It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:30

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Longtime LD afficionado finally started collecting
PostPosted: 19 May 2021, 06:25 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hello all!

I'm Chris, and I've been interested in laserdiscs for about 15 years now. Unfortunately it was only recently that I was actually able to get one, as whenever I looked for one they were always out of my price range. Ironically, the player I bought was twice the price of the players I balked at ten years ago, but now I'm a little more financially secure I can afford to get one. I ended up getting a Pioneer CLD-S310S, which I've been told is a good entry-level player for newbies getting into the hobby. It lacks support for analogue audio or NTSC discs, but at the moment I'm content with collecting later PAL discs. I do intend to buy something a bit better at some point, if only so I can try to get those sweet japanese Star Trek releases (I have no idea how expensive they are, but I am expecting the prices will make my eyes water lol).

So far I have five releases in my collection, with nine more on the way. I'd be quite interested to make trades or buy/sell with people on the site to see if I can get some of the more obscure releases on my wishlist. As of right now, my holy grail is Infinite Ryvius: Infinity Box (1999) [BELT-1542], though it's one of those things I doubt I will ever own because of its rarity. But still, a guy can dream!

Anyway, I hope I'll have a lot of interesting discussion on here in future. I'm pretty interested in tech in general, and have a brain like a sponge for this stuff so I'm often quoting random pieces of information relating to stuff that's being discussed. I have more than a newbie's knowledge about laserdisc technology because I've reasearched quite a bit over the years, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot more on this forum.

Here's a photo of my setup as of now:

Post subject: Re: Longtime LD afficionado finally started collecting
PostPosted: 19 May 2021, 09:37 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Glad for you to finally join us!
Welcome from across from pond in New Zealand.
Welcome to the madness :p
iScan DUO Processor
Check out my small but loved collection here..

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]