It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:21

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need something really aggressive to unstick a pixel on lcd
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 04:41 
True fan
True fan

I have a bright neon green pixel I can't seem to unstick. Google tells me dead pixels are usually black and that green, red, and blue pixels are usually stuck pixels. I've tried running programs flashing with seizure like colors fast as possible. Nothing seems to be unsticking this pixel. I even applied pressure with my thumb rubbing the area because I read online that might work. It did not work. Is this really a dead pixel and I'm wasting my time? I thought dead pixels wouldn't be green, blue, or red colors. So I'm confused. I'm trying to use this as my main laserdisc monitor for my room but that one green dead pixel is annoying. Well, it might be more than one pixel but it's a bright neon green pixel.

Post subject: Re: Need something really aggressive to unstick a pixel on l
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 05:00 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jesuslovesgood wrote:
I have a bright neon green pixel I can't seem to unstick.

On my old LCD screens, I never had a black dead pixel. They always showed up green, blue or red.
Had same issues on an old 3Mpixel digital camera that would show up more and more colored pixels.

We can assume stuck == dead for practical purpose?

Julien

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 05:08 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

There are some websites that basically just flash your whole screen in several colors rapidly and you're supposed to leave it on your monitor for a few minutes and that'll fix it.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 07:57 
True fan
True fan

Guys I'm a genius!!! I fixed it!!! I used my hot breath!!! Not even joking. I seen some website recommend a hot damp towel. I decided not to do that method because I don't want to damage monitor further. So what I did was breathe my hot air onto the stuck neon green pixel and pressed my thumb against it. The pixel started blinking and now it's gone!!! I am now running the seizure color program non-stop. Maybe I should run it for a day or two to make sure the stuck pixel is gone for good? Either way I feel like a genius!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 08:47 
True fan
True fan

I failed it keeps coming back. Damn it this temporarily fix doesn't last long. I tried the hot water method too with plastic around wash cloth. I microwaved some water to get it hot. This sucks and I don't understand what I have to do to make this stuck pixel go away for good.

Edit: Omg I just breathed so much hot air onto it when it kept coming back that I think I may have won. It might be permanently gone now. However it came at a toll from my health. I've never breathed that much hot air out of my body before. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 08:59 
True fan
True fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
I failed it keeps coming back. Damn it this temporarily fix doesn't last long. I tried the hot water method too with plastic around wash cloth. I microwaved some water to get it hot. This sucks and I don't understand what I have to do to make this stuck pixel go away for good.

Edit: Omg I just breathed so much hot air onto it when it kept coming back that I think I may have won. It might be permanently gone now. However it came at a toll from my health. I've never breathed that much hot air out of my body before. :lol:

Edit: OMG, it came back again and it has won. This is crazy. I know there must be a method to get it to go away forever or probably not? My great aunt must have left this little neon green bugger on the monitor for a decade. It just doesn't want to go away.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 09:53 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I thought Bart would only see blue and red pixels, hence your avatar. ;-) Seems like there is no permanent fix to it, so I wouldn't bother trying anything else without risking the whole lcd.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 11:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

This reminds me of the massaging technique to deal with backlight bleed.

If it's out of warranty buy another screen. Keep this one as a backup for testing stuff or whatever if you want, but if it really bothers you then don't use it all the time.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 15:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Knew about dead pixels, wonder if it has to do with cold since its cold outside.
Or this could just be the issue with electronics, we get attached to them like art or books, but these can't always be restored to last our lifetime or forever.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 16:19 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

There are ways of fixing this, as you have discovered, but it’s not a promise its a hope. If it doesn’t work you get a new TV or LCD screen. It may have been defective from the factory, considering the previous owner didn’t seem to care.

Try to watch a lot of green stuff, I guess. The Wizard of Oz, The Matrix, and that 90/00s stuff that had a green tint added in post for some reason...

My mother in law moved and when we turned the TV on again it had three vertical lines that are dead/stuck. Two of them came back when I sort of...squeezed on the case but one is permanent. I think I hate Korean TVs...thinking back...they do seem to die quick and also have really stupid cellphone like menu systems that run you around in circles.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 19:15 
True fan
True fan

EDIT: If you are prone to seizures do not click the YouTube link!! You have been warned!!!

Thanks for all the responses. I think I've won the War! I breathed so much hot air onto it I think it's gone for good. To be sure tho I'm running seizure blocks. I think I should keep running this video on it for the next couple days. I wish there was a 24 hour video of this. I have to switch it every 8 hours. I refuse to lose. I refuse to give up. I know I can win. I'm using this video and it seems to be working. I just noticed it might not even be for lcd monitors but it seems to be working. EDIT: If you are prone to seizures do not click the YouTube link!! You have been warned!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdbqwF_KCzI&t=22577s EDIT: If you are prone to seizures do not click the YouTube link!! You have been warned!!!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 21:06 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Wonder if this will be dead after our OP running the color burst for so long????

This sort of reminds me of a story I heard back in Nashville, people would run audio through speaker cabinets in barns at full blast to break in the speakers
before they would gig with them.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 21:49 
True fan
True fan

rein-o wrote:
Wonder if this will be dead after our OP running the color burst for so long????

This sort of reminds me of a story I heard back in Nashville, people would run audio through speaker cabinets in barns at full blast to break in the speakers
before they would gig with them.

Wait, I can damage the lcd monitor if I do it for too long? Should I stop?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 00:48 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I'm no expert but if you keep running something it wears out.
I thought pixels on LCD sometimes were dead even new??? I have no idea about dead pixels.

From my understanding CRT had 3 guns inside that would shoot RBG Red Blue Green.

These LCD sets have each pixel that changes from RBG Red Blue Green, so if you are bursting that RBG pattern all the time you could? do more damage.
Search up before you start any fixes like this to make sure, we aren't experts on TVs, we know a little more about LDs but again most of us are not
experts so take all advice and do any repairs at your own risk.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]