It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:21

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Did Anyone Else Here Order LDs From Starship Industries?
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2022, 13:03 
True fan
True fan

Back in the mid 80s I began buying LaserDiscs from a mail order company called Starship Industries. I bought my first player in 1984 and was already buying discs from them. Their catalogs had a publisher index, as well as a pressing plant index. So if you wanted to avoid DiscoVision or Technidisc titles you could.

They also sold supplies such as outer protective sleeves and poly-lined paper inner sleeves. When DVD launched they carried them too, although I don't remember if they carried HD-DVDs. After LaserDiscs quit being released that began buying collections and selling used LDs in addition to the new stock that they still had. Additionally they sold new old stock of Pioneer's last LD/DVD combi player right up till the end.

My last catalog from them had a picture of the Starship Voyager (Star Trek) on the cover. I may still have it somewhere, probably with my Ken Cranes catalogs. There was also a mail order company that I bought Japanese releases from that was located in either NJ or NY.

Anyone else remember Starship Industries?

Post subject: Re: Did Anyone Else Here Order LDs From Starship Industries?
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2022, 23:53 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I actually worked at Starship Industries in the packing department. That's a long time ago. Probably 25 years since I talked to them.

Post subject: Re: Did Anyone Else Here Order LDs From Starship Industries?
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022, 11:58 
True fan
True fan

blam1 wrote:
I actually worked at Starship Industries in the packing department. That's a long time ago. Probably 25 years since I talked to them.

I loved Starship Industries. I bought a lot of titles that were heavily discounted.

Mark

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]