It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:42

Page 40 of 44 [ 863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2022, 07:12 
True fan
True fan

Won Bride of Chucky for $113.50 plus $4.16 and taxes and after that it's $125.45. I plan on paying this off today. I should be paid today and hope I will be. The seller is real cool. Today is going to be the 4th day but the seller didn't mind that it took me 4 days to pay off so I appreciate that. He knows I'm a serious collector and I told him or her my account on lddb and they recognize this website so maybe they have an account here or just know of this place. Either way I'm glad he didn't cancel me because I won the auction for a great price. I seen that Bride of Chucky goes for crazy prices normally around 200-250 range. I have never went that high on a laserdisc. :lol: Okay here's hoping that my aunts pay me my cash today because I need to pay off this awesome laserdisc and Silent Hill Today. I need to run like Forrest Gump and get that gift card then run back real quick. Silent Hill Guy scares me saying he'll cancel me if I don't pay before 12pm or 1pm. I forget which time he is giving me but I'm really worried about him or her. Oh yeah speaking of Bride of Chucky. Does anyone on here have it and can you tell me if it's a good or bad widescreen release? Either way I'm getting it because I want it in my horror collection since I already have 6 freddy films and 8 friday the 13th films even though friday the 13th part 3 suffers from major rot.

Attachments:
brideOfChucky.jpg
brideOfChucky.jpg [ 286.05 KiB | Viewed 9008 times ]
BrideOfChucky2.jpg
BrideOfChucky2.jpg [ 360.32 KiB | Viewed 9008 times ]
BrideOfChucky3.jpg
BrideOfChucky3.jpg [ 310.94 KiB | Viewed 9008 times ]

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2022, 14:46 
True fan
True fan

I knew I shouldn't have made that post. I jinxed myself. I got used to be paid early and of course I wasn't. I guess I can say good bye to silent hill. Good thing that game is always popping up because it's super common but it's also super expensive and I had won that for a pretty good price. Oh well, I'm going to have to contact both sellers today and let them know it's probably going to be tomorrow. Money isn't the problem. The problem is when I'm going to be paid. That's the problem. I was so used to be paid on Saturday or Sundays and now it's not like that anymore. Well it is what it is. I can't use my dad's cc it's all maxed out thanks to me buying thousands of dollars worth of s**t. This is what happens when I start making money. I spend it like crazy.

After this week of making money I was thinking of possibly saving up the rest of the weeks to buy my Dad a nice new 77 or 83 inch oled tv. Depending on how many more weeks I get to work at this job. It depends how much more I can do and my weeks sometimes make me 360 to 480 a week. Was thinking of saving up and buying him a 2k, 3k, or 4k tv. Probably leaning towards the 77 inch oled because of pricing and because I have no idea how long this job will last and how much I'll be paid after this week since I might get less and less days. This week I'm probably only getting $360 since last week they gave me $480 for an extra day I didn't do because someone else did the day. Now that we are talking tvs does anyone know how big of an upgrade a 2022 oled tv is over our current TCL 65 inch 4k tv? I would think pretty big because the blacks are suppose to look better right? I'd like for us to get a tv that not only looks good but doesn't reflect too much. The current tv reflects the lights and i have to tell him to shut the light off often.

With the loss of my Dad's son I think it's the least I could do especially since I blame myself for my brothers death. I knew he was killing himself but I ignored it because I held onto a grudge over the idiot cops in my town arresting me when I called them for help back in May of 2020. This haunts me every day thinking about my brother's death and 100 percent knowing I could have saved him but I was having a mental breakdown and I just wish he would be gone. I couldn't stand him any longer. He was wandering around the house high all the time and it's one of the reasons didn't want him living with us any longer and the idiot cops in my town made things worse when I called them for help and reported he was on drugs. They didn't care he was on drugs and behaving erratically.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2022, 05:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Latest acquisition is ISLANDS IN THE STREAMS with George C Scott in the Ernest Hemingway novel brought to the big screen.
Highly recommended movie. A true testament of Scott's acting prowess.
Stunning cinematography and a pleasant music score highlight a most poignant script adaptation.

Check this out if unfamiliar.

Cheers to the membership.....

Attachments:
RTSHAWLD.jpg
RTSHAWLD.jpg [ 127.81 KiB | Viewed 8978 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2022, 12:06 
True fan
True fan

A nice new squeeze has arrived.

Attachments:
IMG_E0454.JPG
IMG_E0454.JPG [ 451.92 KiB | Viewed 8970 times ]

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2022, 20:47 
True fan
True fan

Finally paid everything off. Bride of Chucky guy from Texas was a real nice guy/person whatever their gender is and allowed me 6 days on ebay to pay off!!! Never ran into such a nice seller on ebay. I bought 3 brand new Charlie Brown movies. I wanted the Christmas special but I did not see that one online and this is probably a horrible month to be hunting for that one since everyone else is probably hunting for it. Anyways I hope I don't deal with too much warpness issues with these sealed copies and i don't think these paramount laserdiscs of Charlie Brown were known as rotters so I'm pretty sure It'll be fine. Also last minute purchase 2 days ago on an auction was Monster Squad because it was a cheaper price than it normally sells for. This laserdisc usually sells in the hundreds of dollars range but I only paid in the 80 range after I sniped the auction. I was debating whether to get it when I seen the clock counting down. Don't think it will ever show up for much cheaper than what I paid. I also heard the 4:3 copy destroys the Japanese Widescreen release in picture quality. I read that online when Is searched on google or bing.

Also a auction I lost which I knew I was going to lose because the price was too insane for me was Deep Blue Sea laserdisc. It went up to 300 dollars and a Sealed copy also sold for about 430-440 range. I think people are putting crazy prices on this ld and I recently with-in the past month or so seen someone on reddit claim they only paid a 100 bucks for it. That sounds more reasonable in my opinion. I do not know where these people with a s**t ton of money to burn come from. 300 or 400 bucks for a laserdisc is crazy to me. You can literally buy a good laserdisc player even in 2022 for that price range!!! I don't think any disc in my collection is worth close to that! I don't even think Deep Blue Sea should be worth close to that! Yes it's a late release but so are many other movies that I have in my collection that didn't cost any where close to 300-400 range. I didn't pay any where close to that for The Mummy even though I wasn't happy what I ultimately ended up paying for that. I also have stuff like Small Soldiers, Antz, and other laserdiscs that I paid under 100 bucks for. I probably paid around 70-80 for small soldiers in the past and antz may have been a similar price. I couldn't see myself paying 300-400 dollars for either of those releases!!! Also Wild Wild West always seems to sell for under 100 bucks on ebay in recent times and that's probably what I'd consider the best looking Wide-Screen release but that's subjective obviously. I'll capture bride of chucky when it comes so I can let you guys know what that widescreen release looks like. I doubt anything beats Wild Wild West even though some of you claim Austin Powers which I also own beats it color wise.

Attachments:
pumpkin.jpg
pumpkin.jpg [ 314.66 KiB | Viewed 8939 times ]
easter.jpg
easter.jpg [ 293.42 KiB | Viewed 8939 times ]
monster1.jpg
monster1.jpg [ 180.23 KiB | Viewed 8939 times ]
monster2.jpg
monster2.jpg [ 205.4 KiB | Viewed 8939 times ]

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2022, 20:06 
True fan
True fan

Bride of Chucky came in and testing it a little bit the image picture quality is impressive for laserdisc. I definitely think it's up there with the likes of Wild Wild West. This is definitely one of the better Widescreen releases in my collection. It probably helps that they used a pretty good camera to film the movie. Interesting thing about this movie is that the line doubler I have doesn't work with it in s-video or composite. So I have to use the other connector part that came with my tcl tv. It starts glitching on the top on a line doubler if zoomed in. I hope my line doubler isn't going bad. It worked fine last night. If my line doubler is already breaking I'm going to be upset because that would have been a waste of money. Also keep in mind the tv glares so the colors won't be exact.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2023, 01:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Bought some LDs for the first time in awhile. Hyper Doll 1 off eBay and Urotsukidoji 1: Legend of Overfiend from the lddb marketplace. Looking forward to getting both. I actually wanted the edited and badly dubbed version of Urotsukidoji specifically. :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2023, 04:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Just purchased Scott Hicks film SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS.
Based on the novel by David Guterson.
One rare late PILF series gems.

Max Von Sydow, Ethan Hawke, James
Reborn, James Cromwell, Richard Jenkins, and many others.

One of my favourite Scott Hicks films.
Another fav Scott Hicks film is Hearts in Atlantis starring Anton Yelchin and Anthony Hopkins.... check it out people, epic movie....

Cheers and Happy New Year to the membership.....

Attachments:
RTSHAWLD.jpg
RTSHAWLD.jpg [ 127.81 KiB | Viewed 8808 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2023, 16:20 
True fan
True fan

So I don't know which is rarer. I don't know if The Faculty on laserdisc is rarer than Dark Tide or if Dark Tide is. Either way I just added another ridiculously rare laserdisc to my collection. I don't even want to tell you what I paid for this one because I'd feel embarrassed and if I ever sell The Faculty I'm probably going to want a little more than I paid for it. I've seen The Faculty pop up on Ebay only once or twice before and each time it's commanding a price higher than $200. This copy is untested and seller told me if I had issues I could send it back to her but I would have to cover the 5 dollar shipping costs. I would imagine that there's not going to be any issues. Laserdiscs typically work fine unless for some reason this one is a rotter but I doubt it is. I have faith it will play fine. It's coming in the mail today and I'm hyped for it. I'm wondering if it can match Wild Wild West or surpass it in Video Quality. On widescreenreviews website they rated Wild Wild West and The Faculty a 4/5 on video quality which shocks me because I feel like Wild Wild West is one of the better Widescreen releases. Though I didn't test Wild Wild West on a crt tv. I've tested it on led and lcd tvs only. Also Dark Tide could be rare because people are being pervy and holding onto the laserdisc because of the cover showing sekz. I don't know why Dark Tide is uncommon. I've only seen that one pop up twice and I bought it both times once for $20 and then seller told me they already sold it. I then was screwed and stuck with getting it for $130. I wonder if the Dark Tide copy I got is the same one the seller listed up for $20 but did research on it and decided to sell it for more because he/she didn't realize it didn't pop up often or at all.

https://widescreenreview.com/ld_detail.php?recid=5057

https://widescreenreview.com/ld_detail.php?recid=5134

Attachments:
champion.jpg
champion.jpg [ 469.49 KiB | Viewed 8770 times ]
champion 3.jpg
champion 3.jpg [ 430.65 KiB | Viewed 8770 times ]
champion 4.jpg
champion 4.jpg [ 334.35 KiB | Viewed 8770 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2023, 22:20 
True fan
True fan

I haven't watched the entire movie to see if there's any serious video or audio problems but I have a good feeling that it's fine. Won't be able to test the entire movie out until tomorrow.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 00:08 
True fan
True fan

First arrival of the year.

Attachments:
IMG_E0715.JPG
IMG_E0715.JPG [ 474.76 KiB | Viewed 8699 times ]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 03:09 
True fan
True fan

Not a big fan of this movie but I do think the character Leatherface is cool. I just found the fat character Franklin to be obnoxious. I feel like his character makes the movie a chore to watch. I might even find his character more annoying than Busta Rhymes in that one Halloween movie. I remember seeing screenshots comparing the first dvd release by pioneer to this laserdisc and the laserdisc won hands down. Apparently this is a pretty good release though to me it's a chore when a movie is on two discs. Wasn't sure I was going to get this but seller came down in price and I had some money left on my gift card. :lol:

Back when I worked at the movie theaters in either 2003-2006 or 2004-2006 one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes or sequel to the remake came out and I remember catching parts of that movie. I remember the movie being pretty creepy. I think I might even have it on a dvd my sister gave me. I have a couple of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. I probably should give them a watch. Was the remake or remake to the sequel considered better than the original? Also was Leatherface considered the first of the big slasher baddies? He came out before Michael didn't he or was that afterwards?

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 274.93 KiB | Viewed 8693 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 358.57 KiB | Viewed 8693 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 303.7 KiB | Viewed 8693 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 309.31 KiB | Viewed 8693 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 04:15 
True fan
True fan

Was refunded fast on my one gift card when I had issues with one seller and amazon sent me wrong cd-rs because I forgot to get the Data Plus model which is the model I prefer. I ended up spending the refunded money on A Charlie Brown Christmas laserdisc. This one doesn't seem to pop up often. After shipping and tax it came to $36.62. I don't think that's a bad price. It will go good with my christmas specials on laserdisc. I already have Ernest Saves Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Attachments:
charlie brown christmas.jpg
charlie brown christmas.jpg [ 232.26 KiB | Viewed 8650 times ]
charliebrownchristmas2.jpg
charliebrownchristmas2.jpg [ 283.25 KiB | Viewed 8650 times ]
charliebrownchrist.jpg
charliebrownchrist.jpg [ 133.17 KiB | Viewed 8650 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2023, 00:47 
True fan
True fan

An 80s jewel.

Attachments:
IMG_E0797.JPG
IMG_E0797.JPG [ 458.98 KiB | Viewed 8596 times ]

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2023, 04:24 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

therussian wrote:
An 80s jewel.

One of the best 80's movies ever made imo !
Never get too old to enjoy this one.
Great score there !

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 01:32 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Touch: TV Series Laserdisc Collection [KELD-1001~26] Got this in today, and lo and behold, Julien just added it to the database yesterday! Hope a free weekend comes up soon so I can upload covers (just the box to start; it's a whopping 26 discs in here (with gorgeous cover art for each)).

I have a weakness for all things baseball, and Mitsuru Adachi's my favorite manga artist, so I think it was only a matter of time until I added Touch to the LD collection. And I think my Japanese is getting to the point where a subtitle-less re-watch makes sense.

Also got Touch: Miss Lonely Yesterday (1998) [VPLY-70719] in the same auction. I'm automatically suspicious of anime-original sequels to manga adaptations, but I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 19:06 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

What am I doing with my life?

I've considered for a while getting the special edition box set - I have no particular love for those versions, but they were also the first time I'd actually owned the trilogy as a commercial release so there's at least a little hint of nostalgia for them. However, when I tried watching the SE making ofs on youtube - which had sold me on the SEs hook line and sinker as a kid - I realized I had no desire to listen to Lucas and his entourage's excuses so I decided I'd rather not have those. Fortunately I was able to grab this off buyee at a somewhat reasonable price. If nothing else (and turns out, even my nostalgia isn't enough to make me put up with the altered versions), at least Return still has Sebastian Shaw in it. And I can probably find someone local willing to take this off my hands.

I was actually looking for something to pad out my order to save on the shipping, but I had no idea this even existed on LD, so of course I had to buy it. I can't imagine this board has a lot of people who know how big of a deal this is, but The Wonderful Adventures of Nils is practically embedded into the DNA of a certain generation of children who grew up in this part of the world, along with the likes of Tao Tao and Maya the Bee, except Nils kept getting re-runs up to the 1990s so even kids my age grew up watching the TV series. Apparently there was a separately animated movie version and I'm assuming this is going to be that.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2023, 14:59 
True fan
True fan

The first audio track on this laserdisc is in English despite the entire back being in Japanese text. Glad I added this to my collection. :lol:

Attachments:
Dinosaurs1.jpg
Dinosaurs1.jpg [ 133.53 KiB | Viewed 8319 times ]
Dinosaurs2.jpg
Dinosaurs2.jpg [ 168.84 KiB | Viewed 8319 times ]

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2023, 13:57 
True fan
True fan

I don't like Val Kilmer the person. I don't like his politics even if he isn't as vocal as some other idiots out there. But most of all I hate the stories of him allegedly putting a cigarette out on someone on set. He claims to be a Christian but no REAL Christian I know would behave in that manner. However I do enjoy his movies even though I haven't watched anything recently with him in it. This laserdisc popped up on ebay and seller listed it as rare. I didn't see another copy on lddb and this was the only complete copy of it on ebay. That and I looked up a review on Widescreenreviews and apparently this movie got a 5 out 5 for video picture by them. This is a website that gave a 4/5 for Wild Wild West which I thought was a pretty good laserdisc release and this same website gave The Faculty a 4/5 in laserdisc picture quality and that's another laserdisc which I thought was pretty good looking. I'm wondering what this 5/5 is from them if it's accurate or not. I remember seeing At first sight when I was a kid and I enjoyed it. Actually before I knew certain things about Val Kilmer I grew up being a pretty big fan of his. Loved every movie I watched him in. Even Batman Forever which wasn't even particularity a good movie and it's a shame he didn't get to be in a good batman movie.

Attachments:
11111.jpg
11111.jpg [ 168.11 KiB | Viewed 8292 times ]
222222.jpg
222222.jpg [ 223.85 KiB | Viewed 8292 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2023, 23:50 
True fan
True fan

:o

Attachments:
cut.jpg
cut.jpg [ 321.01 KiB | Viewed 8494 times ]

Page 40 of 44 [ 863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next