It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:48

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I will spin eternal, shiny and chrome.
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 12:57 
Third post and above
Third post and above

I've wanted to get into LD all my life. My elementary school probably spent their entire years budget to buy one back in the day and it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and I've wanted one ever since. A few years back I came across an eBay auction for the first five volumes of the Guyver anime, still brand new and sealed, for $20. As a huge fan of the series I bought them without hesitation.

Quote:

Needless to say I was extremely impressed when I received them in the mail. The art on the sleeves was gigantic and amazing. The first volume came with a production book with tons of concept art. I was hooked. Been adding a title or two here and there since then but never tried getting a player until a few months ago. Bought a CLD-D503 off eBay that was DOA when I got it in the mail. Very disheartening experience but I did get my money back. Then last week I found a CLD-V2800 in great condition listed on Craigslist, and picked it up. After watching over half of my LD collection since then I know I'm in love with the format. Did some research and found that the DC metro area is a great place to live if you're a LD collector. Planning a trip down to Fat Kat Records tomorrow to check out their discs, and I've already ordered several discs from Duffs.

I am awaited at the gates of LD Valhalla.

Post subject: Re: I will spin eternal, shiny and chrome.
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 16:34 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Ooooooh, it's the GUYVER series on LD - amazing stuff man, thumbs up! Guess I need to put those titles on my wantlist, too. Those japanese Bandai editions are really well done and the mastering always amazes me, especially for an LD release...

Post subject: Re: I will spin eternal, shiny and chrome.
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 22:06 
Third post and above
Third post and above

knatterbuechse wrote:
Ooooooh, it's the GUYVER series on LD - amazing stuff man, thumbs up! Guess I need to put those titles on my wantlist, too. Those japanese Bandai editions are really well done and the mastering always amazes me, especially for an LD release...

Yeah, they were the first discs I spun when I got my player, and the prints are gorgeous.

My trip to Fat Kat was very successful, picked up Criterion Halloween, Guyver 2: Dark Hero, and The Terminator. Very happy with that.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]