It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:26

Page 16 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: how many players does LDservice have of yours?????????
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 21:05 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Interesting for sure. I hope everyone gets their players back.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 02:24 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I must say this is not a plot twist I saw coming. This is awesome.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 08:43 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Is there an HLD-XO in there? That's probably mine, or if there are more than one, mines the best one, in the best condition. Thanks!

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 09:01 
Site Admin
Site Admin

pobodys_nerfect wrote:
Is there an HLD-XO in there? That's probably mine, or if there are more than one, mines the best one, in the best condition. Thanks!

=> If you or someone you know lost a unit to this fiasco, please be prepared to provide some sort of evidence that you are the owner of the unit you would like to claim.

Your call.

Julien

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 13:46 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I want to make sure this doesn't get buried.
Also since Joey is a reseller I'm sure after the fact that he will be selling off players, it will all depend on costs and condition.
Seems from what I understand from reading below and thinking about it that Duncan just kept telling others to keep sending him players
to fix and then we have this situation.

joeyburton1988 wrote:
I am a reseller who owns a small retail store in Olympia, WA. About a week ago, I was contacted by a woman claiming to be the estranged wife of Duncan Hunter. She informed me that her home was filled with LD players and that she wanted them gone so that she could begin the process of renovating. The woman claimed that her husband owned an LD service/repair shop and that he had collected the players over the course of his career. She said that there were at least 80-100 players and nearly 1000 discs in the home and that her husband had no interest in dealing with the mess. Apparently, he does not live with her or even in the county any longer.

When I arrived at the home I was astounded by the sheer amount of electronics, parts, and discs present. There were well over 200 players stacked in the garage and inside the home, some in boxes and some not. I have never seen so many LD players in one place! I like to think that I am a pretty good judge of character, and the woman's story seemed legit, so I made a deal with her and began the process of removing all of the electronics from the home and garage. It took quite some time and many trips, but eventually, I got everything transferred to my storage facility.

Once I finished removing the players and discs from the home, I began the process of taking inventory. I quickly realized that something was amiss because every box that I opened had repair orders or printed email communications detailing requests for repair. It didn't seem as though the repairs had been made to these units, nor was there any sort of obvious resolution based on the lack of response from Hunter. This piqued my interest, so I decided to do a bit of research on Bayview Electronic Repair and Duncan Hunter himself. Obviously, I found this thread and began to realize the extent of the situation. I never imagined that I was going to get mixed up in something this seemingly devious and complex, but here I am.

I am not interested in selling ill-begotten items. My hope in posting this reply is that someone will see it and get in touch with me. I know that many users on this forum have been following the saga of Hunter, and some have more information than others. If you are one of the users who knows many of the owners of these machines, please reach out to me at the email address provided below. I have been contacting the people listed on the packages, but very few of them answer or get back to me. It has been such a long time since they originally sent these machines to Hunter (in some cases 10+ years), and it seems that many have moved on and are not interested in getting their property back. However, there are quite a few high-value units here, and I feel like the owners would like to know that I have them.

If you or someone you know lost a unit to this fiasco, please be prepared to provide some sort of evidence that you are the owner of the unit you would like to claim. Together with the documentation I have, we should be able to track down your unit pretty easily. I am a full-time reseller, business owner, and husband, so please be patient. I hope to be diligent in my search for the owners of these players, but I don't have a huge amount of time to commit. Ultimately, I just want to do what is right.

Joey Burton - Olympia Resale
joeyburton1988@gmail.com

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 14:20 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I might be screwed since he said he was building the LD-S2 for me and told me to pay for it rather quickly because of some other person was interested. At one point he said was going to ship but this all was a rouse probably to get money though I am waiting on what Joey finds out or finds anything of mine including the Lexicon LDD-1 he was suppose to be modding.

2017 was terrible year as my mother died and I put stuff in storage that I now have been able to get out of in my new place. I moved in 2018 after school. it has been a mess and I sorta gave up hope but now I don't want to get my hopes up too high but at least have some closure.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 02:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If for some reason anyone still has their box or a photo of the back of their player, you might can get your serial.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 03:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

cplusplus wrote:
If for some reason anyone still has their box or a photo of the back of their player, you might can get your serial.

Serials would be best indeed but I am quite sure not everyone wrote down theirs (or lost the paper where it's written!).

Or the courier/delivery tracking # that was used to ship to LDService?

Maybe some email address that was use to communicate with Duncan (and around what month/year) since he seemed to print the requests and put in the box with the player?

Or some obvious cosmetic flaw that would make the player (along with the model #) easy to identify.

Julien

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 05:01 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

admin wrote:
Or some obvious cosmetic flaw that would make the player (along with the model #) easy to identify.

Good idea. I have one player here where the 'E' in "Elite" on the front has a small scratch through the upper portion. Everything else is pristine.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 10:12 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

joeyburton1988 wrote:
My hope in posting this reply is that someone will see it and get in touch with me.
Joey Burton - Olympia Resale
joeyburton1988@gmail.com

I emailed a day or so ago but it may have looked like spam or something, it was a google drive document share which is just the same pdf I posted years ago in the other "Duncan" thread here, with emails from 2015 about a CLD-79.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bys6eL ... 1ZPi0FEhuA

So the TLDR is I had a CLD-79 sent directly to him from an ebay seller in august 2015
If there is a box that says from Scott Davis, Denver, CO, and it's a CLD-79 inside, that's mine.

I'd pay something for your efforts on top of the shipping to get it.

It's very stand-up of you to bother to find this forum and the rightful owners. Thank you sincerely.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2021, 03:56 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any good news/happy ending from successfully recovering a player from Duncan's vault?

Julien

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2021, 10:38 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

admin wrote:
Any good news/happy ending from successfully recovering a player from Duncan's vault?

Julien

I have yet to hear from Joey. I emailed a second time to follow up but he must be real busy or something. It's been about 9 days since the second email and 23 from the first initial one in which he said he would check.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 17:41 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Wow, that's certainly the biggest development in the Duncan saga since a private investigator recovered a few players years back. Crazy to think this may get a happy ending after all.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 18:26 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I haven't heard anymore. Wonder if he found out he wasn't even able to buy these???

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 20:14 
Serious fan
Serious fan

At this point in the saga, anything is possible. I hope he did indeed secure the players - it would be terrible to think of that many winding up in the trash or rotting away wet from a failed shed roof.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 06:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Sorry for being late in the game. Mine was a Pioneer CLD-92
I haven't got much details, as mine was sent directly from the e-bay seller to Duncan, and I can't remember where in the USA it was from. But Duncan said it was bad grease and he already had the player working, and was doing an alignment as well.
But going to e-mail him about it now.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 12:03 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

xtempo wrote:
I might be screwed since he said he was building the LD-S2 for me and told me to pay for it rather quickly because of some other person was interested. At one point he said was going to ship but this all was a rouse probably to get money though I am waiting on what Joey finds out or finds anything of mine including the Lexicon LDD-1 he was suppose to be modding.

2017 was terrible year as my mother died and I put stuff in storage that I now have been able to get out of in my new place. I moved in 2018 after school. it has been a mess and I sorta gave up hope but now I don't want to get my hopes up too high but at least have some closure.

Word man. Be grateful for what you have. I'm 43 and about to be homeless again. My s**t is going to storage like yours did. I think you were younger when you went through this. You are resilient, you made it. Have faith in yourself. I have been ripped off on properties, and equipment, a $3000 amplifier comes to mind. I have a low income but work full time. I have faith in my self tho and will make it through this and enjoy LDs again one day.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 15:04 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

pobodys_nerfect wrote:
xtempo wrote:

Word man. Be grateful for what you have. I'm 43 and about to be homeless again. My s**t is going to storage like yours did. I think you were younger when you went through this. You are resilient, you made it. Have faith in yourself. I have been ripped off on properties, and equipment, a $3000 amplifier comes to mind. I have a low income but work full time. I have faith in my self tho and will make it through this and enjoy LDs again one day.

not much younger I mean I'm 39 now. i am still going through stuff so every day is a battle. If you have faith in yourself all things are possible though its hard to. making the right decisions or any decision is hard enough but going through my father died 2 years earlier and all that plus a pandemic its makes my mental health worse. hope you are fine.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2022, 20:21 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Was just notified by the admin here on the board via PM. Sent a email to you with verification information to see if my completed S2 is there. Thanks so much for posting here and I look forward to your reply.

Limoman54

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2022, 23:18 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Did anyone recover a player from Joey?

Page 16 of 17 [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next