It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:27

Page 12 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: how many players does LDservice have of yours?????????
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 23:13 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

The LD-S2 I remember was pretty close or was done and ready to ship and this s**t happen. Unfortunately I no longer have emails from this year or before {almost deleted everything in my gmail except for this year pretty much and the PMs on here. luckily I have the paypal statements that I paid him for.

but from memory sort of:
Pioneer PD-5700 to get fix [missing lens] couldn’t source a new part. finally told him to do what he wants with it.

Lexicon LDD-1 optical out mod working on fixing it since the mod did’t work

built to order LDS-2 with Rosewood panels and remote, with mod

Freebies (don't care if I get them from him as I can probably buys these)
LD-V2000 manual
LD-V2000 cord to hook up to a computer something like this
possibly a new hood/bonnet for CLD-V2400

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2015, 10:10 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

xtempo wrote:
The LD-S2 I remember was pretty close or was done and ready to ship and this s**t happen.

Back in Nov 2014 there were 2 complaints on this bulletin board - now there are 8:

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/b ... complaints

Seems other people were told a similiar story that he was ready to ship and they got nothing even after paying for the work and return shipping. Don't know how this is going to pan out now but it doesn't look good given he is bankrupt.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2015, 05:44 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The last info on my player was that it was almost finished. Mine didn't need any parts. Just re-greasing and laser alignment.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2015, 00:16 
Greetings everyone...Duncan has only one of my players, an LDS2, but he also has another one, a lower model, that belongs to a friend of mine.
We live near Portland Oregon. Earlier in 2015 I contacted Duncan by email from his website and arranged to meet him at a restaurant in Nisqually Washington, right at the I-5 freeway. He said at the time that he was living way out in the woods and it was hard to find, hence his desire to meet me and my friend at a better location for drop off of the players. On the morning we drove up to meet him I called his [ EDIT: Duncan has asked me to remove his phone number...please use the email address as it is working again ] number from the road, and he answered, confirming the location we were to meet.

EDIT: Removed no longer relavant text

EDIT: The e-mail address everyone already has is working again and he is answering emails.
EDIT the email address is <service@laserdiscservice.com> Now alive and well again....GOOD NEWS!!!!
Jennifer

Last edited by Guest on 06 Aug 2015, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2015, 01:55 
I just got an email from Duncan....August 4 2015

He tells me that his health has been poor, but that he is alive and working. He and his partner of many years, Jody, have seperated, and as such he no longer has her help either.

The good news is that he is alive!....the reality is that work on my LDS2 is going slow.

This is the email address that he answered... service@laserdiscservice.com EDIT: DUncan has asked me to remove his phone number...Please use the email address , as he NOW has that functioning again.

More later...I will report as it progresses.

Jennifer

Last edited by Guest on 06 Aug 2015, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2015, 13:39 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

WOW, Thanks for the info.
I didn't even think he had any phone line anymore, or at least not to give out to anybody.

I bet that phone is ringing right now from all over, I guess i'll give a call in a day or so to see what is really up.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2015, 01:14 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Thank's for getting some updated info. Hopefully those that have been waiting the longest, will be the ones he finishes first.

Got a reply tonight from Duncan. Sometimes life throws you a few bumpy curves. He's not out to get anyone. So just hang in there if you can :thumbup:

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 01:53 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I sent him an email 3 days ago and nothing.
Seems like he is up to his Scamming ways again :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 07:30 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Did you try calling the good phone number before it was redacted, rein-o? It sounds like Duncan has had some hard times, and that should be allowed for, but if he still can't answer his email I see nothing wrong with giving him a call considering how long so many have waited on some expensive players and repair bills.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 22:12 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

The real issue here is not if I called but why is Duncan still taking on new work if he can't get the old stuff done or sent out......

and he has enough energy to paint the barn where he is living at right now, i guess his back is not an issue anymore.......

To Jennifer, if he has your player and you don't get it back in a few weeks take him to court.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 19:00 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Yeah, it's pretty stunning that Duncan is still taking in work like Jennifer's S2 in 2015 with his existing backlog, lack of communication with worried customers, and the BBB labeling Bayview as presumed out of business.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015, 07:47 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

jennifer wrote:
EDIT: DUncan has asked me to remove his phone number...Please use the email address , as he NOW has that functioning again.

I think this pretty well confirms that Duncan is well aware of this thread...and unfortunately, I think this pretty well confirms our suspicions (or at least mine). I've been biting my tongue a lot on this subject...but I'm going to cease doing so.

Since Duncan is apparently aware of this thread, I'm going to openly call BS on several things. First, regarding his claims of the laserdiscservice.com e-mail address not 'working'...HE OWNS THE f***ing DOMAIN NAME (and has since 2002)! On top of that, it is hosted by GoDaddy, and while I've never personally dealt with them, I really have a hard time believing that such a well-established hosting provider, dealing with both personal and professional hosting, would risk losing customers over their e-mail servers not 'working'. Simple test: has anybody had an email bounce back from him as being undeliverable? I never did.

While I respect his privacy in not wanting what might be his personal phone number posted on the internet, I do NOT respect the fact that he is taking on new work despite having a sizable (and how large is it, really?) backlog of projects dating back well over two years at this point.

Duncan, when you read this, let me say that I'm not impersonal to an individual's strife -- life really, really sucks at times. That being said, though, *many* people in this thread (and, I imagine elsewhere) have given you the benefit of the doubt in their dealings with you, and you are, frankly, s****ing on them, whether you realize it or not. If you are unable to do the work, I don't think anybody here will hold that against you -- but at least *attempt* to make things right.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 11:18 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

if what's posted is true. my LDS2 was packed and ready so then why not send it and then work on new incoming LDS2s so it wouldn't get mixed up.

I have to write things down as a hardcopy of what I need to do or remember since my memory fails me at times.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 13:12 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

The only possible explanation for LDService taking on new work when he hasn't finished the previous backlog is he is looking after himself....No 1 and couldn't care less about anyone else.

He knows he can't make any of the previous people waiting for players happy because he has burned his bridges.
None of those people will be rushing to send him any more players anytime soon unless they are insane.

Best case they will get their players back eventually if and when he decides to do the work which could take forever.
Worst case they wont and there isn't a lot they can do since all of them who paid money waited beyond the normal time limits of raising a paypal dispute.

So given he is holding all the cards I can see why he has taken on new work. Easy money from some new kid on the block.
Which makes me think how do we know this jennifer (who has never posted here before) isn't another impostor.....perhaps a friend of LDService to make him look better than he is? To me the whole thing looks fishy.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 19:21 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

laserdisc_fan wrote:
The only possible explanation for LDService taking on new work when he hasn't finished the previous backlog is he is looking after himself....No 1 and couldn't care less about anyone else.

I totally agree with this assertion. The big question that I have, though, is whether there's really *that* much money (or players which could theoretically be sold) rolling in from all of it...and even if there is, I have to imagine that his potential income stream is going to eventually be dwindled down by things such as the responses on this thread.

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Best case they will get their players back eventually if and when he decides to do the work which could take forever.

Honestly, in my last attempted correspondence with him, I didn't even ask him to do the work at that point (which, as far as I know, never actually began) -- I simply asked for my player to be returned. That was eight months ago, and Duncan has yet to respond. The guy may have legitimate personal problems, perhaps even mental health issues beyond what is "known" (and I put that in quotes because, frankly, what do any of us really know here?), but given the things being posted here, and especially the amount of time some people have been left hanging, I believe our players (and money) are gone.

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Which makes me think how do we know this jennifer (who has never posted here before) isn't another impostor.....perhaps a friend of LDService to make him look better than he is? To me the whole thing looks fishy.

"...How do we know he's *not* Mel Torme?" (Sorry, I couldn't resist that quote)
In all seriousness, I think our friendly Administrator could easily answer at least part of this question for us (whether it might be Duncan posing as someone else) by checking IP addresses. Outside of that possibility, might Jennifer be a friend of Duncan's, trying to add a little luster to his tarnished image? Possibly, but the truth of the matter here is that Jennifer is echoing the *exact* same promises Duncan has made to others over the past several years, so if that is really her intention, I doubt anybody who has encountered this thread (which it might be a good idea to begin spreading elsewhere at this point) is going to seriously consider those claims as credible.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 04:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It's possible that he didn't have a working computer to read the e-mail, I remember at one point his desktop failed and he was using a (probably cheap) tablet to post here.

(I had seen that foreclosure document, but felt like it would be impolite to put it here...)

But in any case this has gone on far, far too long. I mean if I was being called out like this, I'd feel utterly horrible, but I think I'd at least eek out a sentence or two here. And then, hopefully, work out a plan to make things right.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 05:43 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

happycube wrote:
It's possible that he didn't have a working computer to read the e-mail, I remember at one point his desktop failed and he was using a (probably cheap) tablet to post here.

(I had seen that foreclosure document, but felt like it would be impolite to put it here...)

But in any case this has gone on far, far too long. I mean if I was being called out like this, I'd feel utterly horrible, but I think I'd at least eek out a sentence or two here. And then, hopefully, work out a plan to make things right.

Happycube, if he can use a "cheap" tablet to access the forum, I can't imagine why he'd be unable to either set it up for e-mail correspondence or use webmail (which I imagine GoDaddy! provides. My domain host isn't *nearly* that well known, and they still provide both webmail and traditional POP-mail access). Granted, it is still possible that he simply might not know (or have known) how to set up an e-mail account (...), but even if that's the case, if he's been using this forum VIA a tablet, it is worth pointing out that he last logged in on the 5th of this month. Given Jennifer's comments, I think it is very likely that he has seen this thread (how else would he have known that she posted his phone number, unless she told him elsewhere?)...so why not send some of the people on this thread a PM? Why not at least *try* to establish contact with people?

Honestly, I hope that I am wrong about this, that there's just a big misunderstanding and that he's having trouble sourcing parts or whatnot. I certainly don't want to slag anyone in public, even if they do deserve it. Realistically, though, given the amount of time which has elapsed, the overall lack of meaningful responses from him and the statements from others that he told them long ago their players were ready, yet they've never been delivered, I find it hard to believe that's the case.

All I can personally say is that I really wish I had seen Hauntmedoitagain's comments regarding Duncan before I sent him my player...and that's why I hope that, until Duncan decides to make things right (if he ever does so), this thread stays active and well-known.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 09:30 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

There is way too much correlation between the new LDDB forum user Jennifer suddenly deciding to post out of the blue (with some good news) and LDService visiting the forum when he hadn't visited it in months.

I have my own theories about who Jennifer really is.
All I'm going to say is I smell a rat as this exact same pattern happened before on this very forum.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 16:29 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I happened to find the "yelp" page regarding Bayview Electronics yesterday, and there's a post there regarding Bayview from a "Jen W." in Lake Oswego, Oregon, which is essentially an expanded version of Jennifer's post to this board. This user has posted a few other reviews:
http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid ... 8QyeNRHxvQ
So even if Jennifer is someone who is trying to rehab Duncan's image, I would honestly say that it isn't doing a lot in this case. Jennifer hasn't received her player yet -- just the same "assurances" that everybody else has received, and until *any* of the people who have been promised that their player is shipping (the classic "the check's in the mail" routine) actually receives it, I'm going to chalk this up as another example of people being misled.

Oh, and Happycube, I didn't find the foreclosure document, but I did find an ALTA commitment (if the Duncan A. Hunter of Olympia, Washington is our Duncan...it seems likely, since the document also mentions a Jody Hunter [see the previous comment from Jennifer], along with the fact that Olympia is right next to Yelm [which is where I sent my player]) which mentions the judgment, but also seems to provide some interesting context for things (the most interesting of which, if the address listed is Duncan's current address, is the explicit mention that the property is to be used "for residential purposes only"...).

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 07:20 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Just so everyone here knows, I have collected the info from this thread and put up a new post in the "caveat emptor" section, where the issue will hopefully get more visibility:
AVOID Duncan Hunter/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice.com

Page 12 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next