It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:36

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm not sure how I never heard of this place
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2022, 01:40 
Third post and above
Third post and above

....and here I am. Hawkwind over on VideoKarma suggested I come here to get better help with a number of technical question I have.

I have been casually working with, collecting and learning more about Laserdiscs since the mid-2000's when I first purchased an RCA LDR-600 and soon after bought a copy of Jurassic Park. Ever since then as I came across movies, disc lots and hardware that wasn't unreasonable amounts of money I've been adding that to the collection, sometimes even traveling hundreds of kilometers to get something. Some items in my collection have been shipped or picked up personally as far away as Japan.
As a result I have a library consisting of 140 CED's and over 260 Laserdisc and Discovision titles from regular home movies to Discovision programmed training discs to interactive kiosk discs, photo albums and at least one PALCOM game and one pink-dye custom disc manufactured for Science World in Vancouver. The catalog is broken down currently into separate spreadsheet lists and now I have to figure out how to convert that to what LDDB wants, or if I will need to manually add each disc.

For hardware it is just as diverse. While I have long since sent the RCA on to other people I own multiple Sony and Pioneer players, both consumer models and industrial players. There is at least a dozen players scattered around in various states other than "completely broken". For example I own a PR-7820 Discovision player and a Pioneer DVL-919. The collection however expands into the far weirder machines as well such as the Sony VIW-3015A interactive computer system, a Matrox E-VDP and the Sony LVR-5000 which is technically CRVdisc and not compatible with laserdisc, but it was cheap, 600km away and a cartridge was even cheaper. I also have the WORM data format media as well but curiously, not the drive.
Then there's the absolutely nutty. I own a twin-tower Pioneer LC-V300 system, the CO-V50 autochanger controller and its matching CU-V126 remote control. This setup is so large I use it as a table. Finally if you are googling up some of these items and thinking "huh, this CelGenStudios guy has the same hardware", well that's because you are looking at my videos. :wave:

Now that all being said I have many questions. Some of them are simple, others are considerably more complicated and others are calls for help due to components being completely unheard of on the open Internet and I'm hoping to get answers and help here.

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I never heard of this place
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 03:50 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Welcome. I like your name.

mips wrote:
There is at least a dozen players scattered around in various states other than "completely broken".

This makes me feel less insane. :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I never heard of this place
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2024, 08:45 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mips wrote:
The collection however expands into the far weirder machines as well such as the (...) Matrox E-VDP.

Since you have this one, it would be cool to complete the missing info!

=> Matrox CDV-1082

Julien

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]