It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:01

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New here, sort of I think.
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 00:18 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Could've sworn I already made a account here some years back, but it was likely tied in to the company e-mail I had back then and can no longer access, so oh well.

Presently both of my LD players are sitting in storage, non functional. :(

My first and main unit was a industrial/commercial Pioneer LD player (not sure of the model), that only featured a Play/Pause and Stop command
buttons on the unit. Really had to know you had the time to watch a entire side of a disc when I did watch a LD as a result, as I never had the remote for it. First thing to go on it was the Left channel audio, then it developed lines and static on the screen.

Second unit was given to me by a co-worker who had moved to the area from elsewhere and said he'd been lugging the player around his last four moves, but had sold off his LDs after his first move. Been so long ago now that I can't actually recall what it was or wasn't doing exactly. Once again, no remote, but at least it was a home player model with controls on the front.

Have 14 or 15 LDs in my collection, one I could add to my collection as it wasn't in the database, and seems when I went to add it I clicked quick add, err, well I'm sure I'll figure out how to finish adding data for it eventually. Right after I bought that first player hit up Ebay and bought the "Back to the Future" trilogy (all Letterbox), and Star Wars Episodes IV and VI, for some reason Episode V eluded me at that time. Picked up the rest of the titles locally, but wasn't long, bit over a year, before that highly annoying loss of the Left Channel audio issue started and I just sort of drifted away from the format at that point.

Also have a small collection of HD-DVDs, only consisting of the titles I personally really liked, and five mostly functional HD-DVD players, with remotes. May seem excessive, but one player is the Xbox 360 with the HD-DVD add-on, the "mostly functional" player is my old Toshiba Laptop with HD-DVD playback, the actual HD-DVD-ROM ODD in it failed, but discovered I can still playback HD-DVDs with the laptop using the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on USB drive. One stand-alone player needs a new cooling fan as the bearings in the original were shot and making a terrible racket. The stand-alone players from Toshiba are also excellent for watching DVDs on a HD TV or Monitor as they use Toshiba's patented SHARC hardware upscale system, that I personally think does a excellent job.

Post subject: Re: New here, sort of I think.
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 06:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good morning Tweeg,

I live in the UK

I have just read your welcome to the forums intro message, and enjoyed the read.
Thank you for adding your uniqueness to this forum, as all are welcome.

I believe Julien Wilks our Founder and Moderator keeps a check on those members who are still current, and if inactive for a while he cleans out as a matter of good housekeeping, but he does give enough time.

I hope life is treating you well and welcome back to us here.

Kindest Regards to you
:)

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 09:16 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Welcome!
iScan DUO Processor
Check out my small but loved collection here..

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 02:24 
Site Admin
Site Admin

tweeg wrote:
Could've sworn I already made a account here some years back, but it was likely tied in to the company e-mail I had back then and can no longer access, so oh well.

Need me to dig it from the grave and restore your collection/wishlist?

Julien

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 10:25 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

tweeg wrote:

Presently both of my LD players are sitting in storage, non functional. :(

My first and main unit was a industrial/commercial Pioneer LD player (not sure of the model), that only featured a Play/Pause and Stop command
buttons on the unit. Really had to know you had the time to watch a entire side of a disc when I did watch a LD as a result, as I never had the remote for it. First thing to go on it was the Left channel audio, then it developed lines and static on the screen.

Typical Pioneer failure. Stick with Sony if you don't want these issues.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]