It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:00

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: just joined wanted to say hello
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018, 20:39 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hello everyone im film historian love having films on dvd used to have a large vhs collection but got rid of them once i had replaced the titles with dvd but am creating a personal database of films with the formats the films were released in from 35 and 70mm right up to blu ray and hopefully find the release dates of these various formats as an example star wars 1977 all formats this film has been released on from 35mm to blu ray including special editions etc but as i said its just for my own personal use
I like most genres of film and also collect films which are special editions with two discs i source these mainly in charity shops etc and they are reasonably priced
i also collect the bond films but they have been issued in so many different versions its a nightmare trying to fathom which year that particular disc was released in
i also have an interest in cinema history and cinema projection 35mm 70mm and digital i also visit the new beverly cinema website which is the cinema owned by quentin tarantino who will not under any circumstances show digital films all the films he shows are 35mm either from his own private collection or borrowed from collectors
Iam also doing research about the Dundee Scotland cinema owner J B Milne who owned the largest privately owned cinema chain on the east coast of scotland from 1928 to 1968 which i am hoping to write up as a book and get it published

Post subject: Re: just joined wanted to say hello
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2018, 00:41 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Welcome, Good luck with your collecting.

Post subject: Re: just joined wanted to say hello
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 05:31 
Site Admin
Site Admin

filmhistorian wrote:
i also have an interest in cinema history and cinema projection 35mm 70mm and digital i also visit the new beverly cinema website which is the cinema owned by quentin tarantino who will not under any circumstances show digital films all the films he shows are 35mm either from his own private collection or borrowed from collectors

That's pretty cool, I didn't know about this!

Julien

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]