It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 12:51

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Time to Stop Lurking!
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 19:01 
Just bought a Pioneer CLD-1010 this morning off Craigslist for $50, so I figured it was time I joined you guys instead of just reading your posts. :D

My name is Derrick. I will be 40 this year, and I live in Denver. I had an LD player briefly in the late 90's, back when you could still go into a Virgin Megastore and buy new LDs. (I intend to get SHOWGIRLS and GOLDENEYE again before too long.) Lately I have been hanging out at the tapeheads forum, which is dedicated to analog audio collectors. I thought I was one of them, until I realized that it's movies that I love in old formats -- not music.

There's a local used book/record store that has a decent selection of LDs. I'll swing by there tonight and pick up one or two to test out my machine (Hoping they still have Patton; sleeve was in perfect condition when I was last there).

So here I am. Let the LD collecting commence! (and probably CED before long, too)

Post subject: Re: Time to Stop Lurking!
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 21:06 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

good to hear from you.
since you had it you know what LD is.
i had a CED player, it was fun but just didn't have the space for it, only lasted about 3 weeks

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 01:14 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

We love lurkers !!!! LoL .....

Big welcome to the ranks of the fit !!!
LaserDisc is a way of life, no matter what the critical members of this Forum type !!!!
Good fortune hunting for your shelves ..........

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 09:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good day to you ytonic,

Good to have you aboard ''I enjoyed the LURKING bit''

I am 50 this year.......Boy doe's the time fly, and have enjoyed the Laserdisc Format for about 15years now and hopefully I will never part with my collection.

To be honest I am still collecting titles, although available funds are slim on the ground right now.

Happy collecting.

:thumbup: :D

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2013, 07:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

ytonic wrote:
Just bought a Pioneer CLD-1010 this morning off Craigslist for $50, so I figured it was time I joined you guys instead of just reading your posts. :D

My name is Derrick. I will be 40 this year, and I live in Denver. I had an LD player briefly in the late 90's, back when you could still go into a Virgin Megastore and buy new LDs. (I intend to get SHOWGIRLS and GOLDENEYE again before too long.) Lately I have been hanging out at the tapeheads forum, which is dedicated to analog audio collectors. I thought I was one of them, until I realized that it's movies that I love in old formats -- not music.

There's a local used book/record store that has a decent selection of LDs. I'll swing by there tonight and pick up one or two to test out my machine (Hoping they still have Patton; sleeve was in perfect condition when I was last there).

So here I am. Let the LD collecting commence! (and probably CED before long, too)

I love that player. Did it come with the remote? I got my CLD-1010 when it was released in mid-1987 and it's still working great. Although I don't need to, I want to have an AC-3 RF out and PCM/DTS output added. The 1010 was Pioneer's last combination player to use two separate motors for CD/CDV and LaserDisc, which I always thought was a good idea.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]