It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:09

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Anyone use DScaler? No audio after Windows 7 update
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 12:55 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Hey guys,
I use DScaler for most of my 4:3 LDs and it's been great but after the last time I shutdown, all my Windows audio settings went wonky for some reason. I had to re-select my default audio devices. And then audio in DScaler was really distorted. The louder the audio, the more the distortion. I rebooted again, and now there's no audio. This is some kind of a Windows problem but anyway.

If I open the Windows audio settings, it shows my main audio card as the device and DScaler shows up as one of the applications. The meter for DScaler lights up showing that audio is being received, but the audio card doesn't show any activity and I can't hear anything. I can load up other software that runs from the same capture card (KMPlayer is my main other choice, for widescreen video) and the audio is fine (no distortion, plays perfectly) and shows up on the meter. In fact, any program I run with audio (VLC, etc.) shows up on the meter and is heard through the sound card. Just not DScaler...

I tried every combination of settings in DScaler (DShow and Audio Mixer menus) and setting in the Windows audio configurations but nothing seems to help.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]