It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 05:24

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Service remote help please?
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 10:40 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I recently acquired a Pioneer service remote but need some instructions for it- the buttons aren't entirely intuitive, and the only info I've found online about it is that you can also use this remote with Pioneer DVD and CD recorders but of course I want to know how to use it with a laserdisc player. I would just mess around with it but I'm afraid of permanently messing up my player by changing settings I don't understand; almost learned that the hard way using a TV's service mode!

Any help would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Service remote help please?
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 20:16 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Which remote do you have? Ones for DVD's will only work with DVL models.

Check the service manuals on this site for info on service mode+remotes.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 22:55 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

%99 of all LD players have no form of storage whatsoever so there's no way to brick it or anything. If anything messes up, just unplug it unless you have a DVL or another late unit. I don't know much about those and I assume they have some flash or NVRAM or whatever.

Last edited by signofzeta on 10 Feb 2017, 01:49, edited 1 time in total. _________________
All about LD care, inner sleeves, shrink wrap, etc.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017, 08:17 
Honest fan
Honest fan

The player I'm using right now is a CLD-D606 but I have several others. The remote is GGF1381 with the newer Pioneer logo on it, though the more common service remote is a different number with the older Pioneer logo but same button configurations. The player does respond to the remote, but again I'm not quite sure what it's doing. I've looked at a few service manuals but they don't say much if anything about what the service remote does.

I'm mainly interested in getting the machine to play General Motors discs without Philips code, LaserActive discs (which the player automatically rejects normally) and to access the un-numbered frames at the beginning of DiscoVision discs where the bumpers usually are, but of course want to know what other sorts of things I can do with this remote.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017, 21:56 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Use the 406 service manual on this site for info on test mode. If you can get it into test mode with the 1381, you will be able to play GM disks at least. I still haven't quite figured out how to get the discovision bumper, but I should figure that out someday.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2022, 20:37 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Just found this thread again- wanted to update that you CAN mess a player up with this, I had one go nuts when I had the laser go too far back and start reading the label. It could never play a disc right after that.

To put the player in service mode, first hit ESC then SERVICE. Hit ESC to go back to normal operation. A display will appear onscreen in service mode, hit the Audio Monitor button to get rid of it. When playing a disc in service mode, the first hit of the Play button will keep the laser in the same spot and you have to hit Play again to get it to play normally. Hitting Play again will stop the laser from moving again. To see the material at the beginning before time/frames start counting, you first have to have the laser stopped with the Play button, then you can reverse-scan but DON'T GO TOO FAR BACK or you could risk messing up the laser. I just tap the reverse-scan buttons gently and go back a small amount at a time, this has allowed me to see all the good stuff. Some older discs have a solid white screen at the very start. Keeping it in service mode will also let it play beyond the End mark, I checked an old Columbia Pictures disc and saw the "End of side" screens went on for about a minute longer. Some discs have black all the way to the edge of the disc, but some have parts that become unreadable so you also need to be quick and stop playback at that point otherwise something might get messed up.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2022, 21:26 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I've done a few checks before/after the start/end flags as well. I think all Technidisc have color bars before the start.

PostPosted: 17 May 2022, 19:39 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I've got the same problem as yours. I need to refer to the service manual to "look up" what each key actually does. Worse still, as I don't have any electronic payment tools I'm not able to order one online. Luckily I've got a GGF1381 file for pronto device from remotecentral.com and convert it to Anymote format for use in Android phones with IR blaster. All the 42 keys were specially rearranged for easy maintenance of LD players. The labels on the keys can be edited afterwards in Anymote to anything that you find meaningful (as in picture #2). The missing 2 keys from the pictures ("CX" and "stereo") are placed at the bottom and can be seen when scrolling downloads. If you already have a physical copy of this remote, I think it is worth keeping for backup purpose and I hope you'll find this virtual version fun to play with.

Steps for installation:
1. Make sure you have an Android mobile phone with IR blaster.
2. Download and Unrar the attached .rar file and copy the unrared .amsr to the phone.
3. Download a copy of Anymote (.apk file).
4. Install Anymote in the phone.
5. Run Anymote. Go to "Import Remote from File" from the menu and select the .amsr file.
6. Enjoy it.

Attachments:
Pioneer GGF1381 Virtual Service Remote (for Andriod phones with IR blaster and Anymote app installed).rar [712 Bytes]
Downloaded 85 times
Pioneer GGF1381 Virtual Service Remote #1.png
Pioneer GGF1381 Virtual Service Remote #1.png [ 154.54 KiB | Viewed 2635 times ]
Pioneer GGF1381 Virtual Service Remote #2 (keys edited with Anymote).png
Pioneer GGF1381 Virtual Service Remote #2 (keys edited with Anymote).png [ 123.96 KiB | Viewed 2635 times ]

Last edited by siutakkei on 18 May 2022, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 May 2022, 20:02 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Very cool. The interface is nice. Key layout on the RMC12010 is awkward and neither the RMC12010 nor GGF1067 have servo labels.

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 01:03 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Since Anymote is not being supported anymore, (at least that what it seems to me) is that why when I try to import your .amsr I get an error message that it is not a valid file?

I downloaded and installed .apk file of Anymote.
When I open it it states:

Error
An internet connection is not available to download infrared remotes.
You can continue and control only WiFi devices.

Then from settings I select Import Remote From File and choose the unrar'd file "Pioneer GGF1381.amsr.
Then I get the Invalid file message.

Am I missing something?
Is there another remote app which can use you file?

Thx!

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 14:52 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

jefflang wrote:
Since Anymote is not being supported anymore, (at least that what it seems to me) is that why when I try to import your .amsr I get an error message that it is not a valid file?

Error

Then from settings I select Import Remote From File and choose the unrar'd file "Pioneer GGF1381.amsr.

Am I missing something?

Thx!

Thank you for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused. AnyMote can be used in our case no matter whether your mobile phone is online or not. Although the app is now out of business and its database server is not responding, the app still works since we're using local GGF1381 file for reading data. All the steps you've taken for installation are correct. The internet connection error message can be ignored. I suspect the problem you've encountered is version compatibility. The AnyMote version that I'm using is 4.6.8. Just google "AnyMote 4.6.8 dlandroid.com" and download its apk version for testing.

PostPosted: 20 May 2022, 17:21 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Thanks for updating this thread. I was able to add the GGF1381 remote to my Harmony 650 through their app. It identifies as a DVD Recorder but all the same buttons are there including Test and Esc. The GGF1067 identifies as a remote and I couldn't add it.

Your button layout was helpful as well as your disclaimer. I'm looking forward to using this as needed.

Well done and thanks again.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2022, 13:08 
Serious fan
Serious fan

siutakkei wrote:
jefflang wrote:

Error

Am I missing something?

Thx!

Thank you for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused. AnyMote can be used in our case no matter whether your mobile phone is online or not. Although the app is now out of business and its database server is not responding, the app still works since we're using local GGF1381 file for reading data. All the steps you've taken for installation are correct. The internet connection error message can be ignored. I suspect the problem you've encountered is version compatibility. The AnyMote version that I'm using is 4.6.8. Just google "AnyMote 4.6.8 dlandroid.com" and download its apk version for testing.

Tried as described with Anymote 4.6.8 but same result 'Invalid.asmr File" Anyone got this to work?
CLD-2290 Digital Prob
CLD-2590K Lots issues

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2022, 12:18 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Ive got this working - installing on an older Samsung Tab
CLD-2290 Digital Prob
CLD-2590K Lots issues

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]