I wouldn't call the people doing Star Wars preservations "trolls". In the absence of a clean official release of the original cuts, the SW community has sourced everything from VHS to 35mm prints to reconstruct an authentic Original Trilogy experience. I love the fact that LD still has greater significance and relevance like this. Beyond just being an obsolete media to collect, the SW LDs were still relevant for their content and one project even had an X0 for their preservation. Bringing people like the SW folks into LD like this is a good thing, and answering their "silly" questions wasn't that silly if you look at the big picture.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 02:02 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Exactly. it kind of makes it hard to bring new blood into a fanbase when the elite of any given one
often tends to shut out the "Noobs"

we were all "Noobs" once, you know. few, if any of us became knowledgeable fans in absolute isolation.
who's going to "Pass the Faith" along if no one is willing to?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2015, 18:32 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

tasuke wrote:
Exactly. it kind of makes it hard to bring new blood into a fanbase when the elite of any given one
often tends to shut out the "Noobs"

we were all "Noobs" once, you know. few, if any of us became knowledgeable fans in absolute isolation.
who's going to "Pass the Faith" along if no one is willing to?

I couldnt agree more. Some tend to get way to hostile here. Cool down and welcome new users even if their questions might be seen as "wierd/pointless".

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 17:21 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Do we have any trustworthy forum members in Washington who could act as a proxy? It seems the only claim we've had of someone getting their player back in the last two years, was from someone who physically met up with him. I was out there in September and am kind of kicking myself for not renting a car and driving out to the repair shack in the woods. The guy does respond to emails...until you ask about more concrete time estimates, then silence. Or perhaps the computer "crashed" for the 3rd or 4th or 5th time or whatever it's up to now :roll:

Page 14 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next